Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Agreed! Creative accountants don't make good businessmen. Sleight of hand can only keep you out of a hole for so long.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Maybe Cagiva could buy the two strokes back and continue where they left off in 2007.
    WVdag likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    If Claudio was still alive, he'd have Husky back in MV by now, but his son has no interest.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If that is the case: 10k+ TR650s produced in the later 1/2 of 2012, then simply announcing how that bike would be supported with regards to the MOSS tool would clear out those bikes quickly. That is a really nice bike.
    Correct. I was quite surprised when they tried again by throwing money at it in early 2011.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

BMW NEVER Understood what it is like to own a DIRT BIKE period BMW People are a little different then the rest of us a easy way for people to understand is to compair Nascar to Formula 1 I worked in a Body Shop in Palm Springs for 17 years fixing high end cars before i got Ajax My BMW custermers were different
    Most loved there cars but had no idea how to do anythink to it they even paid someone to wash it Most Dirt bike guys know alot about there bikes and love working on them.Look what BMW tried to do to the Husky Dealers Husky riders are not about a fancy showroom where you can display fancy bike We want to go get our bike dirty in the DIRT Not some fancy adventure thing we want a DIRT BIKE got it
    Who ever end up with Husky please understand your custermer base We are a bunch of rednecks and want a Dirt Bike
    Blair7 and 4eyes like this.
  6. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Unfortunately there is alot of truth spread in there, hate to say it but their failed launch of the G450X probably got them in the market for Husqvarna as an avenue to fulfill their vendor contracts and have a market to sell offroad wares. If they had approached the G450X product offering like they did the S1RR I think they would have had a better go at the offroad market but offering a single 450cc bike is very hard to have any customer retention in the offroad world so it was an uphill battle regardless. I still prefer the G450X (with properly tuned suspenders) over a 449/511 personally.

Time will tell how it's really going to pan out.
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

BMW make their bikes in a factory round the corner and down the road from where I live. I´ve always wondered when I ride past (on my Husky or my CCM) why nearly all the bike parked outside are Japanese. The latest news is that BMW have signed a cooperation pact with TVS from India. TVS traded 11 Million Euros last year and made 1.85 Million Euros profit. BMW traded 14.9 Million and achieved only 0. 6 million. BMW wants to make small bikes and scooters for the German market in India to boost profits. So looks like India has taken over the German/Austrian motorbike industry. Not to worry, neither country ever made good bikes.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'd be happy if Cagiva took them back. I'm a realist, and the reality of the matter is that my bike is really a Cagiva. It's blood lines go back to the pre Husqvarna days. Cagiva, just like KTM did with the Burges, bought them for their four stroke technology. The two strokes went totally away and the Cagiva two strokes took their place. The four strokes have an identity crisis. They don't know if they're Husky, Cagiva, Ducati or BMW, it just depends on when they were born, but my WR knows it's roots. It has little elephants all over it's insides.
  10. PARTSDUDE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TERRA 650
    i was just at a meeting last week , and talked to a bmw rep , he told me there is about a hundred bikes along with parts in bmw's naz. warehouse , ktm has about a month yet to get them out. i told him if they have anything leftover or forget to load anything to give me a call and i would be there.
  11. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Giovanni is definitely interested in Cagiva, he just does not have any money, it is all invested in mv Augusta. On a YouTube interview he commits to bringing back the cagiva elephant looked in a rally or adventure touring format to leverage off Dakar success. He may consider the f3 triple engine tuned to suit, triumph have done a great job with their triple in the new tiger, they are killing the market right now over ktm, BMW even Tenere and vstrom. Guys, the rally/ adventure touring market is big and the margins are good compared to bread and butter dirt bikes. You can tell because Honda are interested again. Wether we see a new Cagiva in any shape or form will depend on how successful mv Augusta is.
  12. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    True, and if you write them off as a loss for tax purposes you must destroy them, otherwise you get a visit from you friendly tax office.
  13. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

I absolutely agree. SP is the "dupee" in this picture, not the "duper". His task is to clean up someone else's mess. Many of us have been there and done that ourselves. It's a sucky, dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Candidly, I recommend that he crush em, and crush em quick while it's still BMW's mess. If he dallies, it becomes his. The sharp knife cutting quickest, he will likely be able to take a paper loss on those crushed bikes and leverage his tax position to rebuild Husky. He will be able to keep his people focused on building the new business instead of literally salvaging the old.
  14. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    THERE ARE NO 11000 UNITS IN THE WHAREHOUSE ANYWHERE. BMW guys were too good of bean counters to have even 11 bikes too many in the wharehouse,maybe 11000 new and old stock 10/11/1213 bikes at every dealership and distributor worldwide ,im thinking even less than 1/2 that number left after this big discount sale.
    Sorry guys if I sound abit grumpy about this but we are all Husky fans and my crew and I bread and butter and all this speculation is overwhelming,even the news throws a different story out every week,people here this or that from thier rep etc. and I{we} think have heard every scenario there is from train car loads of bikes sitting around to crushing to Husqvarna closing down ,really it just hurts the Husky dealer network and I still believe its going to all fall into place when they get this transfer done and when the smoke clears however long that takes it will be a even better Husqvarna Motorcycle company so again we are still heads down elbows out throttle pinned waiting for the next turn and until something actualy happens business as usual so far,parts still flowing and MOSS still online ! So once again dont believe everything you hear even from ? a reliable source because so far nobody has been correct about a whole lot.Have a good evening guys.
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thats what i was thinking Biilf

Whats the source you refer to Norm ?
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where is my popcorn and the drama goes on and on and on. And besides some interviews and this and that what do we really know??????? Cagiva???? Hummmmmm............I like it Time to go play with my 3 year old!! Oh yea what a mess. Thanks BMW you overthought PO.................
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    A source in Italy, who'd rather not be named. I spoke to one of the last remaining Husky US employees today, he said his contacts in Italy say, the report of 11-12,000 bikes in warehouse is false.
    oregonsage and robertaccio like this.
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Excellent
    Now can we close this thread till we see the 2014 models??/ That would be my suggestion if conjecture is damaging sales
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Thanks for stepping in Bill. I remember you talking about the shortage of bikes way before the buyout.
    I have been biting my tongue.
    oregonsage and JonXX like this.
  20. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Yeah as I recall, Bill said his last order of ten bikes was two or three short, at that point they might have still been on the water if he would even get them.