Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    I LIKE THAT:thumbsup:
  2. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think that the actual weight of the bike is that important, but rather the way that the bike carries its weight.
    I don't know about your XR600 being too heavy, but I can tell you that my XT600 is way too heavy, and it feels heavy whether being pushed around the garage or being ridden down my favorite single track. The 950 SE on the other hand, is physically heavier than the XT, but feels half the weight whether you are riding it or pushing it. Obviously the 950 is twice as fit as the XT but feels 5x as fit when riding it. To be honest the 950 SE does not feel any heavier than the 610 at any time.

As far as I know they stopped manufacturing bikes in the 950 SE class because each one cost more to build than they could sell them for, which makes no economic sense whatsoever to the manufacturers. That I am afraid is where the problem is; if they build the bike we all want, we will not be able to afford it.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts

You are bordering on kind of funny. The weight makes the wheels sink which makes it harder to push. I spectated a national enduro once and to me it seemed that the non local AA and up guys were able to sense what spots were hard and use that to their advantage where I would be digging a trench with the spectators cheering me on.

This is diverging from the title of this thread. As I understand it, at least the way sponsorships are sold in the AMA magazine is dual sport, dual purpose, adventure. Take something like the brake disc, a lot of them are so minimal. The vertical height of the four stroke piston, Note the cts equipped 450 came with a 3 year warranty dressed as a BMW but only gets 6 months as a Husqvarna in the United States and from other forums on the internet seems the mode is to sit on the bike for time and basically run out the warranty and start charging for future repairs even though a pre existing condition not fixed. It is just talk so who knows. I will agree the choice in the dual purpose is lacking. Something with more weight in the engine for reliability, more weight on the discs, a better seat (not one designed to look like a moto x or something along those lines), at least three gallons of gasoline.

I am happy to wait and see. Maybe they will do like the new Indian and make a look alike engine of the v twin of the thirties and package it similar to the Aprilla 450/550.

As far as cost to produce this stuff is confidential and how the racing expenses are distributed on a model by model basis. How many credit cards are out there charging against the adventure v twin, that kind of stuff even if one had stock and got an annual report probably couldn't figure it out.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

About 5 seconds after I get my 449 set up right I will sell it to you..you know how I am about rotating the fleet :eek:
  5. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

That would be four bikes, two street, two dirt. In order, street long distance/touring; street sport/naked; dual sport largish; dirt bike small.
    JonXX and LandofMotards like this.
  6. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

While a great bike for some, the 950 had it's own issues that led to it's demise. It's REALLY tall, even by dirt bike standards, and not amenable to lowering w/o sacrificing a lot of what is paid for, KTM had to know they could only sell it to tall men with significant $$'s, and that narrowed the market before they sold the first bike. Mileage and range are issues, as is service access to the engine.

With respect to what we would ask of the new Husky, a lot of the tooling is already paid for. It's a matter of putting the right engine in the right frame. For those of us don't race, good, durable power while keeping the weight light and low is more important than race like performance.
    4eyes and 7point62 like this.
  7. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shopping for lightly used 09/10 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    350SXF 530EXC 300XC 525EXC 525MXC
    You get on Motorsport.com or RockyMountain and buy a different color set of plastics if it were any other brand. You don't need to stock different color bikes. Just get the aftermarket to support Husky products like they do any other brand. Husky goes to three plastics makers and gives the contract to the one that agrees to make aftermarket plastics in a variety of colors. Done.
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    UFO and Polisport both sell Husqvarna plastics....Black, White and Red are all available for the 449/511, for instance.

[IMG]
  9. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Then why are people asking for Husky to build bikes in a variety of color choices like a car company ? Bottomline, it's an aftermarket issue not a Husky issue. If cars and trucks could have $150 plastic kit to change their color the auto makers would never have more than one color coming off the assembly line.

So many things go into the decisions surrounding what and how many models to bring to market and at what cost to us. This just isn't one they will ever consider.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    smart cars have some easily interchangable panels....

The subject came up in relation to Husqvarna branding... once upon a time they used different colors for different sizes with the shiny gas tank 'insert' as a common theme....

I know of one dealer who is happy to help you mix and match body panels/fenders when, or after, you buy a bike. But, yes you can do it yourself with different plastic or stickers...
  11. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    But weren't those days before the age of 200 225 267 275 310 400 449 511 513 516 517 etc etc... and thats just the 2 stroke models ! :)
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks.

This message is for Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, and KTM North America, and up to and including Mr Pierer.

• This site, Cafe Husky.com, was started for one purpose - to help the Husqvarna riders.
    • The best way I know of to help the Husqvarna riders is to increase sales.
    • It would be great if we could work together to increase sales in the future, and obviously to support the riders in other ways.
    • There will be many that will mourn that passing of the Italian era, as many mourned the passing of the Swedish era.
    • Some people who would have bought an Italian Husqvarna, will not want to buy a Husqvarna in the future. Others will probably come to take their place. Life will move on.
    MikeB, Lincolnlock, Blazes and 11 others like this.
  15. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Amen to that, and while you're at it, how about a homologated Husqvarna 450 motocrosser so you can sign RV and make Husky a Supercross contender?
    Tinken likes this.
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We need the other Ryan....let's keep it in the family :D.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Racing, customer service, marketing all must be standalone ... Just a few words from the man on the inside setting all this up internally for Husqvarna and its customers ... He said more good words also ...
    Thanks for that posting and its speaks volume for the Husqvarana Crowd ... :banana:

Amen and maybe not RV, but a SX Husqvarna contender will happen ... And a MX contender will be there also ... The Husky faithful has only gotta be patient on this one :)
    BILLF and panhandlebars like this.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    And here is the email I just got about the journal - it could be that they may not be mailing those to individuals based on the wording.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE.

CONTACT: Scott Cox / Resmarket, Inc. contact@resmarket.com phone 760-436-9937

Summer 2013 Husqvarna Motorcycle Journal Is Out
    Pick up a copy of the latest Husky magazine at your local Husqvarna Motorcycle dealer!

Corona, CA - June 24, 2013 - Hot off the press, get the newest release of the Husqvarna Motorcycle Journal! The Summer 2013 issue is dedicated to "Going The Distance" with a nod to our street-legal motorcycles, the TE dual-sports and the TR dual-purpose models. Also get an inside look at the Husqvarna 1-2-5 Challenge at Glen Helen, as well as news and interviews from the races, upcoming Husqvarna events and much more!

What's in the Summer 2013 Husqvarna Motorcycle Journal:

TE vs. TR... Dual-sport vs. dual-purpose... what is the difference and which is the bike for you? Take our "Dual Curious" quiz on page 15 and find out.

The first-ever Husqvarna 1-2-5 Challenge is in the books! Check out the racers and machinery of the epic eighth-liter pro race that was the highlight of the MTA 2-Stroke MX World Championship!

Think you know your Husky history? Take a look back at legacy of the brand in our new Retrospect section.

Husqvarna RiDE MORE Collection - live it, wear it with genuine Husky vintage apparel and race wear. Check out the casual collection and see your dealer for newly lowered pricing.

Aftermarket Showcase: You might be surprised to see how many retailers now offer parts and accessories for Husqvarna TE and TR motorcycles.

All this and more waits in the pages of the latest Summer Husqvarna Motorcycle Journal. Pick one up at your local Husqvarna Motorcycle dealer. Find a dealer

Or check it out online at heroesridehuskys.com/journal/13HusqJournal-Summer_web.pdf.

For more information on the entire 2013 line of
    Husqvarna motorcycles, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest participating dealer now to take advantage of Spring Fever discounts of up to $2500 on remaining inventory!

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.

Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
    Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC

Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross and AMA West Hare Scrambles Series. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2013 Husqvarna CR125, TC250R, TXC250R and TXC310R off-road models.

###
    Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
    371 Corporate Terrace Circle, Suite 102
    Corona, CA 92879 USA
    ###
    Submitted by: Resmarket, Inc., Box 231765, Encinitas, CA 92023-1765
  19. huskyista Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX 250S, KLR 650
    I have heard some hot talk about the fate of our beloved bikes.

a. the WR 300 will not be sold in the US in the future

b. that the workers in the Husky plant located in Italy were laid off

c. that Husqvarna will replace Husaberg and the Bergs will be done away with i.e. it will be KTM and Husky without the Berg

Can anyone shed some light on these assertions?:confused:
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I merged you thread with one of the many other threads on the subject. Might want to scan page several pages and see what has been happening.

In addition I made this thread a sticky so I can find it easier.