Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. southy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMX250
    Will just mean Bajal will also be the major share holder of Husqvarna.
  2. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    This is all about:

(KTM/Bajaj vs BMW/TVS) vs BIG4 Japanese

Yeah, I knew algebra would come in handy one day...
    HuskyDude, 4eyes and PDL like this.
  3. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    2190826487_husqvarna11.jpg
    130425husqvarna-590x300.jpg

HUSQVARNA CLOSED BY KTM !
    FINISH !
    ( Varèse Italia )
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Maybe Coffee will set up a big charter trip, so we can all go to Milan in November. The whole CH crew can see SP unveil the new Husky brand and if we don't like it.... form a mob!:oldman:
  5. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Hhmm I wonder how that will go down, SP unveiling a KTM/Husky 1 hours drive from the factory he shut down... the mob is already formed and waiting
  6. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

7. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Good bye Husky, this guy is the corporate raider of the dirt bike world. I'm glad to have a couple cause there won't be another the hell with him. I work for wages just like those working people in Italy, no time for his tactic's. In Solidarity........
    ntbhusky, rasputin, Blair7 and 5 others like this.
  8. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Nope, SP owns Cross industries which owns WP and owns Husqvarna soley for the moment,.......I'm pretty sure he didn't need any financial backing to "buy" Husqvarna soley so it's completely his unless he decides to let KTM buy into it. He has a big loan due very soon which means probably selling off some if not all of his controlling interest in KTM and I'm sure Bajaj is ready to take over financially. However everything that makes a KTM a KTM (WP, Cross, etc) is SP's and he can have HSQ plugging along fairly quickly without KTM should the relations with Bajaj go sour in the event of a take-over of KTM.
  9. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well.......should I buy a new 310TXC? Sold my 10 TC250 and 11 449TXC and miss having a Husky. New 310 TXC'S are being blown out at $4999. I figure nows the time to buy!! So many rumors out there.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

"in the warehouses there are 12 thousands unsold motorbikes". Looks like there´ll be a closing out sale on soon.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    If you find a '13 310TXC for that price then take it and run.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    We are still searching closed lumber mills for these bikes. So far no luck, though Ive turned up several new 2010 Husabergs and KTMs at dealers.
  13. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
  14. Dalton73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Considering the source, this is one of the more revealing revelations (speculations?) in this thread. Last I knew KTM didn't have a 310 engine.
    For 2014 production to start on schedule I'd think that the Italians had already all but finalized the designs, and parts were being produced. Would make sense for a number of reasons for manufacturing to remain in Italy at least for the short term; basically new factory, skilled labor familiar with facility and product etc.. Did the district sales manager happen to say what language the workers assembling these 2014 models will be speaking?
  15. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    MATINGOFFEN MANUFACTURE
    KTM + HUSABERG + HUSQVARNA?
    TAIWAN
    MOTOR 450 +510
    INDIA
    ?
  16. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is getting really, really confusing.

So many reports on what's happening, who really owns what - and that "ownership" is the really important matter.

Bajaj seeking to get full controlling interest in KTM?

Well, that would be an interesting thing - long expected, from my point of view.

I do believe that that would give them controlling interest in Husky. As I feel in my (very ample) guts that Bajaj are the financiers of the Husky purchase.

Meh, who the flip knows? - I'm having a ly down - I'll not be getting back up, for quite some time. That, I 'am' sure of, as I've just been on a great ride.

Though, I doubt that it's been as convoluted and treacherous a 'ride' as this whole Husky buy out has been.........
  17. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000

BAJAJ AUTO - READY TO RACE !

Just add numbers.....

"Notably, Bajaj Auto was one of the first Indian motorcycle makers to produce a mass market, dual purpose motorcycle in the form of the Bajaj Enduro SX based on the Kawasaki KB100, a motorcycle that was ahead of its time. Once the Husqvarna dual purpose motorcycle arrives into India, the clock would have come a full circle for Bajaj Auto. Bajaj Auto is expected to manufacture the dual purpose Husqvarna in India. Like other KTM motorcycles built in India, the Husqvarna could also be exported to countries across the world. Also, Bajaj Auto is expected to come up with a racing series revolving around the new Husqvarna dual purpose motorcycle, in line with what it is currently doing with the KTM Duke’s Orange Days.

Kawasaki-Bajaj-Enduro-SX.jpg
  18. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    They stole that Chain Guard off my daughters Push bike
    shawbagga likes this.
  19. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I just caught up with this article in motociclismo.

http://translate.googleusercontent....-54842&usg=ALkJrhhAB68IkKQ7_UZm_gw2PeJcjddY8w

Giovanni Castiglioni finally breaks his silence on the BMW - KTM Husky deal and answerS the criticism from those slagging off at Cagiva. Kudos to the the Castiglioni's, I have great respect for them. No matter what you think about the Cagiva days, they certainly had passion and built some fantastic bikes and kept the brand alive during the previous GFC - does anybody remember the 1987 stockmarket crash and how bad the motorcycle market was from 1988 through to 1992? Even KTM went broke over that period and nearly disappeared forever. If my memory serves me correctly from the magazines articles back in the day, SP was the accountant working for KTM at the time they went broke and along with a few others, got to buy out KTM for a song.

As far as the Cagiva Husky's go, I guess you don't appreciate what you have until its gone. At least I have still got mine and will keep going it forever, just like my old Swedish bikes, they get better with age.

The bottom line is, BMW made a great cash offer to Cagiva in order to get a slice of the KTM offroad market. Cagiva thought - why not! and staked their future and cash into a relaunched MV-Augusta. The irony is, BMW have handed Husky along with the future of the Euro off road market to KTM - the very company BMW was trying to knock off in the first place? I guess this is what the you call an "EPIC FAIL".
  20. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I will forever have a fondness for the Cagiva bloodline because of their GP bikes and John Kocinski:

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

Fighting the big factory guys in the early '90s was maybe even more of an asymetric war than it is now. The MV logo is cast into my clutch pressure plate - how cool is that? If it said BMW, Kymco or KTM instead it just wouldn't be the same.

I'm just a sentimental old fool...:lol: