Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    All sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me spread by disgruntled factory workers and competing manufactures.
    typeone likes this.
  2. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

Are you guys sure we are not overstating the issue? I mean the bikes are paid for right? From Perrier's standpoint, it would be preferable to send them to a crusher than to have them chew up market share at fire sale prices while at the same time devaluing everyone's bikes. I wince at the prospect, but problem solved.
    McKay likes this.
  3. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    You can't send them to the crusher if they are already at the distributor or on dealers floor at fire sale prices.
  4. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    what's the problem? 11000 bikes all paid for, every one he sells is 100% profit. Sell them off then start making new bikes with very motivated rehired factory workers. There is no need to hurry.
    4eyes and Motosportz like this.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I agree with these parts. But I've no idea if he where he wants to build bikes in the future.
    Radar likes this.
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    So if they flood the market with cheap Husky's which turn out to be perfectly competitive with KTMs, he has a lose-lose situation on his hands. Cuts into the available buyer pool for the next couple of years and might damage the value of all those KTMs also sitting on dealers floors.

If they exist, most of them need to go towards making Husqvarna a household name in Africa and South America and.....
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think discounted Huskys would take many KTM buyers away from that KTM brand. I think the current Husky owners and people who wouldn't spend KYM money on a dirt bike would scoop them up. Us Husky guys and gals will buy the new breed of Huskys when they come out in 2014/15 if the are as good or better than the current Huskys and aren't red KTM's. Heck if they are red KTM's maybe some of the current KTM owners are ready for a color change :D.
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Short term loss = Cuts into the available buyer pool for the next couple of years
    Long term gain = flood the market with cheap Husky's which turn out to be perfectly competitive with KTMs

The more good Husky's out there getting ridden, the more will sell. Monkey see, Monkey do
    4eyes likes this.
  9. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..I've tried several times to participate in this discussion this last week,but I can't....I start,write about 4 paragraphs and get so pissed I delete everything..I live ,eat ,sleep Husqvarna's since I was a kid almost 40 years ago:love: ..this is so irritating ,I'm calling out sick the next 2 days just to spend time and ride my Husky:thumbsup: ...that's the only thing that is gonna keep me sane....in the meantime,enjoy your discussions.....
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hand down my Husky 300 with Ohliens front and rear is BETTER then any KTM 300
    The last few Nationals i have race have been so much fun on this bike Plus now after 5 of the 10 National Hare and hounds races I am in second place overall I Will race the 300 at the next 5 rounds

Like I said before Husky would really have to build something special to get me even think of a new bike
    After the way this bike is working
  11. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    There is so much more to business then this, those bikes are taxed every year they sit in inventory, very quickly eating up paper profits. If any of you invest you'd see this is a disaster on the books, Sketchers just went through something very similar here in the US; way to much inventory and no contracts plus taxes on unsold inventory. Just because they are built does not mean they are paid for, there are suppliers on the hook here Id imagine as well.

There is a lot more to this story then we (or I) know.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So would it not be better to sell the bikes now without any further delays? I'd pull the trigger on a TXC310; that's one less :D.
  13. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I am SERIOUSLY thinking about selling the 300 & picking up a 1-2-5, hmmmmm that'll be 1 less they have to crush
  14. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Selling NOS Husky's impacting KTM sales? There are guys that would not own/ride a KTM even if it was given to them. That number may be smaller then 11k, but I say sell the inventory and make what $ you can instead of throwing it away in a crushed heap. Don't step over a dollar to pick up a dime. :excuseme:
    Blazes likes this.
  15. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

11000 bikes is one fifth the output for KTM right? By dumping those on the market, he risks taking a hit at KTM, the crown jewel. I seriously doubt Perrier would be able to idle KTM workers to deal with a downturn caused by the dumping for short term profits, especially given the layoffs that have already occurred in Italy. He likely has supply contracts to think of as well. If I were him, I wouldn't even risk it.
  16. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    49 after TE511 just left.
    Motosportz likes this.
  17. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  18. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  19. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
  20. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    I cant see them let the brand die, but I did come to this page for news before I ordered a bunch of parts for my 04 maint. rebuild, it still runs great but I think I will wait too see how this all works out- for now time to change oil, put on the new tires and finally go on my first ride of 2013:)