Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If we have white smoke out of the factory then we will have Husky Huskys...if it is black smoke then they will be KTM Huskies?

(probably at risk of going to hell with this one)
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Paul,
    Does the Weather, Game Commission and the Oil and Gas interests have you in a funk? It will never be the "Golden Age" again, but there's still riding to be done and bikes to be bought! I think Stephan Pierer and KTM are more able to address these issues than we know. KTM really did buy Husky, not just some passionate CEO for lark. As for what happens with Cagiva.... that's been a 35 year drama, with some great action!
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good Catholic boy that you are.........
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You are missing the global view of this business ... You may be right on the bike stuff for the USA , but here and in these developing markets, they have barely scratched the motorcycle market ... And the bike is not a luxury item in these places many times ... They are taxis and carry goods and move people around ... Workhorses for the people ... They are liked and given the parking places at the front of stores ... The entire Philippines except for the larger cites is open for dirt bike riding ... I bet India and China are the same ...

See the pic below... If a politician wants votes here, he puts on a MX race for his area ... The mayor of Cebu City is showing up at the small MX races in the mountains for votes ... Dirt bikes and motorcycles in general are a very big deal across these countries SP \ Bajaj are looking at ...

Selling to the states maybe not even be a priority or even needed with all the other places that small inexpensive bikes can be sold by the millions (?) over the next few decades ... Not sure what the future is for the states and bikes ...

Attached Files:

5. PJW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gee Norm,
    You know as well as I do the weather right now is enough to have you in a funk, perhaps that is it. I am optimistic about the brands future, hopeful perhaps, but realistcally I don't know.......
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norm,

I kind of wondered if SP would just allow MV to start producing competitive to KTM bikes out of those factories. Bring on the official word Dammit.
  7. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    There won't be any "official" statements posted by SP until April 1st. Then, we will continue to debate if the news is an April Fools joke or something creditable. :)
    4eyes likes this.
  8. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Old & New Business news... buy a company for its Patients' Rights :eek:
  9. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    Another confused Dutch Translation.
    [IMG]
    New KTM Husqvarna director gives direction

Data
    Monday, March 25, 2013
    With the appointment of Werner Kohlhuber as Managing Director of Husqvarna, plus the promise that the Strada 650 and Nuda 900 in production, sales and service as usual will go, makes the new owner Stefan Pierer (CEO KTM) the preliminary work towards following the acquisition announced . Simultaneously, it stated that "offroad" the foundation of the brand will continue.
    The new director Kohlhuber previously worked for KTM, but also sits on the boards of private enterprise Pierer's Cross Industries. An internal report says the new manager of the BMW recently acquired Italian company, absolute confidence in the existing dealer network and that the coming period will be mainly focused on the trust of customers in Husqvarna. Therefore let the company know that until after the statutory period of 10 years service and parts will grant already sold or still sell motorcycles of the former Swedish brand. Soon also the 110 anniversary of the brand will be celebrated, this will continue to be communicated in April.
    [IMG]
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Change 2000 with an upside and the new director is from SP CI board? And he worked at ktm? Cozy but what else would you expect?
  11. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    I agree with ray_ray, strictly dirt-bike sales may be down in the U.S. (public land closings are a big cause), but world-wide there is a need for a go-anywhere motorized conveyance that gets 50+mpg. Even in the U.S. the dual-sport/adventure bike segment is the only motorcycle category with sales growing in this economy.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Weather permitting, the states could go with the small bikes to a high extent in alot of places instead of a car always ... But you gotta treat the bikers cool or it just ain't no fun ...
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    This begs the question, where in the Husqvarna/KTM stable is the CRF230, simple-as-a-brick, equivalent? Closest thing I can think of is all those 'legacy' 2 strokes which both companies are still making. So modern EFI 4 strokes for the developed world and 2 strokes with lights for the developing world....it could work.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    One good way of getting the customers trust is to have actual press releases - which are worded in an unambiguous way, regardless of what language they are translated to.

Instead of several interviews which are made public, where the information being discussed does not seem to add up.
    huskyduck, Huskinator, 4eyes and 3 others like this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have this sinking feeling Husky is going to be the cheap entry level large selling commuter brand. Hope this is not true because this Brand deserves more but what else would it be for? KTM is already a premium brand with lots of offerings and displacements. Then you have Berg with its up scale from their offerings which cost more than KTM's. So whats left? Might just be the 200 Duke, current husky Tre125 4 stroke and the minis will be the low priced offerings and carry the husky name. Why would they want to make one more brand to compete with the two brands they already have? I don't see how it would make sense any other way. Or maybe he just spins it right back to MV? Who knows but I have this sinking feeling it might not be all rosy. Time will tell. I bet there is a lot info left out of these press releases which seem to conflict a lot. I really like the brand and would love to see it be all it can be but think it might not. Interesting times.

This is where husky could be headed...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Red with Husqvarna on the side...

[IMG]

Time will tell.
  16. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

Go out of town for a few days, and look what happens! First, a big "thank you" goes to Norm for ferreting this business with Gagiva out.

A lot of this doesn't make sense at first glance. If Perirer bought out a competitor in Husky, why would he turn around and forge a new one in Cagiva? The smart move would be to do what KTM did with Husaberg, just pay lip service to maintaining the brand and then let it die on the vine. I suspect that whatever went to Cagiva went with a lot of conditions attached. I could be wrong, but I smell poo.
  17. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    My crystal ball says there will be a new Husky 450cc motocrosser on show at EIMCA in Milan November this year.

That's competition for KTM, but more so for Kawasaki, Suzuki & Yamaha.
    Desertyucca likes this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They should just ditch KTM and Berg, sink EVERYTHING into husky and make them the most amazing motorcycles ever conceived. :cool:
    Blair7, 4eyes, hahmule and 9 others like this.
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kelley I look at it this way, if I owned and built Ford, GM, and Dodge trucks I wouldn't care which one you bought as long as it wasn't a Nissan or Toyota :D. I'm still hoping for the best with with the new Huskys with an eye on the new Sherco's just incase.
    Motosportz likes this.
  20. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    At this point in time i don't really care about SP's acquisition of Husqvarna because i bought this yesterday!!

husqvarna-racing-kits-available-for-a-plethora-of-bikes-photo-gallery_4.jpg

So for me it's business as usual!! :thumbsup::applause:
    MikeB, Blazes, TROFFER88 and 10 others like this.