Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    When you buy a motorcycle, do you expect or allow others to tell you what you can or cannot do with it? The man bought a motorcycle company. Let him do with it as he wants. Perhaps you can start your own motorcycle company and hire those 240 Italians? Be forewarned, however. They haven't a clue how to grease a bearing or torque a bolt, and their wiring harnesses look like they were made by crack-smoking squirrels.
    4eyes, 454x and Radar like this.
  2. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...guess you haven't taken apart many other manufacturer models (grease and torque statement) grease must be a scarce commodity everywhere...at least the last 35 years I've worked on them..and I am not just talking about my past 15+ Husqvarnas...from Aprilia to Zundapp.I call Honda mx'rs "wobble wheels" cuz they can't keep spokes tight and Suzuki/Kawies have seen a lot of loose sprocket bolts...just DON'T get me started on KTM :eek: ...oh boy.Can't say I had a problem with Husky's wiring...most of it is done at the factory,but if you run enduro lighting and such,the dealer does most of that...I prefer to do my own...
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. scotty Husqvarna
    A Class

The story I got from a UK ktm dealer was that there was no
    time to develop a Husky for 2014, so they will be re badged
    Berg/ktms He also said another Italian manufacturer was in talks
    about buying the factory (not sure who) He's also very sure that for
    2015 they will be developing Huskys and they wont be re badged
    ktms. He also said I'll be able to get my spares from him before
    long.
    New 250 2smoke freeride for next year and FI on their 2smokes
    in the next two years.

Scotty
  4. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300

I heard that Husky was testing a 500 2T fuel injected bike a couple of summers ago. The FI apparently is easier to develop on the big bore. I wonder if BMW was to scared to put that new tech to market and KTM was to scared not to have it.
    4eyes likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    With all the respect in the world for everyone involved ...

This 2t FI saga has gone about far enough for me at least... First, if it does happen, ever, its gonna take yrs apparently to test it correctly and that will be the public doing the testing because the crap these factories have put forth on for 4t machines has been 1 notch above a joke and apparently not tested well or tested any at the factory ... How could your testing not find that the fuel pump falls off in the tank?

Second, it is not gonna be the 2t we ride now ... They are gonna be complex, probably very expensive, and we know right now, they are not gonna run correctly unless God himself steps in and writes the code and buckles the fuel pump down ...

My favorite pic and I like shooting it at every 2t FI fictional story to keep ones feet planted in reality, today, at this precise moment in 2t history ...And no, that is not me on that bad a$$ Husky sold by BMP ... Its my pretty much ~stock 250cc bike and my racer rider friend on board. He whips lots of 4t machines on this model bike. He's not worried about a fictional 2t FI bike ... You know, because he is racing in the real world. I'll be out today on this non-fictional, 250cc 2t machine today, surveying real flood damage in real time.
    102_4525.JPG
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Nope, non-fiction is all too hard for most of us ... We'll just continue to bitch&cry about the real world stuff that is made for us to trade our hard-earned (at least for some of us) $$ on ... Or just dream something up to make our life interesting?

--
    I guess that makes us dreamers :) ... Thats OK, but, you know, you gotta wake up from your dreams one day and face reality.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll add one more unique view point on 2t bikes and racing ... Personally, I was OK with FI 2t bikes because I thought it would bring them back into ama racing ... FI DI is not needed ... 250cc 2t or what CC size bikes are back in ama MX racing ... All these 2t bikes need is a RV2, RD5, Stew, AS29 or some other top rider on them and these bikes will run with the 4fitty rigs ... So, after giving 2t DI machines actual thought ... I'm not with them ... They are not needed except for CA folks who dwell on the air we breath and others like them ... If they manufacture them, fine ... But some of us already know what a 2t engine is all about ...

--
    ibm, bmw, honda, intel, m$, and other white collar entities of this size, are not afraid ... These guys will hedge bets to minimize loss, but it is not boogie man fear that drives this.
    john01 likes this.
  8. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I have the TXC 449 and a WB 165. IMHO the most effective way to improve the two stoke would be to put CTS on it
    4eyes likes this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Great idea and that might be the ticket ... My 2t bike can use more traction ...

--
    That is a bmw type move :) ...

With that said ... Everything, almost ~everything is built off something previous ... bmw showed the good side of the CTS ... Since I'm not a PRO rider, all their complaints and their dislikes, probably does not matter to me ... Coming through a 250cc powerband is not always successful, exciting yes, but not always quick ... I'd trade something for some traction ... ESP on these small MX tracks here...

EDIT: And the downside \ showstopper is the engine ... with that design, it might only work with specific frames and we have seen how these companies let many use an engine, so the frame has to be designed for it specifically ... The big upSide is, if is accepted across many bikes, you just b-slapped the JAP makers and that has been stated as job #1 with the new owners ... Myself, I'm tired of chain stretch and would be glad to trade off that PIA ...
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Why did you feel compelled to make this purposely inflammatory statement about the Italian workers who are loosing their jobs over this situation, especially when this thread is one they would most likely be reading?
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    They actually have their own page on Facebook called "This Is Husqvarna".
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I will tell you you are WRONG about Italians and greasing a motorcycle. My Beta has lots of grease. You can see it on the axles and swing arm for sure.
    454x and water racer like this.
  13. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    Personally when I hear Pierer saying "softer", I hear less high-strung and more reliable. For those of us who are looking for a dual-sport, and don't race, and have been leery of the brand, I think that is a good thing.
    Time will tell.
    Radbuster and Mike-AK like this.
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hope you are wrong I hope they built a full on race bike I see Husaberg as a extention of KTM more on the race side When race bikes get a few years old they become trail off road bikes as the market get better. Even if you do not race , having a bike that is bread to do so can make your trail ride better
    How many people on here thought they wanted a Wr 125 only to convert it to a CR
    454x likes this.
  15. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    The funny thing is, the bearings have very little grease because that the way it's supposed to be. When most people reassemble their linkages, or steering head, they way over grease everything.
    vintageveloce likes this.
  16. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I guess I don't see your point. If Husqvarna didn't want to be sold, it's owner shouldn't have put it up for sale. I think the bashing of the guy that bought it is far worse than anything I have written. Would it have been better for the company to die and all of us left with no support? Read your own website for plenty of comments about new bikes with no grease, electrical problems, and improperly torqued fasteners. Is re-stating the truth inflammatory? If so, then I am sorry.
    454x and Motosportz like this.
  17. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

One of the bikes we were allowed to see at the R&D facility in Austria was a 2 stroke Freeride. For the record it had a carb on it..but there were several things with covers on them during our tour.
    4eyes likes this.
  18. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

The people who are bashing the Italians and the bikes they built, you have got what you wanted !
    There is no more Factory, no more Husqvarna.
    Any future new bikes will be built in the KTM Factory using KTM parts.

This talk of "new" bikes etc... They will be rebadged KTMs (as were Husabergs).
    Sure there may be some differences but Engine, Frame, Suspension is what counts.
    The MX race teams are existing KTM teams who will swap over to the "Huskys" .
    They will need to change Graphics and away they go !

Some may see this as a good thing, but if KTMs / Husabergs are so great why didn't you buy one instead of your Husky ?
    Many think this is a sad time and are sad to see the end of an era.
    Many feel compassionately about the hundreds of people around the world who have lost their jobs.
    Many loved riding a great handling bike and saw the fact that it was a little different as a huge bonus.

Don't be fooled to think KTMs are without their problems, there are Forums like this with dozens of issues.

I for one don't think the grass will be greener on the other side !
    MikeB, john01, water racer and 7 others like this.
  19. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    :thumbsup:
    street2dirt likes this.
  20. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    In most situations it's just a different shade of green. :)
    oregonsage and Coffee like this.