Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Kris and I have talked on the phone 2 times this last month hes in Atlanta working for BMW auto for about 12 states.goodwill after sales I think.
  2. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going to say Scot will not be coming back.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm sure there is MUCH to sort out and even they don't know the full picture yet or what direction they will ultimately head.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Putting in some more foundation work for the company first seems OK ... Putting together a team correctly and getting the mid rider guy on it seems good ... Shorty is still in the running there I think ...
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

This will be an issue with current HNA employees. It could be argued that BMW/HNA employees were paid a lot more than "industry standards" for a comparable job. I know KTM will not be paying the same kind of money/perks that BMW did for its employees.
  7. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

Huh? What? Bill, can you elaborate please? What are "MCO"s? and what release is scottyr talking about? Has KTM said what's to become of Husky dealers where there is already a crowd of KTM dealers? I fear for small shops that stake a lot of their business on the husky brand.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Motorcycle Certificate of Origin which is what the manufacturer sends the dealer and what you take to the DMV to get a title and lic.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Heard Kris went back to BMW As of today I heard Revell,Sharon,Cory,Andy are still there Also Jamie and Cory G are still riding Husky I would think some type of release would get posted so we could know who is still there
    Maybe this weeken at the 125 Husky race at Glen Helen more news will come out
    All Available Husky fans should try and show some support and come to the 125 race this weeken at Glen Helen
    huskyduck, ray_ray and Tinken like this.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I found some information in the normal press releases they send out, who is still there and in what capacity. Not that detailed, but there was some information I did not know.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes. And Ryan left to Ktm or Kawasaki... I can't remember, maybe Honda.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I heard it was Suzuki or Yamah...maybe Beta :)
    Coffee and Tinken like this.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very true. This fact would define "dedicated" for sure. Plus KTM does not even make a car for a "company car" perk. glad that BMW Motoraad and/or Auto gave the opportunity....it is rough out there.
    Just wondering if the former KTM NA folks are getting the "benedict Arnold syndrome" treatment from KTM NA now? Hope not as they are good folks.
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I thought I was the only one capable of such cynical perceptions :-) I had to do 10 years in commercial finance to get there though....
  15. PDL Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf 450X, Ktm 625 SXC....
    For what it's worth I just read this. Hopefully good news.

"Husqvarna: all models still in production
    Noticias Industria
    Industry News
    Upon purchase earlier this year of Husqvarna by Pierer Industries AG, owned by Stefan Pierer (CEO of KTM), begins to unravel the future of the Swedish firm and the continuity of their motorcycles. The first news coming about confirm that all Husqvarna models remain in production, including the Nuda 900.

[IMG]
    Was handed over by BMW Motorrad at the hands of Pierer Industries AG in late January this year and, after several months of uncertainty, the future of Husqvarna begins to clear after a statement posted on the network by the Commercial Italian Swedish OEM in which "explicitly confirms the ongoing production, sale and service of the entire range, including newly introduced models Strada Terra and 650, and the new Nuda 900 ABS".

In the note sent, the Commercial Division also emphasizes the importance of the 110th anniversary of Husqvarna this year (started production in 1903), and held an international campaign helps reinforce the brand image and support sales.Certainly good news for fans of the European house in particular and the entire two-wheeler segment in general, especially after the uncontrolled rumors in recent months have been growing and circulating about the future of the company. "

Link:
    http://translate.google.com/transla...a=X&ei=gOhdUfK3N4i09gSV5YCgAw&ved=0CDsQ7gEwAA
    huskyduck likes this.
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I still bet they are gone for MY14. They can continue production all they want for MY13.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To me it is still all confusing???????????????????????
    Planepower likes this.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks like for now Husky will still build Huskys. LOL at least that my take...... and hope.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  19. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Since we're all still speculating...
    ...Husaberg will be folded back into Husqvarna, leaving KTM and Husqvarna. KTM will remain the high price point model line, Husqvarna will be positioned to compete directly on price/performance with the Japanese bikes. SP will follow the same strategy he used to grow KTM, expand the dealer network and develop bikes for racing. Take market share from the Japanese bikes by investing in racing. He knows racers sell bikes.

Husky has a lot of good things going for it, a few more steps and it could happen.
    Dave
    huskyduck, 454x, Motosportz and 2 others like this.
  20. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Earlier, SP pretty clearly sounded the death knell for the Nuda...I'm happily surprised that it's still going to go. Maybe there's a chance I can get one after all...If they'd bring it to the states they'd sell as fast as the Terra and Strada.