Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'll disagree on Husky ending, when sold to Cagiva.... Your Eddie Seel Replica is the ultimate example of the Swedish Husky developed to the highest degree. Still has the same engine and frame design as a 80's, single cam 4T, Swedish Husky....
    guscycle, PeterHB and adam6402 like this.
  2. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    I take back what i said :o
    the big two smokes i raced were cool 500xc's and 500cr as well as the WR 400

BUT I must add that the Eddie Seel does something to
    me no other bike has ever done -- not even the big two smokes -From Brute Power to handling --the complete package deal - I quite often after a ride just stare at it and try and figure out how a motor and frame like that just work so well --

If i could get another one i would not hesitate to buy it -- just to have a bigger part of Husqvarna History
  3. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    SP keeps talking about taking Husqvarna back to it's Swedish roots. Wouldn't it be great if Thomas Gustavsson and the Husabeg gang get them to move production of Husqvarna back to Swedan. I have heard that the old factory at Odeshog Swedan is open where so many great motorcycles where built. I know it's a pipe dream but it sure would be nice to have Husqvarna back where it belongs..

This reminds me of what happen when Norton Villers bought the BSA group back in the early 70's. They was a big strike when they where going to close the Triumph Factory in Meriden. It killed Norton. There was a bunch of bike inventory left and they sold them up to 1975. Triumph lasted to 1983. It killed the British motorcycle industy up intill the 90's with John Bloor's Hinckley Triumphs. I sure hope this dosn't happen to Husqvarna, Husaburg and K.T.M. It makes me wonder, history sure has a way of repeating its self.
  4. MaDProFF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    STR
    I assume they have not stopped producing Husqvarna's? or going to? that said look at Triumph now :)
  5. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Get ready... we will soon be entering the 'deep discount' phase...
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Yes, a memo went out to that effect this morning to Contingency Riders.....

Attention off-roaders,

Through working with so many of you in the Husqvarna Contingency program, I know how hard you work at keeping up with the latest equipment, as well as the cost of going racing. If you find yourself longing for the days when a brand new dirt bike cost around $5000, then I have some really great news. Husqvarna’s “Spring Fever Clearance” is offering brand new off-road bikes for up to $2500 off*, and we’re giving you the jump on these deals. Before the “Spring Fever” promotion hits the streets, we’d like you to get the inside line.

Visit www.HuskySpringFever.com to find out more about Husqvarna’s Spring Fever offers and financing details, or to find a dealer in your area.

*At participating dealers only. Contact your dealer for Spring Fever discount details.
  7. Mike Rotella Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    THATS NOT COOL
  8. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    So what's in it for everyone who just got a new Husky ?
  9. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

Since the current crop of dirt bikes are already fuel injected, and have EFI's, sensors, and fuel pumps, isn't the innovative leap about getting the higher fuel pressure and computational power to facilitate DFI? Wouldn't a DFI 2 stroke still be easier to work on and lighter than a four stroke? I would love to be able to do a top end rebuild in an afternoon like carbureted 2 stroke guys do now. Even if they aren't clean enough for dual sport use, they may hold the keys to keeping two strokes from being legislated out of existence.

If KTM/Husky were to come out with a clean, street legal two stroke that produces the same amount of power as my 610, in a lighter, less complicated package, I'm there dude.
    4eyes likes this.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    With any luck, a continued and strengthened parts supply chain, improved marketing and racing involvement that returns Husqvarna to their rightful place atop the off-road riding world, even if they do have to share that place with some orange Pentons, and more and better dealers.

In the short run, it gives you the opportunity to buy another one for a real good price :-)
  11. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bad taste...

The note went out as a heads-up, like they were doing us a favor. These discount go far beyond what a commited crew would get even as a 'dealer support rider'. A bad taste indeed...
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    ..and then there is that too
  13. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    oregansage you're in the positive, which I flip back and forth on...Good for you! It is what it is.

I'm sure the fine print allows them to do whatever they want with no repercussions.

I can live with the bad taste, but I will be pissed if they screw with the contingency. It's the only way to make up some ground.
    DTX915 likes this.
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    everything in life has repercussions.
  15. MaDProFF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    STR
    I suppose the upside of big discounts is many buy bikes, and that in turn gives a demand for parts and more investment for 3rd party parts.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm okay with that :D
  17. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    A: I could have gotten two for the price of one if I waited 38 days
    B: I now have a -2500$ resale value 38 days latter
  18. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Yeah...there's a huge shark fin aftermarket...:rolleyes:
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Something similar happened to me, my dealer made me a deal. Don't be afraid to ask, worst they can say is no.
  20. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I got $1,500 off back in October. Would I have preferred $2,500...sure. Am I unhappy with my bike because of it...no. Frankly I'm more worried about future availability of engine/gearbox parts because of the buyout than anything else.
    4eyes likes this.