Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

2nd largest in terms of bike sales would be beta motor.

according to today's "motorrad" (german magazine), with last year's record results the ktm total debt dropped to 99.3 million euro

r
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff :thumbsup:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Republic of Ireland uses the Euro and Northern Irland uses the British Pound.
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    bring back Simson (remember them, fell behind the iron curtain).....cmon DKW the other 3 letter German marque,,,,,, and shoot MZ (2 stroke innovators/pioneers) is in biz and needs a boost!! Deutschland uber alles!!!

http://www.simson.de/

http://www.muz.de/

http://www.dkw-motorraeder.de/tiki-index.php
    part of the Auto Union (evolved into Audi)

these brands could garner the German Dirt bike rebirth market.

I dont know why I posted this......
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

OK, UK or Lithuania :-)
  6. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

there's still a company named simson, but they aren't doing anything.
    mz was just recently destroyed again by some weird owners.
    and dkw... for many years i was hoping that audi would start a little actitivy there. after all, i am living right down the street from where they built motorcycles for many years. but now that they've gone bologna...

r
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The drama continues. If your a Husky guy. TRUE Husky guy and they end up putting red plastic on KTM;s and you buy one. In my opinion your a fool and a wannabe. We simply need to see where this goes. And I still have a sneaky suspension that the Italions will not just roll over and let this end. Yea the CH Husky race team with junk KTM engines. Whatever................................... ALL RUMORS !!!
    WVdag and street2dirt like this.
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Please watch your inputs and remember

"This especially means that if you are going to say something negative about a business or individual then you need to be clear, articulate, and have full disclosure. Threads and posts casting aspersions without those qualities are not allowed. If you have a complaint we need to know the facts in a clear and easy to follow format.

Casting vague aspersions about a business or a person is not High-Class."
    :cheers:
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I´ve been following this thread and it´s been getting longer and longer. The interviews with the new boss were interesting but there are still questions that haven´t been answered: KTM/Husaberg and now Husky are all in one hand. I definitely would like to know what the new owner has envisaged for the future of each individual company. Superficially, it looks like an off-road monopoly. But the off-road market is small and good off-road bikes can be made by really small companies, for which Husaberg and Husky provide ample proof.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Fletch - behave. Please.
    water racer likes this.
  11. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Freedom of speech, just watch what you say"
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Exactly (even though you meant it as a slam I am guessing)

This is a web forum not a country with a constitution. If we don't have rules to play by it becomes an internet train wreck like TT and no one will come here. Nothing wrong with good proven moderating like has been shown on this site. Also this is a site, owned by someone, paid for by someone and is regulated by that someone because it is theirs. There is no freedom of speech here as there is nothing free about operating a web forum. It is a biz, paid for and owned by someone who has every right to run it like they please. We are guests here and have rules to play by clearly written out and agreed to when we sign up. We can be banned or allowed and then moderated. You can choose to be here and play by the rules or not be here. Simple.
    Lonfish, 4eyes, bhab and 10 others like this.
  13. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    Memo from Husqvarna states continued production in Italy, no timeline offered. Dated Mar 22

da 900: production will continue

GALLERY
    PHOTOS
    The first official act of Pierer Industries, Husqvarna's new owner, is a circular which ensures that all models of the current will continue to be produced, Nude 900, 650 including Earth. Off road business initiatives for primary and 110 nanni
    30/03/2013
    Send email
    Print article
    [IMG]
    Download attachments:

Circular Husky 22 March 2013.jpg

It is now a bit 'that Husqvarna has changed hands , from the German and Austrian BMW of Pierer Industries Stefan Pierer (KTM boss, by the way). From the moment the supply is often fragmentary information have taken place and a bit 'contradictory on the future of the house of Cassinetta. Before Pierer himself has said, for example, that the Nuda 900 and the cross will no longer be produced ( click here ), just a few weeks after we published photos of the Nuda 900 Touring in an advanced state of development ( click here ). Then, the same Pierer said that Husqvarna has a complete range of off-road, to compete with the Japanese, but without cannibalizing KTM ( click here .) And then there is the issue of synergies with KTM and production of motion for the market Asia (with prestigious brand of the low cost of purchase and operation. Click here ) ... And in all this engages the uncertainty for those who work in Cassinetta, given that the first thought that comes to mind is "move the production in Austria, in India or somewhere ... ".
    CIRCULAR clarifying
    Instead, a few days there is a circular addressed to dealers that clarifies a lot of things. This is the first official act of the new property and the tone is generally positive. For the full text of the circular click here , go to the next page or open the attachment, now we mention the highlights.
    • "Following the information provided by Pierer Industries AG on Friday, March 15, Husqvarna Motorcycles Ltd. expressly confirms the ongoing production, sale and service of the entire range, including models recently introduced Land and Road 650 and the new Nuda 900 ABS . "
    • "In order to avoid any kind of items on the market after the change of ownership, we want to clearly point out that both now and in the future spare parts and after-sales Husqvarna is fully guaranteed (even over 10 years of legal obligation applies to every manufacturer). "
    • "The goal is to remain a premium brand on a global level, bearing in mind the great heritage and the strong tradition of the brand, the philosophy of sport."
    • "Since this anniversary (Husqvarna celebrates 110 years these days, ed) is a great opportunity for the promotion of sales of the current range, Husqvarna is pleased to announce the launch of an international campaign dedicated to the anniversary."
    • "The various segments Offroad - which have always been the core business to Husqvarna - will remain crucial and primary for the growth and future success"
    THE QUESTION BARE
    Ok, the Nuda 900 is still produced, but the Touring version that is the end? But most of all, how long Pierer accept to go to buy BMW engines to the Nuda 900 ( click here for our test )? Commercially and industrially speaking, is not that between KTM eBMW run all 'I'm good blood ...
    AND RALLY?
    The terrain will be crucial, so it is also assumed for the rally and the cross. But Pierer had said that the cross was a prerogative KTM, while the rally is not so long ago the news of the divorce between Speedbrain and BMW. Speedbrain has announced its intention to continue with the rally, presumably with the same bike and the same drivers, combination that has given good satisfaction ( click here for a cool video of the last Dakar seen by Husqvarna), but it could also be that the Austrians want to continue to use material from Germany.
    MORE ON CASSINETTA tell us, BITTE
    Finally: the statement is clearly intended to reassure dealers (apparently there are signs of leakage from Mark), but nothing is said in concrete terms, what is the future prospects for Cassinetta. Pierer said that at least for two years, Husky will mount motors Indians, this release also ensures that the current production (which takes place in Cassinetta) is confirmed, in order to remain a world-class brand (and certainly not relegated to emerging markets only). But surely the Austrians want to optimize resources, and any change will be definitely made. W e expect news, because so far, from this point of view, few information are passed, even the trade unions or local politicians know very ...
    All about:

Buy the book

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    huskyduck and Motosportz like this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very interesting, thanks.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks Howard V...
  16. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh let him vent...its probably cathartic.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  17. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Thanks for the new update Howard V. A little difficult to read from translation, but sounds promising.
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    So it sounds like they are going to continue building the current bikes until they sell enough bargain bikes to other countries? Did I read that right?
  19. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweden, Ireland,UK and Lithuania are all in the EU ! The Euro is nothing to do with EU membership.

Most Manufactured parts on a KTM / Husky (from the EU) would be from Euro using Countries hence its an advantage, not disadvantage to assemble in the Euro Zone. Labour rates do change (Germany / Austria are high).

The "Green" Issue is covered by the same laws EU wide, so not really a problem, (some do take more notice than others !).

India, China, Taiwain etc... is where the dollar is to be saved !
  20. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you Kelly you never disappoint and always bring a smile to my face.