Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Good point.

I bet we'll see the Bajaj built Husky's in Au' next to the KTM Duke thats on our roads now.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm seeing the latter part of that statement here on Cebu now ...Just started seeing this a few months back ... I'll stop and get some pics of what ever Husky bike that might show up here in a nice clean showroom...
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I wouldn't doubt it if something is quite a bit different. Maybe it will be the 690 motor as a start for 2014. They can share the same parts and have a completely different feel. Look what husky did with the 449/511 and terra/strada. Obviously the first year may not be a complete overhaul but really even if the frame is different and slight engine mods it can bring a new bike feel. Heck even suspension changes seem to make a heck of a difference like the husaberg with the 4cs forks.

In my short time being into Husky they've turned crap into gold. All it takes is an open minded engineer and KTM's parts bin.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds like Husky might get back to doing what it was intended to do

BUILD RACE BIKES gone will be the fu fu bike with suitcases on the side
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Branching out with a fu fu bike may be smart with that 690 motor. Those types of bikes are in right now and would help sales which means more racing ;)
    Arctra, oregonsage and Coffee like this.
  6. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

those "fu fu bikes" are actually earning the money for for manufacturers' race activities. no "fu fu bikes", no race teams.

r
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Exactly.
    Big and Husky and oregonsage like this.
  8. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    Looks like that Maico is made of completely new "old" parts, by that I mean new production of old pieces. Even the frame appears to be a new part because its not exactly like an '81 Maico, very close, but not identical.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    If had an extra 10k laying round, id get one.
  10. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I'd spend $10k on that before I paid $10k for a modern 450.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    You can do that if you're not careful...just find an old one and start restoring.
    4eyes and 454x like this.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I sure miss the days of watching guys on the tracks with the old maicos, bultacos, czs, pentons and huskys.

I think I smelled castrol r mile way!
    oregonsage, 4eyes and Dirtdame like this.
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Exactly the feeling I get at a Vintage race...even the 4-strokes smell like Castrol :)
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

640 690 are KTM bikes BWM tried to build some with the 650 But it was a BMW thing not a Husky thing
    Just face it Husky was know world wide as a RACe BIKE company BMW tried to change that and looked what happened Husaberg is a RACEbike Enduro off shoot of KTM Now Husky and Husaberg are one SO please built race bike Leave the FUFU stuff to KTM I heard the upper mangement of Husaberg Hates when they are compaired to KTM The people at Husaberg want nothing more then to beat KTM
    So let s build some bike and go racing You want a trail bike or Adventure bike KTM builds them.
    Husky is a race bike company and i hope it stays that way
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    One of reports posted said the 690 motor will be in the line up during his interview...
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

How does adding a few street and adventure bikes take away from the brand? It is actually those models that they really make money on to afford the race program not the other way around. Quads, side by sides, scotters, light weight street bikes are what sell and make money. Dirt race bikes are probably a break even prospect at best.

And, prepare yourself to see indian built "Duke" 3rd workd commuters (125, 250,390) and the sort with husky logos on them. Already been part of the discussion.

Its a bold new world for husky with nearly zero Swede, Cagiva or BMW huskys left and replaced by KTM models.

Lets be completely honest with ourselves, husky as we knew it is dead. We lost a brand and huskys are now KTM/Bergs with husky stickers on them. Yes they will evolve into something more and probably cool just as Berg has been doing. You want a new husky go buy a KTM or Berg and get on with it. Some will embrace this some will not just like when Cagiva started slapping husky logos on their bikes after that buyout.
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Because They have KTM now go build the other bike there. Husaberg builds Competition Enduro bikes
    so if Husaberg and Husky are to be one then my hope would be to continue to do just that.Build Race Bikes and go racing.Husaberg now Husky is a small nich market why go to all the trouble of supporting another line of bike only to have the same bike avalible in orange.from the sister company I only hope for the best and will try to support the brand no matter how they do it.
    The thought of a Quad,Side by side Adventure bike being built by Husky when they can do that at KTM
    is just hard to understand
    Bottom line time will tell untill then we all can wait and see
    Motosportz likes this.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The last direct link to Swedish Huskys, died with the 630...... It still used the same frame design, as the first single shock, Swedish bikes of the 80's. My '86 250WR, '87 430WR, '93 WXC350, '01 TE400 and '03 TE610E, use the same basic frame. The bottom end of my '82 250WR is strikingly similar to the bottom end of both my single cam/left kick 4T Cagiva bikes and my Swedish water cooled 2T bikes. When BMW killed the 630 for the 650, they broke that last link to Swedish Huskys. Was that a bad thing? I don't think so and I'm happy with my KTM sourced Husaberg 2T bike. I embrace the future with KTM, just as I embraced it before with Cagiva and BMW.
  19. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Black frames, white plastic, blue and yellow graphics.
    Motovet45 likes this.
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I prefer a white frame myself. Looks great on my 2011 TE310.

Personally, I don't think blue and yellow belong on the Husky. It's not remotely swedish. The Austrian flag is red and white...