Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I'm pretty sure SP had ample funds to acquire Husky, you'd be sick if you heard how much it actually was handed over for

(notice I didn't say sold?)
    water racer likes this.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Pretty sure it was handed over with a sizable dowry....
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm not sure if they did, but when they built those pricey TE510 Centennial bikes, they were going to build a limited number of Cagiva c594 replicas for sale. The most beautiful 500 GP bike ever. I want a new Mito 125, that's as close as I'll ever get to owning one.....
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    His personal speculation is that the bikes won't be built at all.....
  5. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    Sorry lads, but every time I think Bajaj I have this mental picture:[IMG]
  6. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Yepper, it's called the "Spring Fever" sales incentive here in NA. :lol:
  7. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250

This is 100% Bajaj
    [IMG]
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Really all still confusing and still not sure of anything like everyone. One thing is certain and I have seen similar things happen.. This mostly goes back to planning and not living for the moment. And concentrating on the future with design changes, public relations and having a good team help with things. Ktm did it. They were supposed to be done in 1991 and just as I was celebrating my arch rivals defeat they got lucky and got a boost in the arm and with proper planning and this and that they have taken a motorcycle that is one half the bike a Husqvarna is and made it a household name. The comment above is very close as BMW's whole plan backfired and the fact Husqvarna was ever in a position to have to take any deal is sad. Any one who ever questions my loyalty, dedication or love for this brand I would dare you to do it to my face. With all that is going on I am uncertain the direction it is all going. As much as I did not like the Husky?Bmw marriage it was slowly going the right direction but, really BMW is not even on the same planet as Husqvarna and I was certain from day one it would blow up as it has, just never imagined as the Italian magazine puts it like I have said all along and had to defend by some of you people who refuse to believe reality (ARCH RIVAL !) KTM would ever even have the opportunity to even have the possibility to purchase a premier marque Husqvarna. Sad confused, and for sure bummed out. I am actually bummed that I bought a Gas Gas this year to race as in a time of need I really should be out promoting, standing by, and riding the brand I have come to love, and do so with pride (HUSQVARNA) But again. Lets see where it all goes. In the event the brand dies from what we have all come to know. Lets remember there certainly was lots of love and passion put into it. I will keep my chin up and drive thru with this mission until the stake is driven thru the heart of it. And yes for the guy who asked if he should buy a new TXC 310. YOUR DARN RIGHT YOU BETTER GRAB IT FOR THAT CHEAP PRICE!!! You will have a motorcycle that is sure to provide years of enjoyment and a bike that sets the performance standards!! And yes you will be able to get parts for many many years to come!! No KTM bashing here and like Tom Petty says (even the losers, they get lucky sometimes) in this case KTM yes you had better analysts, PR etc.... But you certainly and I am sure deep down know it. NEVER had a better product.....................................
  9. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    More news from the front line...interesting to see that according to this article it is the Italian Government who picks up the tab for the worker entitlements and not SP. There is obviously a lot of upset people in downtown Varesse. I am sure when they close the factory doors and pack up all the gear to send to India, they will do a real careful job of it.

http://www3.varesenews.it/economia/..._type_map=["og.recommends"]&action_ref_map=[]

Since March 6, the property of Husqvarna Motorcycles, rose from the BMW Group to Pierer Industrie AG, following the Austrian Antitrust clearance was granted without the existence of any business plan. Subsequent to the start of the new leadership at the headquarters of Biandronno, in less than a month Pierer Industries has taken the drastic decision to put the company in redundancy benefits for Partial Termination of Activities, with no possibility of reinstatement, then an antechamber to the collective redundancy.

Above layoff was required for 212 employees out of a total of 240 losing, in our opinion, the very definition of partial. Leaving aside the bitterness and the situation of total personal instability that we will be forced to deal with short, ignoring the damage that is going to create too many companies (always on the local area), there remains how it is possible to allow companies foreign to implement such plans "destructive."

The Italian government will pay the layoff for a year to 212 people because BMW has failed at the strategic level and why Pierer Industries AG has no intention to invest in a recovery plan involving Italy This with the sole intention of closing the existing activities on site and acquire a prestigious Italian brand. The question we ask is the following: of more foreign companies to rape our economy just because they are able to guarantee short-term capital?

When will we start to preserve our country and our individuality found that, actually all these promises will be kept even in the long term? And who will monitor the actual legitimacy of certain commercial actions also preserving workers actually linked to the territory? We know perfectly well that Husqvarna Motorcycles is only a small drop in the ocean, but we believe that in times like these the so-called Made in Italy .is the key for us to leave. Do we really want to continue to allow foreign giants imbavagliarci and plunder our economy.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So it really does look like we´ve come to the end of the road. I totally endorse all that Fletchman45 writes in his above post and still enjoy the hope that buying all the competition will never enable KTM to become a long time premier bike manufacturer.
  11. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Snows in Mumbai?......Global Climate Change must be a whole lot worse that I thought!
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

well, it's not all over yet...
    the company's not closed yet, and those 210 people are not fired yet, they are told to stay at home due to lack of work, while the government pays their salaries. of course, the intention to shut down "husqvarna as we know it" is clear. but if shutting them down and simply taking the brand name somewhere else would have been easy, bmw would have done it.
    plus, and i am repeating myself here: if you, the customers, have wishes for the future of "new husqvarna", you better speak out now! don't just sit on the fence and wait. speak out! as a customer, you vote with your wallet. so if you want the 2014 wr125 to be produced in biandronno, pre-order one. same applies if you want the 2014 wr125 to be produced in mattighofen, or maharashtra, or whereever.
    (i don't have a problem with indian-built dual bikes, though. if this helps raise money for building and racing dirtbikes, it's ok with me.)

maybe it's just me, but i could never celebrate the extinction of any motorcycle manufacturer (well ,maybe honda). i appreciate and respect anyone who gets up in the morning and tries to add his very own contribution to the diversity of the motorcycle world. after all, that's what makes motorcycles so fascinating. there's 1 million ways to build a dirtbike, let's see which one is the best. and let's find out through racing, not through shit-talking.
    each manufacturer that closes his doors is one less spice in the soup. and each manufacturer that closes his doors means hundreds of passionate and competent people losing their job.

how about forming a mob now? in november it might be too late. organize a cafe husky trip to biandronno, stand by the people, and enjoy the beautiful and amicable country on a wr125 round-trip. :-)

r
  13. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    No matter what happens I will cherish my Cagiva engined huskys and ride them for as long as parts can be obtained. I will never buy a Husky if it shares parts/design with a KTM.
  14. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250

Bajaj is vying for controlling interest in the Austrian Alps.
    silverpilen likes this.
  15. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Wha'd he say?:excuseme:
  17. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300

BMW Husky blew it in Canada, with boing business with Josh Barrett. He soiled the brand name just like he did when he had KTM 11 years ago.
    mekanik and ScottyR like this.
  18. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    how about forming a mob now? in november it might be too late. organize a cafe husky trip to biandronno, stand by the people, and enjoy the beautiful and amicable country on a wr125 round-trip. :-)

r[/quote]

..Any one here work for an airline where we could get a group CH discount? Count me in!...I'll stand in the cold rain,blowing a whistle(don't know how to speak Italian) to help them out...
    wallybean, rasputin and HuskyFede like this.
  19. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    He owns all of Husky and just part of KTM, I think he would make more if Husky did better than KTM.
  20. jcg61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300, 1972 Rickman 125,78 YZ125