Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Tech-Insight-Inside-the-new-Arctic-Cat-600-C-TEC2-Engine

Interesting...

Are we hijacking the thread...is that even possible at this juncture....
    is it a new oxymoron ... Hijacking a "What will KTM do to Husky thread",...... going off topic on the worlds longest meandering set of dirt bike threads :D
    454x and Radar like this.
  2. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Yes but you can fire a ski doo in reverse and back up. Hey I am stuck beep beep beep LMAO
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My Ski Doo with carbs has RER, the Cat has electronic reverse. There was a guy who put a Honda 400 ATV engine in a XR400, so he could have reverse.....
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Screw any sort of FI or DI. Put a Lectron on them and go.
    Radbuster, shawbagga and huskybear like this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep KISS.
    4eyes and Vinduro like this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    http://www3.varesenews.it/varese/articolo.php?id=260760

Translated

Workers Husqvarna start the fight
    Assembly at the factory, part of the movement. The version supplied from the property does not meet trade unions and employees, today the first stop spontaneous

Today April 18 was held from 8 am assembly workers Husqvarna immediately after the riunone yesterday afternoon in UNIVA during which the company announced the initiation of a procedure for CIGS for partial termination of activities. The meeting took stock of the situation by highlighting the lack of an industrial perspective for the establishment and perceiving in this the will of disengagement from the territory of the new leadership from what emerged during the meeting in Industrial Union.

This scenario, which takes the form:-l'avvio the CIGS for partial termination of the activity,-l'annuncio the end of production in August-the lack of a work plan to reorganize the factory-the lack of a business plan they are inserted new products necessary for the continuity of the structure is basically the end of the prospects for the establishment of Cassinetta in which they operate today more than 250 people and highlights the non-industrial operation which Pierer Industries has acquired Husqvarna.

This scenario was not considered acceptable by the workers: will be lost jobs and industrial capacity in the area. This is why the workers decided together with MSW and trade unions to open a phase of mobilization that resulted in a spontaneous stop took place this morning and will proceed from the next week with a series of initiatives to combat and moblitazione.
    18/04/2013
    RSU HUSQVARNA FIM-CISL, FIOM-CGIL Varese
  7. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    So you buy a company and find yourself sitting on a year's worth of inventory and you need to stop production. The union is opposed to the loss of work due to the shut down so they go on strike and stop building motorcycles. If they could strike for 9 of the next 12 months, this could work out really well for you, the new owner.
    4eyes and Blazes like this.
  8. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I fear this is not going to end well and feel sorry for the guys at the factory who have put their heart and soul into the brand.
    huskyduck, guscycle and Motosportz like this.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As long as I´m around, they´ll get a new job next door, as I ONLY buy Italian bikes. The Japanese can only copy what what Italians come up with. Germans can only make tanks and Brits gave up on making anything whatsoever some tima ago.
    fletchman45 and 7point62 like this.
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

it's over.

r
  11. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Hang on a minute, we still make a bloody good full english breakfast I'll have you know!!! Cheaky foreigner.
    huskyduck and 454x like this.
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Wow, great article, no wonder the guys at the factory are angry. It sounds like BMW is not the flavor of the month in Varesse right now. Looks like the BMW boys just flew in, splashed a lot of cash around, had a fat time, screwed it up, then bailed and left the locals to deal with it. KTM have just been gifted an awesome brand.

"In Husqvarna there are employees who do their work for years with competence. And passion. Both true.
    Objectively, I struggle really to blame KTM if not for the form ... but I still wonder, why? Why did they buy a company to close it? Why the Antitrust Authority has signed?"

It is a shame that MV Augusta/Cagiva did not purchase the company instead of KTM, but I figure they have no cash after developing the new F3, Brutale and Riviale models. Maybe this is the market opportunity to resurrect the Cagiva brand focusing on off-road once more - cash permitting.
  14. Mike Rotella Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    Do I still have to make my pament?
    huskyduck and 4eyes like this.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You bet dude..... BMW Financial and any successors, will track you to the ends of the earth. You are indebted and indentured.....
  16. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi guys, I'm here to share my thoughts. Long ago I said goodbye to Husqvarna under BMW ownership 'cause it felt like they were taking my beloved brand, Company and family to a nowhere journey. Unfortunately, my feelings were right and today we say goodbye to the brand as we know it. Husqvarna logos may survive on some cheap-production models, some hybrid things I don't even wanna see. I also would like to express my deep concern for those who worked their asses off throughout these years and ownerships (MV/BMW and Pierer's) to make those models you all love. To race and win and make Hsuqvarna fans and owners proud. There's a facebook page called This is Husqvarna: https://www.facebook.com/ThisIsHusqvarna. It's a page dedicated to all employees at Husqvarna in Italy. I think it would be great if you could maybe spend a couple of minutes there to thank those people, not the managers, the presidents, the CFOs or whoever, just those people who work in the shadow and now have to start again in a Country that right now does not give a lot of opportunities. Thank you for your time! God Bless.
    huskyduck, 4eyes, guscycle and 6 others like this.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cats are junk. They got the electronic reverse from Ski Doo!!! LOL
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    More to disagree about.... My '10 Cat SP500 is the WB165 of snowmobiles. All the snowmobile companies have horrible records on warranty issues. Just remember... your beloved Husky and GG Dealer is also a Cat Dealer!
  19. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Agreed --But i think Husqvarna ended when they were sold to Cagiva years ago --still not going to stop me buying another one if they have something i want --if not i will spend my money elsewhere

I raced them in the eary 70' through till the 80' for 11 years --have 4 at the moment and enjoy them --:banana:
    photoguy_43420 likes this.
  20. Mike Rotella Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    So I was right when I said maybe I made a mistake when i bought my TXC and not a KTM. great.