Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Norm knows his stuff :thumbsup:
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm, you are talking one word that can still make blood pressures rise "Ernesto"
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    All I know is the shop I got my parts from when I was a kid, Wheelsports in Reynoldsburg, Ohio was one of the biggest Husky dealers in the state. Then the bikes turned white and next thing you know they are a KTM dealer with no Husky's in sight. The folks at The Motorcycle Shop in Alaska where I am now tell the same story. I guess the funny part is now ALL Husky dealers will be selling KTM's! :D
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Alfa is coming back to the US....
    4eyes likes this.
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I was a purist, and did not care for the white bikes when they came out. To me it was the end of the Husqvarna era, bikes of gray frames and chrome panels on the tank. It felt like they were trying to be "like everybody else." Too bad everybody else wanted single shocks because, despite the color, the ITC suspension was very good. I own a white bike now, and I enjoy it, but I still prefer the gray and chrome.
    Mike-AK likes this.
  6. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I keep reading that.
    If that's true, then why is my Husky faster and better handling than my modern Japanese bike?
    4eyes, mnb, giantjoe and 3 others like this.
  7. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    'cause sometimes newer does not equal better.
  8. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    that was my point for a bike with ancient "qualities" that works well
    the lack of the magic button is killing them, and gives the antique argument
  9. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..The '74 Mag 250 got my racing career going('75) in the right direction(I was racing a '69 nut- buster Husky CR 250 IN '74)..them Honda Elsinores were filling the gate with all their trickery,but that never stopped me from kickin' their ass...I saved that bike for 3 years until updating to a '78,another great bike.!I loved my '83 twin shocker especially when I started doing hare scrambles..great handlin' bike.I got into enduro's with my 86 wr 250 and it took 1 month just to find that one..Husky front fork update and carb & slide mod made for another great woods bike..went 3 years on top end/clutch!....to date, I'm past owning over 14 Husky's and my '86 was the ONLY one that left me stranded in a race with a fried moto- plat .Husky may have had some timely and not so timely innovations over the years,but for me, I ran what I could afford and still had no problem keeping up with all the other new and approved bike manufacturers over the years. 40+ years on the same make says somethin' to me:thumbsup: ...SP don't "F" this up :naughty: (which I am convinced ,to a point,that he already has:banghead: ).I may leave my NEW 2013 TC 250 in the crate until I see where this may be going in the coming years....
    ..Have a Good day
    Guscycle
    4eyes, john01, 2premo and 2 others like this.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The real question is whether or not my riding gear will match anymore.

[IMG]
    Logroller likes this.
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Don't you update your wardrobe at least once a year anyway?:D
    bigjon likes this.
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  13. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    This is an interesting tid-bit.

http://www.motoblog.it/post/144967/...ffici-spunta-unofferta-rifiutata-di-mv-agusta

The google translation is below. The last paragraph is the smoking gun. By the sounds of it, BMW's preference was to sell back to Cagiva and were in serious negotiations but ran out of time and money and had to quit the scene in a hurray and basically throw they keys at SP as they bolted out the door. Which makes me wonder, just what the **** was going on with BMW? I can't wait for the real truth to unfold.

The thorny affair Husqvarna does not seem to be solved: the purchase by Pierer Industries AG (Austrian group headed by the CEO of KTM) and the subsequent request for cessation of extraordinary layoff of 212 workers at the plant of Cassinetta Biandronno (VA) has obviously sparked protests of the workers Varese, that were never contacted by the new owners about the fate of the employees.
    The news this week about the unification of brands and Husaberg Husqvarna (under the control of another manufacturer KTM) into a single company called Husqvarna Sportmotorcyle GmbH based in Austria, in Mattighofen (where there is also the headquarters KTM) , now in the middle of the strike of the workers of Biandronno, has naturally provoked the immediate reaction of the latter, which they occupied in protest for about 45 minutes at the offices of executives KTM responsible for monitoring the dispute to the Austrian house.
    Meanwhile, a delegation headed by the governor of Lombardy, Roberto Maroni and the Mayor of Biandronno Antonio Calabretta met the Swedish ambassador in Italy Ruth Jacoby to signal the liberal use of the Husqvarna brand (of Swedish origin) by KTM. The next important deadline in the way of this story will still be the meeting between the Parties under the Ministry of Economic Development on 22 of May.
    The Province of Varese in the meantime has revealed an interesting background to the negotiations that eventually led to cede BMW Motorrad Husqvarna Pierer Industries AG: also MV Agusta - previous owner of the trademark until 2007 - it was actually in the running for the purchase of Husqvarna, with BMW then opted for the offer in Austria. The reasons for the choice he has explained them the same Giovanni Castiglioni, CEO of MV Agusta:
    "Probably to stop the bleeding of accounts: BMW was in a hurry to conclude the sale and leave to others the task of closing the site Cassinetta. By now, however, there is little to do, the situation is very difficult. "
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What major world wide event took place near the purchase of Husqvarna by BMW? And what do major corporations carry in case companies are claimed at a loss? Is it that difficult to see what really took place?
  15. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

wages are more or less the same in austria and italy, workers unions definitely aren't. compared to italian (and french) workers unions, all other european countries' unions are a petting zoo.
    there's a reason why bmw fled the scene without even trying to take the valuable brand name with them. pierer is just about to find out.

r
    Motosportz, raisrx251 and ntbhusky like this.
  16. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    ..... so they could focus on the deal with Indian motorcycle manufacturer TVS and get a share of the second biggest mc market in the world. This made Husqvarna redundant to BMW.

That is all.
  17. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

.. and not to forget that they sold the plant together with their large surplus load of Kymco scrap.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Keep trying.
    I agree, and stated that months ago when all the interviews he was giving seemed to conflict with each other. Others posted that as well.
    ntbhusky, 454x, Tinken and 1 other person like this.
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    True. I love the red, white and black theme of the current bikes.

BTW, I hate red and yellow together. :eek: And I'm not crazy about blue and yellow. Probable the reason I didn't buy a CR250 in 2002.
    typeone likes this.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Red and yellow reminds me of my old Maico.
    454x and oregonsage like this.