Actual news of KTM-Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by flyingbob, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not sure I follow you or misunderstood what you are saying as the moto3 bike was already there with KTM and much like the off road bikes added husky stickers / color.

[IMG]

"Nothing exactly new on the Moto3 battlefield, except for several better-quality photos of the KTMHusqvarna motorcycle for the 2014 season.

Just like everybody expected, the so-called Husky is in fact a rebadged KTM, with some minor differences and most of them in the visual area.

The power unit remains the M32 KTM Racing one, and it now breathes out through FMF exhausts, instead of the traditional Akrapovic silencers.

On the aesthetic side, the orange frame is now painted grey and the Oz rims are neon yellow. We can still spot a Motorex decal on the bike, even though Ajo Aki's team is said to partner with Bel Ray for lubricants.

While things are rather clear this year, it will be interesting to see an actual Husqvarna Moto3 machine next year. "

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/high-res-photos-of-the-2014-husqvarna-moto3-bike-75775.html

[IMG]
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think he means its still coming from Husky's budget. The bike may be rebadged but the operating costs could have gone elsewhere.
    guscycle likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They bought it, it is theirs to do with what they like. Thats the reality of it all.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Oh I agree. I really wonder what the overall vision is. It seems with this route me may see a full street line like KTM. With the motors I think this is good for development. Who knows what they've used from this that directly effects their designs.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Making piles of $$$
    john01 and rasputin like this.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Well that's my vision to but that isn't going to happen unless I do something different :)
    john01 likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

maybe you need the indians to buy 49% of you out :D
  8. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    No doubting that. And, that's the way I feel about my business. But, I'll be the last guy to send someone down the road who has busted his chops for me with a phone call and a wish you well line of crap.
    JonXX and Motosportz like this.
  9. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    For the KTM people who think it's nice to have a new color to choose from, everything is great in consumerland, but regrettably I think the Husaberg colors looked better, so that's a loss.

To all those at H that busted their a$$ coming up with good designs on a minimal budget drained by the street side for so many years and also doing quite well despite being forced to deal with the G450X, and CH Racing for scouting and grooming talent and producing championships and wanting to work with the new owners: to tell them all they want nothing to do with them and slamming the door in their face; that's insulting and disrespectful.

I bet SP has had a hard time during all those years trying to push a pretty weak brand from bankrupcy, and to finally get the big H for free that Steve McQueen and Bruce Brown made immortal, must be fulfilling.

Still, just putting an H on a KTM is a fraud, and I think that fact will be hard to get around. If I invest a lot of time and effort in something I want a strong foundation and will not invest in anything based on a fraud.
    4eyes, huskyduck, guscycle and 3 others like this.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I agree about what all the good Cagiva Husky and CH racing did, but Cagiva was not always pure in motive... They moved production from Sweden, rebadged Cagiva 2T bikes as Huskys in the beginning and misused the USA dealer network. They did some hard and nasty business back then.
    huskyduck likes this.
  11. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    So, what's the official news, again?

I don't see the point of threads like these. The intent is to cast the new machines or the company behind them in a poor light in effort to sway existing enthusiasts away from them. Surely that is more malicious than a business staffing decision? Surely there have been enough of these threads? Surely we owe more respect to the owner of this website?

Stop the madness.
    BILLF, JonXX, Radar and 4 others like this.
  12. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Plus 1
    BILLF likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Its a forum where people post stuff about huskys. His title is not misleading, his friend got fired by KTM and thats his actual (not official) news. Like the thread or not I don't see how this is not OK for him to post it. What limits are we suggesting of who can post what? I dont need to agree or disagree and we are more than welcome as individuals to partake or ignore them. People vented about parts availability and quality control when Cagiva had it and also personnel issues, importer issues etc. People vented when BMW took over and many are still hateful about that and the changes now were are in episode 3 (or four of you want to go clear back to the Swedish days). I lean towards less censorship and more choosing which threads you care to look at and which ones you don't. Just my random thoughts.
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I think the title is misleading because it plays off the earlier long running thread with a similar name.
    To not be misleading it needs to be more specific....such as KTM removing/replacing Dealer Development Reps?

The innuendo used due to not wanting to disclose exactly who is being talked about is also poor form in my book.
    If you shouldn't or cant be giving the actual facts, then it tends to be even worse to leave everyone to their own interpretation.

In the end this led to various commentaries about everything from the Big Bang Theory to Marxism without improving the quality of the 'actual news'.

I agree with Marc; where is more venting going to get us or anyone else either today or in the future when they wander into this post.

When we can say with validation of information that both US Dealer Developers have been let go and replaced by flying monkeys or KTM hacks or Meo or Filipino computer programmers working for Ray-Ray or Dungey because hes a has been, etc., then we will have actual news to back up the original post title.
    huskyduck, JonXX and MotoMarc36 like this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds good, good points. Whatever works. Also we need to be prepared because I think there is going to be a lot of fall out and dealer issues due to all this. The Trooper Lu thread is already pointing this out. Where do we draw the line yet still allow information flow?
  16. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    The title is as specific as I intended. News of the company's actions. If I do it again, maybe I'll put reference #2. I posted it and it's fact, believe it or don't. Read it or don't. I disagree with you on the venting issues profoundly. It's going to get them to understand at least one person, and others who agree, give a damn about people and the 'it's only business' thinkers, might then consider their actions. Your comment lends, at least to me, that we should submit to the higher power of the larger (fill in the blank). And for the record, again, To ye wonderful corporate capitalists. I love everything about your being free to do business as you please. I think your methods in this instance are loathsome. But, I respect your ability to be just that.

I think your last sentence is a bit sophomoric, but what the heck?
  17. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

I expect(ed) little more than a white Moto3 KTM racer for the 'Husky'. And, it probably is just that. But, I see 3 different frames. Of course, the KTM at the top, could just be last years.

But, if you click onto the link, you will see 2 different trellis frames in white in the article relating to this Moto 3 Husky - re the above full bike pic of the "Husky" - which, of course, is very different to the KTM above it here - and then the 2 close up, fairing off pictures.

Now, I'm a frame maker / fabricator, so I tend to spot even the tiniest of differences in frame design, but even the dullest bloke will see the very obvious differences in the triangulation / trellis tubes etc, between all 3 types. Interesting. Possibly just 2 (shown) different development frames, leading into the '14 season, and we'll just see the same frames, on the KTM and Huskies, with different coats of paint, or, a variety of frames.

Of course, there has been the Alloy, twin spar Kalex framed Moto 3 KTM chassis bikes, since the start of Moto 3.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I just grabbed some pix of the internet to show the vast similarities. Race bikes are of course always evolving and I have no idea what generation each bike is. I have to assume they did not redesign the bike / frame just so they could slap husky colors and logo on it. Was for quick reference only showing the obvious bloodline not microscope evaluation. It was obvious to me the wheels are different, the brakes, the pipe, the fenders, the frame, etc, but was also obvious these bikes are the same family. Race bikes can vary from day to day let alone months and years of development.

Not sure why you are being so rude? here does this make you more happy? These KTM Moto3 bikes not only share the frame but the front brake and wheels. Looks almost identical to the "husky" IMHO even to this dullest bloke.

[IMG]
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes I just quoted myself. :D Unfortunately I am already getting ugly stories behind the scenes. I'm not going to feed the rumor wheel but I think some stuff will surface publicly, prepare yourself.
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah no sense in saying all that here. PM me ;)