Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Latest rumblings are... MV will be getting everthing back except the BMW powered bikes and the "Husqvarna" trademark. For those who missed it the first time around.... we may be entering the second age of the Cagiva dirt bike!
  2. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    That would not be such a bad thing in my opinion. I'm still riding my 04 model and loving it.
  3. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Norm -- Does that mean the x-lite and the 2 strokes?
  4. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    That would be so awesome !!!

Still riding 2-93's & 2-00's along with an 06,09, & 12.
    The Italians have kept me plenty happy for a loooong time, and I'd spend my money with MV over whatever KTM comes up with for sure.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what seems to be implied.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Can you explain this Cagiva angle in a little more detail?
    Coffee likes this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva re-branded itself after its premier marque MV Agusta a few years ago and the Cagiva bike brand was left to languish, as they lavished resources on the high end MV sport bikes. Part of it was lack of a power plants after the sale of Ducati, although there was a period of Suzuki engines in Cagivas, but Suzuki wouldn't allow them to be sold in certain markets. With the sale of Husky, MV is like I said in my other post about Husky... "Wrong sized" alone. Too big to be Bimota and too small to be Ducati. This is a chance to get MV back to a better size and get back into the medium/lower end of the market.

Cagiva street and dirt bikes again..... Non-BMW powered Huskys back, badged as Cagivas. Maybe the 630 back in production. Cagiva street bikes with Husky derived powerplants.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Let me re-word this slightly.

How does whatever this Cagiva new development is, have to do with where/who I buy parts from, and get support for, my 2006 TE250 & TR650 Terra? Also the 449 & 511, and x-lite bikes...
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This road just got slippery ... Maybe even icy ...
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Part of the agreement between MV Augusta and the new Husqvarna, is that MV will supply parts to new Husqvarna for the support of present and past(usually 10 years) bikes. You'll be going to Husky dealers for parts and support it would seem.

I have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter; that even though it has not been built as a Dodge since 2009, when Daimler sold Chrysler.... it's still supported by Dodge Sprinter dealers.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would have thought you'd be happy.... If you don't want a KTM/Husaberg badged as a Husky, I'd think a real Husky badged as a Cagiva would be better.
    huskyduck and panhandlebars like this.
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Those 2 statements do not add up. What about the tr650, 449, 511 which are bmw engines?
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If CaptNemo is correct then the Cagiva branded dirt and street bikes should be a hit and make money. I for one hope that is true. I imagine there would be many current Husky dealers that would sign up to offer the brand. Cagiva could then introduce the new big bore 2T's and 4T's that Husky Italy had developed. Maybe even the Cagiva 165 can live on. :D
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW has stated in a press release, that BMW will cease to supply engines to Husqvarna for motorcycle production. Stephan Pierer AG/Husqvarna no longer has these access to these engines, so they can't sell them to MV. I'm sure that SPAG/Husqvarna has to have an agreement with BMW to provide them with parts for BMW derived engines. BMW is not going to sell Husky or MV engines, so neither company can build the bikes you're concerned about. Husky must support those bikes for 10 years in the US. Any clearer? It would be way more difficult, if Stephan Pierer AG liquidated Husqvarna Italy....
  15. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    I know when Cagiva bought Husqvarna they did not do ten years of support by 92 I could hardly find any parts for my 87 430 CR. Heck it was hard to get parts for 94 360 WXC in 99 like plastic and things like that. Is this 10 year support a new thing?

The biggest thing I worry about is dealers when Cagiva bought Husqvarna back in 86 their where close to 20 dealers in Ohio. Then Cagiva brought on their dealer plan out and we lost about 15 dealers. We have just TWO in the whole state now. Where I live the last Husqvarna dealer went out in 87. There is a KTM dealer about 40 min away so I hope they carry Husqvarna I'm sure getting tired of driving over two hours to see new Husqvarna. Back in the late 80s in two hours time I could have went to five dealers.I just don't understand why Cagiva or BMW didn't push for more dealers in the mid west.When Husqvarna was Swedish they seemed to do fine with this. So if KTM buyout means more dealers then the 2 in Ohio and two in Michigan I'm all for it! I don't care if there made in Austria. Let's face it the "real" last Husqvarna was the 610 it had Swedish DNA. The Cagiva Husqvarna the 2 stokes are all based off the old WMX Cagiva. I have a 91 WXE and it has Cagiva stamped all over it. So if KTM puts the gun site logo on their bikes and call them Husqvarna it sure won't be the first time in Husqvarna history.
    fran...k. likes this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    One thing that happened with Cagiva distributing Husky in the US, was they stopped a few times.... '89 and '97, so "New Distributor" didn't follow through. It didn't help that Husky US employees sabotaged the parts inventory, before turning them over to Cagiva.

A couple of years ago, I got top out spacers for 40 mm Husky forks from Hall's in a plastic sleeve, with a MV Agusta label with the Swedish Husky part number.....
  17. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    How about moto morini? I have bought a bunch of parts in various types of packaging with moto morini among the names. I think that stayed after at least one ceased. I know one guy who likes those 350 v twins not sure how old they are by now.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Alright what is going on :confused:. I don't drink but did hit my head real hard a while back can somebody tell me whats going on please? We will be able to get new Huskys that are really KTM's or we can buy new Cagiva bikes that are really Huskys? A little help please.....
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Depends on what you think a "Husky" is.....
    HuskyDude and ray_ray like this.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like the CR165 and TC 250 I have now. You know the toughest best handling bikes made. I just can't get along with the KTM ergos.
    water racer likes this.