Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shopping for lightly used 09/10 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    350SXF 530EXC 300XC 525EXC 525MXC
    Oh let me guess.... you hate KTMs... some of you Husky guys really gotta lighten up. :lol:

90% rider... 10% bike.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Been off this for awhile and see things haven't changed much. Kind of like stopping by the bar once every 6 monthes year after year and the same guys are there!!! Unless dead of course. To gus. Just a little more tact and you may have it. Jeff AKA Bolt 90% rider 10% bike. I beg to differ by a little but not much! And really, yes of course there are guys who dislike KTM's as there are guys who dislike Husqvarna's. They are rival bikes and passion can run amiss. But you could have a little more tact as well. As a educated consumer. In the next 2 years we shall see who sticks with Husqvarna and who does not. For whatever reason. Cagiva?? At this point I have no idea or speculation and am enjoying time with my 3 and half year old son. Watch what you say on this sight. I sent a private message to a contributor who was making statements pertaining to me directly that I thought was unprofessional and got booted off the sight.................................... Yes private message. We minus well all lighten up. Husqvarna did ALL of this to themselves................ Note on the 1991 KTM..Yes a very ugly bike and that is the year they were to file bankrupt and go under if my mind serves me correctly. Note to self.... It does go to show that with and inferior product and proper marketing, distribution, magazine ringer bikes and a checkbook you can completely turn around something that should be doomed. Kudos KTM...................Not going to lose sleep over it. There should always be low hour Italian Husky's for sale for as long as I'm around and in 5 or 10 years no one will remember anyway...............
    Blazes likes this.
  3. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650

Really? I hadn't heard about this. Anymore info would be appreciated. ....BTW, without the GeenSticker money, how will California fund all the non-OHV park system.....:rolleyes:
  4. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shopping for lightly used 09/10 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    350SXF 530EXC 300XC 525EXC 525MXC
    Jeff I'll try to find something in writing... but I work directly with the SBNF and the Green Sticker Grants manager for this area. It's common knowledge among our group that the program sunsets in 2016. I just can't remember if it's Dec 31 or Jan 1.

I suspect the state will renew it if for no other reason they get to keep diverting our funds. It's the only budget in this state with a positive cash flow.
    robertaccio and 454x like this.
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:)
    Without the orange people .... who would the opposition be? Think we should be (slightly) grateful to have them around. AND ... they´re a permanent proof of our superiority. :) :thumbsup: :banana:
    Dirtdame and LandofMotards like this.
  6. fredd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 kx 450f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 chopper
    did you hate mexico?are you racist.
  7. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 Rm125,78 Rm125, 80 RM125...KTM
    Heres a 2014 i saw in a dealer last week allready sold. camera2013 339.jpg
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  9. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    "?" ..is your name Al Sharpton?
    NYCMX and Dirtdame like this.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

were you asleep in 92? same but the fork guards.
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

back to sexy bikes and hope for the future and nothing about the state of the nation please folks
    4eyes, Dirtdame and robertaccio like this.
  12. PBM457 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350SXF 2004 RM250
    I hope we get a glimps of the MX variant at the MXDN this weekend. I know it's called the MXON now, but I'm stuck in the old frame of mind.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

suposed to in the form of 2 stroke 300 or so they say..............:popcorn::excuseme:
  14. fredd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 kx 450f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 chopper
    why you said that hahaha.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    How about some good news? Manufacturers and anodizers and metal suppliers around here are CRAZY busy like more so than in a LONG time. All the CNC machine guys i know are turning work away and are uber busy. Good stuff.
  16. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Hey ColoMoto I think this is calling your name....http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/4077916369.html
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What belonged together, belongs together!
    After 25 years of independence, 2013 marks the date in which Husaberg returns to Husqvarna and forms the "new" Husqvarna – excellent bikes with a unique story. A mixture of tradition, history, style and racing.

Or so Husaberg says on Facebook today. And apparently Husaberg didn't announce this to their customers until 6 hours ago. I have seen some upset customers over this whole merger, but nothing like I did today.

[IMG]
  19. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    We must have a better grapevine up here in the NW as all the 'berg folks and dealers I know have been in the know. Maybe the announcement was just a new opportunity to vent...or maybe regular facebook users are disconnected from reality :-)
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    From some of the insults directed at Husqvarna, you could tell they were oblivious to the fact that they ride KTMs.
    4eyes, Dirtdame, 454x and 3 others like this.