A really good review of the new TC449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Local dealer is in Cochrane just outside of Calgary.
  2. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Jaro51,
    I can see you are one who can be easily influenced by an article or test that you read. I,m not saying there is anything wrong with that because we all can be swayed one way or another on a good or a poor report. As I see it you can save a little $ and buy that Yam, but you can spend a little more get a far better product in a Husky that has been produced in the factory with a little more love than the Yam was, have ten people coming up to you in the pits at a race and asking you questions about your new mount, or be another boring Japanese bike owner where every tom, dick and harry already knows how the Yam handles and what kind of exhaust the blue machine has.

We could all jump on a motorcycle of any brand and find some great things about it. I must say they are ALL that good. But I have a thing for craftsmanship. For example, have you ever looked at a stock Ducati or a Bimota? Then look at stock Honda or a Yamaha of the same class of bike. Wow, I'd pay a little more $ and go for that Italian thinking and craftsmanship anyday. There you go, just my 2 cents on Husky vs others.

I think Husky could have a good marketing slogan as "just a little different". Cuz we all know we are just that.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    All my KTM riding buddies already call me a little different :D The ATK's add fuel to that fire.
  4. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Bought the Yamaha.

Saved better part of $2k and got a proven bike. I wanted the Husky bad and will likely get one of these new TC449's in the future but for my needs this year, the YZ is the best fit. You make some very good points about uniqueness and quality components. Akro Ti pipe from the factory is mint to say the least! However, the Husky has been lacking in the build quality department in years past (I own 2 right now BTW), and the Japanese are masters of this.

I love my Husky's and I'm sure I'll love the Yam. For me a bike is a means to end. I have no loyalty to a brand and I prefer to have the best tool for the job. I ride MX 1-2 days a week and the Canadian "factory supported" Yamaha team is across the street from the track and I know some people there so I have an incredibly deep resource for set up, tuning and endless supply of parts at my disposal.

My husky dealer is 1,500 miles away... I'm generally the only rider at the track on a Husky so yeah, it's great from the unique standpoint, but getting help to set the bike up to perform to it's capability is very difficult. If your goal is to drop your lap times and win races, unique doesn't help, it hinders. Bummer but it's the reality.

Here's to hoping I get to run some laps with Marty "The Party" this year. He'll be on a new TC449 from the sounds of it so that will be a good indicator of whether or not the YZ will make me a faster rider than my old TC250. If I can keep up with him on the MX track this year, the YZ will clearly have improved my times by 2-3 sec a lap.
  5. rc51owner Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you are in Calgary then your nearest Husky dealer is now only 40 kilometers - there is one in Cochrane. They opened up as Husky dealer this April.

Regards,

M
  6. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rumors had it that the Italian workers threw the prototypes in the Lake, that's not Love, that is passion.... Life is short, ride what you want, just ride.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    masters? ... Masters? .. lol ... Like being a slave? Or do U even realize that what ever your masters pump, you eat and say it its great ... Work hard ...maybe even get 3-4 secs 'oof' to pump ur masters up ... ?

Here is some master work ...re-pack No-Toil with the yama-hammer name, but some masters' magic words on the label, and sell it to UR subjects ... I like the way No Toil guys must have played hard-ball with the masters and had them put the 'true' owner's name of the product on the front of the bottle...

Attached Files:

8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    George was relating a story from years ago when ATK was big. They had a shoot-out and the bikes were weighed and ridden and compared etc. The ATK had a fake tank that held about a pint of gas and only had 1st gear in the tranny..... This was the bike that was weighed, they had another for riding in the test. George offered the ATK guy $5k for the stocker the guy claimed it to be and he refused, saying "no, this bike is all beat up and used"....Still, the Husky turned out to be the only bike that could climb a hill the riders tried and they were pretty high on it in the long run, even the riders that were actually "factory" guys.

With this Husky center in Corona, George is hoping the test bikes will be better prepared and not so "stock" that they suffer in comparison.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is something someone made up, or if you or anyone else has information to the contrary, please send it my way.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If you do have inside information on this felony(?), do the right thing, bring it to the attention of the proper authorities (Coffee 4 1 ) or even turn URself in .... You will feel good about it later ;0)
  11. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello Guys

I had a wonderful day with a TE449 in the snow . TE 449 setting a new standard when it comes to traction. And chassie. The engine have fantastic torque. :thumbsup:

Klas:)
  13. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great news -- Can't wait for the news to start trickling in. :cheers:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I can't wait for the 449 to trickle into my garage!!! WTF, get me one already geeeeez. hey Husky, us customers in the USA might like a new bike too please. Fark man, what gives with this not getting bikes!!!
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is not good, but U gonna wonder what is the hold up in production? Not enough labor? Not enough parts? Are there thousands and thousands being sold in EU? Is someone on strike? Are the parts being hand made?
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My impression is that the US will always be the last to get these bikes. I think apples to apples we pay less than anyone else. I also imagine getting them released once they do get into port here is probably lengthy. The US isn't the be all and end all of markets anymore. We are a mere 5 trillion in debt from being what we used to be.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep....maybe it is a PIA to import bikes here ... Don't really see why it should be a pain because we don't really make bikes here and if none are imported, we don't ride ... unless someone (GOV) is just an ahole(?) (totally possible) tying up the bikes ... bmw has been going this quite a while and U would expect them to know the process ... don't know what you guys put down on these bikes, but when money hits the table ... I'd expect results in a timely manner...

These are EU bikes and EU 'country-to-country' is really no different than usa state-to-state so it is probably much easier shipping over there ... they might even like bike riders over there ...

I'd like to see the number of bikes sold to each country to date and over a period of ~years ....
  18. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I bet it is a combo of everything you mentioned, Ray. Frustrating for folks who have put down money but still typical of the Husky brand it would appear.
  19. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Expensive ad space!