Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have to agree on that point. Cagiva wasn't competing with itself. It wanted the Husqvarna name to help bolster sales for a brand that just wasn't very well known. I never owned a Swedish Husqvarna (although, I'd like to find an old CR125 right now), so the Italian version is the only one that I am familiar with, and I like their sometimes quaint ways with technology....or lack of it....or at least I like them well enough to put up with the areas they are lacking, so much so that I would buy an MV Agusta or Cagiva dirt bike if they chose to go on producing them. And I've said this somewhere else on the forum, that there isn't anybody out there that rides a KTM or a Husqvarna that wants to buy a red KTM with the Husqvarna name stamped on it.
    4eyes, guscycle and fletchman45 like this.
  2. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I'm not sure how many remember GM in the late 70's. I have always been and always will be a Ford guy, but after Hi School I worked at a GM Dealer, Pont-Buick-Olds-Caddy. Well it seems GM figured a v-8 was a v-8 was a v-8 & started grabbing whatever was available when the full-size sedans came down the line. You ended up with a Pontiac w/302 or an Olds w/305 or even a Caddy w/Buick motor in it. It didn't take long for the DieHard brand guys to become not too pleased with the whole situation. Many owners were even turning their cars in when they found out it had a different brand motor, saying "If I wanted a Chevy v-8 I would have bought a Chevy " Many were upset that it was something they had NO choice in, as if GM thought everything was the same. It did hurt their sales for a few years at this dealer.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I remember that engine swapping ... It was unheard of at the time ...

4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you! My first Husky was a 1985 125. And a pretty nice bike I must say!!! I sure would not mind having another one!
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes this year I am going to try a Gasser. Have had 5 or 6 in the past and owned Husqvarna's at the same time. The snow is melting and I will try it out in the next month. Any problems or quirks and I will immediately be back on a Husky. Probably a 144. Made in Italy. And if the funds allow I will grab a new carryover 144. Very very soon........................ And please do not insult and know that if it is a Husky with a KTM engine it is not even close to the same. My god I could ride a skidoo or Artic Cat blindfolded and tell you which one was the Ski Doo. SAME WITH A KTM AND HUSQVARNA!!
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

GasGas bikes are like Huskys...great bikes.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I gotta call BS on comparing a fartfart machine to a Husky ...You got no real history on those bikes other than a few drops of success here and there through time ...

Did a guy riding a fartfart stop DeCoster from winning 4 straight 500cc World Championships? Nope ... Heikki Mikkola did on a Husky ... Mikkola also was the first(?) guy to win a 250cc and 500cc world championship also ...He was riding a Husky ...

They are many good bikes .. But they are not Huskies ... And it goes on and on about Husqvarnas to this very moment of winning races and drawing attention and the big name $ players in todays market ... Wake up to the Husqvarna in the Husqvarna cafe ...
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not sayn a GasGas has Husky parts or Husky history. I just think after owning both they are both great bikes. And you are right only a Husky is a Husky but then only a GasGas is a GasGas....Don't need to wake up....I'm not sleep. I'm down to two bikes now both of which are red Huskys.
    water racer likes this.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Fart Face? :rolleyes:
    Coffee, HuskyDude and Dirtdame like this.
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    FartFart :lol::lol:
    I would expect nothing less from you ray_ray...
    I've been riding a Gasser for a while and I'll tell ya Husky and Gasser are both great bikes in their own way. I love my EC300. :thumbsup:
    Husqvarna125 likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No doubt they have something going for them to stay around selling bikes in small (?) numbers ... ESP if they do not have a fat ALUM frame ...

--
    But sorry Charlie, in this cafe, they have no juice ... :0 )
  12. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Where's the NEWS!
    Planepower, Coffee, ScottyR and 3 others like this.
  13. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    This thread has gone to the toilet. Maybe some of you guys should go riding or work on your bikes and wait for real news to come.
    This is not the Cafe Husky I have enjoyed and respected.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I choose riding ...

And I doubt any news is gonna change much here unless ... There is always gonna be doubt till a new bike is actually seen and then there will be more doubt ... "And the beat goes on .... <dramatic pause with head bob of course> .... And the beat goes on ... "

2010 TC250 Husqvarna in some whoops -- Saturday before Easter Sunday 2013 Tuburan >)
    101_2880.JPG

This is an Italian Husky hehehe
    Photo work by Eva. Her work always makes me look fast!!!
    Coffee likes this.
  15. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    I get the scoop that maybe this week will be the big newsbreaker as to our future and transition details sit back cross your fingers and lets see what cards are dealt.
    boisedave and ray_ray like this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We are just consumers, we can move on. You guys have put in the decades of hard work and I am hoping if nothing else this works out good for great dealers like you guys. Hoping for all positive news for you guys.
    4eyes, erigre, john01 and 5 others like this.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm reasonably sure the majority of the members feel the same... on the other hand others like to have a bit of jovial fun. I really don't care as long as no one gets upset, but am anxious for some actual news - ideally in clearly understood un-ambigious English.
    4eyes, Blazes, john01 and 3 others like this.
  18. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

I've been searching for news from MV Agusta, but they have been surprisingly quiet. I suspect that some kind of non compete clause came with the factory and equipment they received from KTM. But no news on what they intend to do with the factory.
  19. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Speaking of DECADES, I believe this is BMPs 10th year as a Husqvarna dealer...
    bigjon likes this.
  20. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    April 6th is 17 years in business,March 15th my 40th anniversary in the motorcycle business.Husqvarna dealer since 1999 .
    4eyes, Motosportz, bigjon and 4 others like this.