Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me too
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I dont think thats a real issue, the bikes are all ready homologated as KTMs, besides the OEM just needs to provide machines(they have plenty) and PAY(they also have plenty)
    oregonsage likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    An Italian Nuda, I'm always game for that.........
    4eyes and Mike-AK like this.
  4. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you may have the colour scheme wrong with any red in it...

I dont want a KTM with a Husky badge on it either but I think the Dealers are going to be realy frustrated by this changeover.
    KTM have always beeen high pressure on the dealers here in the UK when Husqvarna seemed to give a little more room. What is going to happen where you have a Husqvarna dealer with a KTM Husaberg dealer down the road...

The KTM Husaberg dealers were never really interested in Husky and many of them talked down the brand, even with the results that Husqvarna have had in Europe and the UK the past few years, (Husky 1st in all three main classes in the BESC this year) now they are going to have to eat their words and you know what they are going to say, 'Its ok customer, its just a KTM/Husaberg with a new badge on it. Sorry Husaberg fans, you werent a big enough market share...'

I hope Husqvarna doesnt become a 2nd hand last years KTM. It spoiled Husaberg.

Rant over :)
    Motosportz and guscycle like this.
  5. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    We rode a 2013 TE250 Berg last week to see what the fuss was all about, and found out that the suspension is really good and the brakes are better than what we are used to.
    Of course I'm speaking about, compared to our beloved '07 and '08 125's.
    I'm anxiously awaiting the "real" 2014 Hooska offerings.
    I'm keeping an open mind because at the end of the day, I'm a Husqvarna fanatic, no matter what happens.
  6. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    A red head Italian Nuda. wait...are we talking about bikes?
    mnb and 4eyes like this.
  7. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    17138_normal.jpg

new =
    KTM 250 two strocke
    "free ride " 2014 !
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    This thread should be renamed "Rumors, Conjecture, Wispers, and Disagreements about the KTM purchase of Husky"
    Indorider, typeone, Xcuvator and 4 others like this.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I actually just bought a magazine from the UK and they interviewed a few big wigs for the write up. They praised BMW for trying and said they had a few really passionate people but just couldn't get more money from corporate to push forward. I also like how he mentioned youth bikes will be out immediately. I started off on a Yamaha and always been a fan. Hell, I played with GI Joes as a kid and then joined the Army...lol

They are extremely passionate and it's really cool to see that the big wigs are willing to do whatever it takes. We'll even get a 690 version for the terra lovers from what was implied earlier here and reiterated in this article. Husky is going to start with slight mods to make it it's own company and the goal is to make it it's own company within 3-5 years. It's big money and they're simply starting off like BMW but are going to finish the deal and truly break away from KTM.

They also talked about how race teams are immediately necessary. Their goal is to not only keep you older guys that remember the brand for what it is but snatch up the new kids through youth programs and brand awareness with full blown race teams.

As much as I love to hate them for killing my dream bike (449), I really can't. They're all in and I guess I am too. The only question I really have to ask myself is why do I really like Husqvarna? A big appeal has always been that its a small brand yet affordable. Will I continue to love Husky when it's the big six? It certainly will be in the near future.
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    My Mom didnt like when I played with GI Joes as a kid. I had to play with them at my neighbor's house. They also wouldnt let me ride anything with a motor in it cuz they said I was too crazy on my BMX and skateboard.
    Go figure...I joined the Army 20 years ago and I now own my 20th motorcycle.
    Anyway, I agree with you on this and Im excited for the future of Husky.
    454x and LandofMotards like this.
  11. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    As to the news aspect.

It doesn't seem that many 2014 husaberg bikes are going to be available. They have been delivered to dealers but the dealers I spoke to on the phone didn't seem to think there were going to be any more in warehouses. I am not sure any ,well on the two stroke side, will be available by the time we know how similar or dis simalar the Husqvarna versions are.

One can get two going extinct decal sets 110 year red husqvarna ones and 25 year husaberg ones. Maybe someone else can comment if the 2014 husqvarna models will be available in mass and have last years model special deals as many are accustomed to.

I find the parts pricing is kind of missing or minimal in this kind of thread on here. It is a reason at least one newer dealership chose Husqvarna over Husaberg. Everyone has their own experiences, I tended to enter enduros on the last row and can't help listen to the guys in other rows talk.
    http://support.ktm-parts.com/entries/21599645-Husqvarna-Parts-Warehouse-Transition this is the warehouse move news I stumbled across but don't recall noted on here.
  12. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T

Oh yeah, did I mention my Husqvarna chain saw, leaf blower, 2 weed wackers and a push mower? Yeah, it's that bad! LOL
    Just sayin'...
    2premo, mnb and James Patton like this.
  13. panhandlebars Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm200sold!klx125&drz 70 kids
    Yeah ... I doubt we will see the big "H" logo cast on the hubs...at least by 2015 models...bummer ...
  14. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
  15. Skoalman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 & 83 HUS 430WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maico, Penton, KTM, DKW, Rokon, BUL
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Re photoshop that thing... Pit Beirer says the bikes will be white.....I may have to pay up on all my 'blue' bets.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    White and yellow. I'd rather they stick with the sexy red but I'm not calling the shots :D
    Ken Hynes likes this.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Yellow I can do; I started racing on Suzuki's
    454x likes this.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My '93 WXC350... Simple, understated and very classy.[IMG]
    4eyes, sabortooth, Colo moto and 11 others like this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man I love that platform. Vibrators but FUN. You were smart enough to keep yours, wish I had. Funny, was just looking at pix of mine today. BTW mine was a beast. Did not know I was buying a up-tite fire breathing monster but found out later. Felt like 70hp. Rode it in the tight slimy woods. :eek: Was a learning curve.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    bigjon likes this.