Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. panhandlebars Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm200sold!klx125&drz 70 kids
  2. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    So is it a motoX model or enduro 250 with a big bore kit?
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Based off a 250SX MX model, with a SXS Powerparts 300 kit.
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Coffee likes this.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    He's the only person that was ever accurate with the end of the world lol
  7. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lots of words providing very little information. More of a "Thinking of you." note.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/news-detail.php?id=228&y=2013
    Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH - the start of Husqvarna's exciting, new future

Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH, the newly formed company of KTM AG, is fully operational and ready to begin worldwide delivery of the new model range of Husqvarna motorcycles.

Six months after the acquisition of Husqvarna Motorcycles by Pierer Industrie AG, Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH is pleased to announce that today it is fully operational and will soon begin distributing the 2014 Husqvarna model range – motocross, enduro, and minicycles – in collaboration to his 14 subsidiaries and 46 importers worldwide.

The start of Husqvarna’s exciting new future begins now
    Based in Mattighofen, Austria, Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH will be a ‘sister’ company of KTM Sportmotorcycle AG, with new generation Husqvarna machinery benefitting from direct association with KTM group – Europe’s largest motorcycle manufacturer operating from one of the world’s newest, state-of-the-art production facilities.

United by state-of-the-art technology and the very latest manufacturing methods, Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH will feature new, exciting, and exclusive design. Production in Mattighofen ensures Husqvarna will benefit from the expertise and experience of today’s offroad market leaders, while developing its own unique style and character.

The wait is over. New Husqvarna’s unveiled on October 5th
    2014 model Husqvarna enduro and motocross models will be unveiled to the world’s motorcycling press at the start of October. Offering not only the chance to see the new generation Husqvarna models for the first time, journalists will be able to ride the new machines at the famous Uddevalla circuit in Sweden from October 5-11. Husqvarna 2014 models will be arriving at dealer floors in Europe from the beginning of November.

Mr. Stefan Pierer, (CEO, Chairman of the Executive Board at KTM AG): “These are extremely exciting times for Husqvarna. Over the last six months work has been on going in preparation of the arrival of the new Husqvarna models, and that day is here. Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH, with its enduro, motocross, and minicycles brings Husqvarna back with an exciting new model line-up – one that will profit from the professionalism, experience, and knowledge of the KTM group. We have ambitious plans for Husqvarna in terms of both production machinery and sporting success, all of which starts with the delivery of the 2014 model range – a significant moment in the new chapter of Husqvarna motorcycles.”

8. Howlan Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Husqvarna 2014 models will be arriving at dealer floors in Europe from the beginning of November." So have to ask when will we see these in the US, anyone have any info?
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    US Dealers will be the last to know...
  10. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am sort of excited for this change. I have a KTM now and really enjoy it. Its not perfect, but neither are the Huskys. I went the KTM route because I perceived that KTMs would simply be easier to get into shape to ride -- more aftermarket support, more info etc.. Looking back, there was probably enough Husky support -- but for me [and others I suspect], there is safety in numbers. This move puts Husky squarely in the mainstream IMHO.

What I am hoping is the Huskyheads here put their time and energy into these new bikes and come up with solutions to the uniquely KTM issues [just like they did for the Husky related issues]. Ergos of KTMs funny? How about a clever fix? Don't like the stability? How about new triple clamps or something... Make sense?

I guess I just see this as an oportunity to do the same thing folks did before. Sure the platform is different -- but the opportunities to create something unique is still there. I hope the passion people had before is placed into these new bikes. I will be buying one in the near future and would be bummed if I can't look her for help. Just my $0.02.
    PBM457, adam6402, Blazes and 3 others like this.
  11. trevo24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 310 R 2013
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting shock

and linkage again, I like this trend. :thumbsup:
  13. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am really interested to see if the enduro versions get linkage... that's what I am hoping for.
  14. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    Shock is WP Trax (competitor to Öhlins TTX, but not nearly as great).
  15. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    More carbon fiber sub frame and the FC, must be the new TC. :( I mean the bike looks good, but damn it all as it's not an x-lite platform.
  16. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only

YES !!!
    5 OCTOBER 2013
    NEWS HUSQVARNA IN SWEDEN
    :applause:

thumb-Husqvarna_Logo_horizontal_pos_4c.jpg

dancingbaby.gif
  17. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    What happened to the new Husky TC 250f ? Heard it was ready to go into production ?
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Not sure what you mean but i would expect modified bergs in the entire lineup and no italian inspired models at all.
  19. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My custom built By Fast Bike Industries Ohlins TTX Rear Shock is the BEST MONEY CAN BUY
    JonXX likes this.
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just wait till Zip Ty Racing gets a hold of a few these new bikes and works there magic

Sorrie guys you will have to wait in line as I already left a deposit for the first avalible bike
    It will be a 300 2 stroke
    4eyes, robertaccio and MikeB like this.