Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Flat sexy and amazing handling :thumbsup:
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250

Maybe but 125 4t rule now for small bikes and will be hard to remove as it appears to be the perfect size ... but of course a 4t rules since honda pretty much owns the market (at least here) and any clones are made in their image (for easy access to parts if no other reason) ...

At least one of us has his head on straight ...

Note: I can't see killing this line of bikes off ...
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

310huskyTE congrats. That is a sweet looking bike for sure and I agree with Ray; I can't see them killing off these bikes.
  4. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    Thanks John, after riding the bike all night in my dreams SP would be nuts to kill off such a great handling bike!!:D
    I pick it up thursday next week and i'm sure the reality of riding it will match my dreams!

These threads are great and the chat is fantastic, but at the moment it's nearly all speculation. Guess what! i went to my dealer yesterday, bought the bike i wanted got some parts that i needed and the customer service was great, so the sky hasn't fallen in and nothing has changed. Sure things will be different in the future but only a handfull of people know what direction Husqvarna is headed and almost all of us here are in the dark about whats going to happen.
    My dealer only yesterday received a confirmation email from Husky Australia about what's going on, and he told me that no models will be dropped and that the Nuda is staying:excuseme:
    So untill a lot of water passes under the bridge and we know exactly what's going on with Husqvarna, which could be a couple of years, i will keep on riding my Huskys and buying parts from my local dealer, i will keep riding and racing the brand that i love.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Ok... I just needed to delete another post. Please keep comments in good (or at least reasonable) taste...
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Husqvarna has now shut down all of it's lines and is not currently manufacturing any of their current models, 2t and 4t's included.

It is my speculation that Husaberg models will now carry the Husqvarna name. With that said, Husqvarna will not be a cheap commuter line, but the state of the art front line of products we all know and love. I am sure that the current flow of replacement parts will continue undisturbed. Ziptyracing will of course continue to support all models as we have in the past and have begun retooling for the new lines.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Under that scenario, if you make KTM stuff then a little red anodizing and voila....Husky products :)
    (I will confess, Ive never looked beyond the Husqvarna section of the Zip-Ty website, but did notice links to other brands)
    Tinken likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So spendy KTM's. Good and bad I guess. I like this better than my commuter bike thoughts but still sounds like expensive red KTM's in the end. Could be worse I guess.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Maybe, but you know they will add some exotic Italian spin on them. Might see some nice changes when they have a full working budget this time.
  10. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    I like this thread, it's mostly about possible future out ones for our beloved brand, good or bad. I especially liked the corporate history lesson as Husky has changed hands SO many times.
    It would sure be good if PR reps for KTM/ Husqvarna had a link to this as some speculation seems far fetched and conspiracy related lol.
    Thanks Dean for moderating this thread and keeping the bashing to a minimum. Lets save the bashing if and when KTM/ Bajaj kill off husky.
    4eyes, panhandlebars and oregonsage like this.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Of course one reason many of us are here is because we appreciate the civility, which has been a bit more strained of late.

Thanks for not letting the "Lord of the Flies" model set in Dean.
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've been doing this for a while, and can assure everyone this thread and other threads are being viewed by the appropriate people.

On what could be a related topic, does anyone know what a trial ballon is?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_balloon
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    market research. in laymans terms
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ya mean like have someone with insider connections throw a plan out there to see how people react ;)

Our sample pool is small, but if you know the profiles of the 'reactors' then you could learn something.

Personally I have a bad attitude about disrupting the market for recent used models and bikes sitting in showrooms and warehouses. This is separate from any factors about the desirability of new offerings.

Its about the people....Italians, distributors, dealers, current owners and riders...
    wallybean and Motosportz like this.
  15. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    I think that when the smoke clears Husqvarna will have spendy race bikes as well as inexpensive [not cheap] commuter bikes. The 200 and 390 Dukes are not cutting edge but they are modern well engineered bikes and are built with good components. Husky will build naked,adventure and 50/50 DS bikes in all sizes based these Bajaj built engines.Affordable, low maintenance and a high performance to cost ratio. They will beat the Japanese here because for the most part they are sitting on their collective butts or offering timid bikes like the CRF250L. These will be sold world wide in large numbers and will provide the cash flow to maintain cutting the edge R&D for race bikes and plated enduros.
    Husaberg sales could not support separate engine development. Husa and Husky sales combined, triples the numbers to support separate R&D. I believe it is possible Husky's can in the future be quite different from KTM's
    4eyes and john01 like this.
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like how you think Howard and hope you are right. Not many if any on here want a red KTM. I also think one from the Husky/KTM/Husaberg group should put out a 125 and 230/250 play bike that would/could compete with the Honda/Yamaha 230/250 and Yamaha TTR 125's. I see tons of those bikes.
  17. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    So does that mean it's bye bye Husaberg? I'm glad i bought my red head x light when i did!
  18. PDL Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf 450X, Ktm 625 SXC....
    Nothing new to add other than I have been following the Husky story since the news broke. I was all set to buy the TE 310 then the TR650. I've really had trouble deciding which I want more. My thought is that I will buy one now and the other one next year depending on which one is available (next year.) I wish they would give some clue as to whats staying and/or going. I've rode Jap bikes for the last several years avoiding the KTM price (i do own one) and have been happy. But the TE310 is one sweet bike!! Please Husky, let me know you're keeping both the 310 and the 650's!!
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My local Yamaha dealer had a pretty 2013 YZ250 on the floor for $7200 before the other added costs. That bike hasn't changed since 2006. So I would expect a "New" Huskyberg 250 to be $7800 before the added costs so it can compete but be a step above the YZ. Guess what that brings all the other brands of 2T's into the same price range...Beta, Gas Gas, TM, and probably Sherco. If it is just a re-badged and spiffied KTM then I can't imagine buying it. That's the bottom line, where you plop your hard earned cash.
  20. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    So long as they sack the guy who puts close ratio gear boxes into everything I'm in. ;)

I'd quite like to see the option of a blue and yeller Husky again too. :p
    Indorider, 4eyes, Lonfish and 3 others like this.