Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Sarcasm? :confused:
    Tinken likes this.
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Frames perhaps, but weren't the engines made by Kymco in Korea?
  3. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

there is no such thing as an " upper husqberg management". why? because there's no such thing as a "husaberg company".

ever tried to send a letter to husaberg? their address is:
    KTM-Sportmotorcycle AG
    Division HUSABERG
    Stallhofnerstrasse 3
    A-5230 Mattighofen
    (link)

take a look at the cross industries organization chart here. no husaberg.
    then take a look at the ktm organization chart here. only a husaberg distribution ("vertrieb") company.
    there is no such thing as a "husaberg company".

r
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Not the 250/310s.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Don't fret ... This owner is a proven race guy and he's gonna throw the Huskies in the middle of every MX track around the globe ... Apparently in short order ...You are seeing the bikes' purpose in the future more granular than me I think ...
    --

Not sure on who is left at Berg currently as workers, but there is still a line somewhere between the 2 (ktm\SP) companies that might can be exploited by SP and his renegade Berg clan (whoever they might be) and all the Husqvarna branded bikes come out smelling good.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Husaberg is a better bike than the recent Husky's. If I would have had an extra $3K I would have bought one instead of my 310. I think the new Husky's are going to be awesome.
    PBM457, dave lindsey and 454x like this.
  7. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Our new KTM/Husaberg /Husqvarna rep dropped in yesterday and introduced himself. Chuck Wiley has been with KTM for awhile and a long service for Suzuki before that. Hes been around awhile and seems to be a real nice guy and easy to deal with. He added a little news whats coming up soon to be announced and enjoyed our shop. When news pops up I can speak about I will let you all know, but it will probably be on the Husky website anyway. A good feeling overall for things coming. Jason Dahners our previous rep and friend is in dealer development now so we still talk alot and will miss him as our sales rep. Jason was a get 'err done guy and has been a great help.
    72racerx, oregonsage, JonXX and 3 others like this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Cmon Tinken are you kidding me Italia is world famous for beautiful women..and crazy guys that worship and persue them by all means necessary...whens the last time a Sophia Loren, Monica Bellucci, Alessandra Ambrosio was an Austrian?
    Drink espresso get spooled up!!, built full on passion based motor vehicles, build Ferraris, Lambos,ALFA Romeo, and even FIAT, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, TMs, Bucci moto, Beta, Fantic motor make accosato, domino, surflex, Adige kite, AIROH, VEMAR , Verlicchi, DM Telai,termignoni, HM Moto, Valenti Racing, create world famous, fashion/textiles/robotics to name only a few...
    etc etc etc Add food as an art, to that....how many Austrian restaurants have you seen lately

Austria has , KTM and RedBull............and good skiers and ski areas but so does Italy.

Oh by the way most of the sourced parts on KTM are Italian (controls) as well as more important Japanese components (wheels, ignition, FI)
    KTM is a chassis manufacturer (and contract with other corps as well) builts radiators and contracts those out too, and builds engines (which are world class as we know), WP can be grouped into KTM I would say as well.
    KTM is model for smart marketing and niche filling to build a foundation to step out of the niche to challenge in the premier/major league of offroad (as well as forays into road stuff as well)

Tinken struck a fun nerve... Fact is Italians have arguably the largest moto source and moto cottage manufacturing in the world.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great to hear Bill. :thumbsup:
  10. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry, but I have to ask how you came to this conclusion ?
    Vinduro likes this.
  11. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    If I'm not mistaken Husky started out making "fufu bikes" (with suitcases on the side)...

[IMG]

Personally, I've preferred the race bikes since my first husky i got on my 11th birthday

[IMG]
  12. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    I'm stoked to hear this!!
    I have been meaning to call Jason & ask him if he has & job or not. He will be great as a dealer development guy.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Look guys, while I certainly find the pictures I just deleted to be of interest, anyone can copy/paste things from other parts of the internet - and I certainly did not start this site so it could be 'yet another sausage fest' like so many sites are on the internet.

Let's focus on the bikes.
    4eyes, Johnrg, Boogie and 2 others like this.
  14. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

how about Husky sausage???

[IMG]
    Tinken, 454x and Mike-AK like this.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    For about $40 Husky could have put the 6 speed back in the big 2 strokes and solved the one big spec sheet deficiency.

For another $40 they could have given us the whole 360. There is something KTM doesnt have in their parts bin.
    Captnemo and ray_ray like this.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That bike you are calling fuuf looks really sturdy ... Might still be good for deer hunting trips maybe. We gotta go 3rd party on that clutch lever ...

--
    Repeat posting here but I gotta believe the motocross history below is what some of us (and SP) are seeing as the history \ roots of the bike ... Got a good American ( \ ama ) angle to it also .... Mikkola MX racing is about thought #1 in the sport for me so I'm down on this one ....

In 1966 Edison Dye had the brilliant idea to promote his Husqvarna distribution business by bringing over established motocross stars to show what the Swedish machines could really do. His idea was a huge success and lead to the explosion of motocross here during the seventies. Edison Dye is the Father of American motocross.
    [IMG]

No training required? This will drag in riff-raft for sure ...
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I eagerly await the formation of some AMA Husqvarna teams with top 10 talent.
  18. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  19. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Better yet, focus on the buy out.