1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st About the Mikuni/Keihin swap:

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I received my PWK at lunch hour today...took 15 min to install

used the curved guide off the top of the TMX...works like a charm...2mm throttle play

also just for sake of information....Keihin main and pilot jets for the FCR are the same as the PWK :cool:

many thanks Kelly at Motorsportz
  2. nimiz1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

you can use the KTM cable , they use the keihin pwk in all the bikes.
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So How's it run ? Let us Know :)
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put my PWK on my 08 CR125 and took it for a quick spin around the back 0.40. I'm running a 180 main, blue JD 4th from the top. A nice boost in low-end response and a good, steady idle. I need to take it someplace where I can get it on the main jet, but it's great so far. Thanks, Kelly!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No problem, thank you. You might be a little rich on the main but try it. If it tries to clean out but stumbles some go leaner. 175-178 worked well for me at 45-65 temps and 50-2500 feet elevation.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 175 main is perfect in my 144 up to 6500' which is the deep white stuff line. I can't imagine taking my pwk off again. It just works flawlessly as all my other pwk's have.

Walt
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    theres going to be lots of Mikunis up for sale soon :D
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I now have three mikuni's that I am willing to part with for the price of scrap. :lol::cry:

Walt
  9. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I figured it out the next morning

Thanks for the correct answer... it was late and I was tired-the next morning I swapped the shorter cable tube off the Mikuni for the longer curved one off the PWK. They just unscrew and have a locking nut to keep them secure.

I went riding yesterday and it ran great, no hiccups and it was very hot-near 90 degrees. It seems like I lost some top end (don't care) but I was amazed at how well this 125 lugs. Going riding the rest of the week and temps are back down in the 70's so we will see how it does...
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I got out for a bit yesterday for a little Keihin tinkering on the 300.

I think I got it about perfect. 175mj, 45pj, N3EJ needle #2 clip.
    Absolutely, positively freaking rips. That EJ needle and 175mj were major improvements. The bike is beyond crisp and responsive now. And I may have to retract my statements about the PC pipe being 'soft' cause it has monster power now. It just doesn't like to be jetted fat.

I'll probably end up with a 175/42/N3EJ #2 combo once summer hits riding between 800' - 2000'.

That damn throttle cable is killing me though. I have about 3/8" of throttle play before the slide begins to open. I was able to temporarily zip tie it up and get the slack out, but its only a temp fix as the slack eventually returned. When that cable is tight and jetting crisp the motor SINGS!

Gonna bring the stock pipe and silencer next ride and do some comparisons.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We should hook up again for a ride and you can try the JD needle and see what you think. :thumbsup:
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Play with your main some, I did not notice any loss in top end, actually felt like it might have gained a little but that might because it runs better down low and gets there quicker. Did you move the adjustment bolt on the PV to the top or near the top?
  13. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Don't forget to add your jetting specs and results to our database thread. Your info will be helpful to me as the temperature warms up where I live.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9400
  14. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

HI all, i just finish to install a brand new Keihin PWK AS 38mm on my WR300 2010. 1st, there is a big difference in the lenght of the carb and the Keihin is a real pain to install but when it is in place, it fit perfectly.

My jetting is 178 main, 48 pilot, Needle 48ddj in 3rd (middle).
    My bike wont start...
    I live in Quebec, Canada. Outside is about 50-60f today.

What do you think, can i go to a 42 pilot .
    When the kid go on the bed, i will try to start it with the air screw allway in to see if the main and needle are ok but for that i need to start the bike !!!:banghead:

*** Before my bike run like a champ with the Mikuni, i just want to see the difference...:banghead:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You did turn the gas on right? Should start just fine with what is in it. :excuseme:
  16. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    hrc630,

Make sure you have the idle screw turned in properly on the new carb. When I first installed my PWK, my bike would not start and it left me scratching my head. Even bump starting could not turn the bike over. Then, I turned in the idle screw several turns. Presto... my bike started right up and idled fine. :thumbsup:
  17. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, the gas is at on:doh:
    In a few minute when the kid sleep, i will go to the garage and play with the air screw, i dont have check it.
  18. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I would imagine you'll be jetted pretty rich with those jets. I rode around the 2000' level yesterday, temps in the 50's and found the 45/175 combo with the needle in the #2 clip about perfect. A little fat on the pilot, but could have been tuned with the air screw.

And you're right... trying to squeeze the Keihin in there is a hassle. That shock spring is right in the way!
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

PC,

If you would join the 125 crowd you would learn to love all the room to work on these kind of things. :lol:

Walt
  20. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have try to play with the air screw (now set at 1 1/2) and thats dosent work.
    The bike is impossible to start. If i put the fuel to off on the tank + remove the plug and kick a few time without the plug to clean the cylinder and retry, the bike run for 1 seconde and die immediately.

Tomorrow i will put a 42 pilot and retry, but i dont think this will work...
    What do you think is the problem ??? Is it possible that the idle screw is completly off ??? How many turn do you have on the idle screw.