1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 99 WR125 needs another teaspoon of torque!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by old3, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    That's why they went to the CR tranny on WR in '02.....
  2. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You know what Norm, I rode it down the street to the woods and at 30 MPH in 6th gear! I wouldn't call this a true wide ratio box. Just burping along but it pulled 6th just fine. I can't imagine the top speed could be very high, I expected that RPM at that speed in 4th to be honest.

Dealer has a OEM 12t on the shelf, ($$40???) and a JT 52 at $45. Still on the fence but I'll be going lower either way.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Jim
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    get a bigger rear sprocket

the 12 sprocket wears out quicker then a 13

I run 13-52 that was with a 125 and now with a 165 and it runs fine in both trims

i could go smaller (to a 50 rear) but i wait till its snapping theeth:D

Robert-Jan
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Although that is true, it doesn't wear out noticeably quicker.

and $40 for a counter-shaft sprocket is highway robbery... They should be in the $12-15 range...
  5. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I grabbed the 12t today and with a new C clip & tax it ended up at $38. I think they gave me a bigger discount than usual as even the parts guy knew it was an insane price. They say they can't find a supplier who makes the 12 besides OEM, any ideas? JT he says is a negative.

I'll post up the result when I ride it again, its gotta be better than it was on the nasty single tracks!

Thanks again for the advice guys!

Jim
  6. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The lower gearing from the 12 has given me "just enough" to grunt up the hills I didn't have even a shot of climbing with the 13/51. It actually impressed me a lot, of course, coming on the pipe is even more frantic now but I can burp it in 2nd gear to avoid the hyper drive. I guess a 144 with porting for no hit and smooth spread would really be the knock out punch for me to keep it able to scream too.

Nice how these never overheat! I was braking new trail and it just goes and goes, no fan, no steam. nice!

It cruises at 30 MPH in 6th but going much faster brings along the PV and it just wants to scream. LOL Norman! WR my arse!

Thanks to everyone for the advice, the woods just got a lot better on this bike! I still have to find a titled frame to really be able to use it as intended, gotta be patient, very hard to find them I guess?
  7. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Put a trials tire on it- pretty much cuts the wheelspin except in pure mud.
  8. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've weighed the options, for the multi use this bike sees as a spare the knobs win out. If it was a dedicated single track only bike it would be a different story.