1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st AC to DC for $9. It works!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Al H, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Glad I have waited on this one. Great explanatory posts
    Al H likes this.
  2. spoonshark Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 2004
    Eaglefreek another member on here by the name of kzoo had issues with ignition at higher rpm when the earth was connected and that it was resolved by wiring it the same way I did. They are separate coils on my bike though so I would think the lighting coil would have nothing to do with the ignition.
  3. Al H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS 2001, KTM620
    M
    More the merrier mate. :thumbsup:
  4. Al H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS 2001, KTM620
    When looking online for connection/wiring dia's on these rec/reg's it looks to be correct but unusual that I'm getting the higher voltages unless there is an issue with the rec/reg. They are only a cheap Chinese unit of the pit bikes etc. The voltage was stable prior to the stator mod though. I checked the LED headlight globe on a 12V battery and seems to be working ok. Surprising enough the first/cheap LED headlight globe is brighter than the latter one unless it has been damaged.

Unless Spoonshark can point out anything out of place with my wiring, I'll try another rec/reg.
  5. Al H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS 2001, KTM620
    Guys, sorry for the back and forth with the posting but our accounts haven't been fully approved as yet so that's why posts are all over the place.

Spoonshark, you won't have an edit feature till your account has been fully approved! :excuseme:

I'll try a new/different rec/reg and yes my meter is just a cheapie but it did read correct prior to the mod on the earth.
  6. spoonshark Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 2004
    The only thing I can think of is polarity like I said. But that 30V AC sounds a bit suss. I was looking at my service manual and it says my stator outputs 110W. I wonder whether the pit pike Reg can handle that. I have no idea what mine can handle. Its a Chinese unit too but for a honda sports bike. I was looking on the trailtech website and theirs do 150W also they even mentioned you need a floating earth stator.
  7. Al H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS 2001, KTM620
    Yeah I have since wondered if the $9 unit has the capacity to now carry the extra. I'll search and purchase a better unit and give that a try. It can't be anything too major a problem.

Specs aren't avail for these units online but I ordered one from a larger capacity bike etc and see how that goes.
  8. Al H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS 2001, KTM620
    I have a new/different rec/reg here I'll try but I don't now when I'll get a chance as I'm off camping at the end of the week. Maybe I might be able to sneak it in before I go. Also I will try a different wiring setup as online suggests different diagrams for these. :excuseme: I'll study them and see if I can find any reason good or bad for the differences.

Al.