1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any news about 2013 ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2099 TE310 with SHOWA forks
    Aus acounted for 17.17% of husky's worldwide sales last year yhis was more sales than 09 where it acounted for 29%. Strangely I can not find any official figures for north america, they only seem to report as a % on the previous years sales. Of which I din't know what they were either.....
    If anyone knows what they are i'm interested to know.
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's why I said, make it an option.
  3. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I have my fingers and toes crossed for Keihin fuel injection in 2013 and a revised e-start system on the TXC models. Other than that, I love the bike just the way it is!
  4. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

I own a TXC310 and it is ALMOST perfect. The MX transmission if great for most riding but - for the riding we do in the western US desert - it NEEDS a lower 1st gear and a taller 6th gear. If just those 2 gears were available I'd buy them. The lack of such gearing is the biggest reason I think about getting a different bike = and a lot of the guys I know won't buy one - even after riding mine and being TOTALLY impressed with the power and handling.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. Why not just make the TXC that bike. WR trans and big tank option. Sell more bikes / not effecting other markets that don't want the WR and tank. Sell way more bikes here. And no were not guessing, we hear it ALL THE TIME.
    kiwitxc, oregonsage and Phoenix like this.
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I think the main issue with with the close ratio trans pertaining to the TE's is when you're riding on the street or fire roads. Unless you mean
    make the TXC the American version of the TE. That would be a cool idea. Give the TXC a wide ratio, a bigger tank and make it street legal.
    To the point about using the TE's for what their intended use is, which you say is racing and leave them just how they are. I think if they were
    to widen 5th and 6th (which is what most of us are suggesting) it would benefit all. I ride mainly single-track woods trails where I rarely get out of
    second gear. I'm not sure what type of racing you're using the TE's for in England but assuming it's Enduro I wouldn't think that you're using 5th and 6th
    that often. If you did get into open straights where 5th and 6th would be possible then having a wider spread might benefit you as well. Just my two cents...
    Ruffus and Rearwheelin like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    KTM has wide ratio trans and big tanks and wins everything and sells a lot more.
  8. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Come on husky , just copy the Husaberg gearing ! TE449/511 share the same 2nd & 5th as a berg ! ..... That would be two easy . I think they should lower first threw third and get to widening 4-6th....... With the 13-51t gearing I have on mine 3rd gear starts aren't a problem in racing , it's when you need 3 shifts to go from 30mph-50mph !! I like the first 3 gears honestly :)
  9. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

So if it suits your needs and is so good, buy one !

You will be happy, and we wont have to read the same old posts about, "Dual Sport", 10 Gallon Tanks, Luggage Racks, Mirrors, WR gearboxes, Passenger Pegs, where to mount the sidecar ! etc... for a RACE BIKE !

One other small point, TEs won the Enduro World Championship in both E1 and E2 (thats 250s and 450s for you Trail Riders) and Honda the E3( over 475s ), so KTM didnt win anything last year at WORLD level ! See what can happen when you use them for what they were intended !
  10. NewHuskovite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 CB750,80 MX175,77 TS185,04 Vegas
    I like my TXC449 gearing. 6th, I would like to make that much taller, just for the street. If I had access to a CNC machine I could make one. If some one does they should look into it, Gonna have to rebuild the motor at some point, maybe they'll have a 6th gear option by then, switch out the two gears in the trans and your done.
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    What I want is a Nuda. I'm on the fence about buying a second bike, and a Nuda just might push me over the edge.
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The fact that they are depriving the US market of the Nuda is idiotic... yet they want to try and sell those Moab and Baja abominations here. I'm beginning to think BMW management has their heads up their asses. And I mean that in the most respectful manner...... well ok, not.
  13. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    They are using the Euros as beta-testers. Give it time and you'll see all these bikes here.
  14. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Come on no need to pic on us U.S. Riders..... Not our fault we can ride one way of 90 miles of 1st / 2nd gear single track and want to jump on the road back to our pickup truck.... I really do utilize the TE 511 gearing in these Enduro conditions with a 13-51t gearing but give us a break...... The first 4 gears is all that's needed in technical stuff, 4-6 should start spreading out more..... TE449/511 stock 15-51t isn't enough speed to cruise down the highway at reasonable rpm..... If I could ride down the road at 50 mph with 13-51 I would be happy but 40 max
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    LOL! :lol: If gas was 7 bucks a gallon in the USA (and it might be soon), I'd be voting to keep teeny gas tanks too!
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  16. NewHuskovite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 CB750,80 MX175,77 TS185,04 Vegas
    Might be, WILL be!
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I would love a Nuda. I love the Ducati Hypermotard, but I don't want the maintenance headache on a daily rider bike. If the Nuda as simple to work on as my TE630 and has good longevity, I'm in!
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think I might be too! (Even though I really like singles).
  19. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    The BMW twin is not a small, easy to work on dirt bike engine design. It does, however, have 6,000 mile service intervals. I forget when the first valve check is, but I'm going with 18,000.
    jtemple likes this.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I really hate putting my dirt bike on the hard top, even though I still do it alot ... Just too hard on the rubber ... I've cut my top speed to < ~35 mph to help save my knobbies ... Unless it is SM time :) and it is SM time, from time to time ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.