1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any news about 2013 ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Why do you get so upset that some riders somewhere else might like something different and want the brand they love to provide a few simple changes to one model that can be a different US and abroad model? I get tired of hearing rider after riders say "if that had a wider ratio trans and bigger tank option i would buy one. There is already three versions of the bike I just want one with these features. We are talking taller 5th and 6th gears and a tank option on one model of three, why so upset? Sorry it makes you so made almost ALL of us over here want that.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Or Husky could do what almost every other manufacturer does and have euro spec TE's and US spec TE's. Keep the tight boxes and small tanks that seem to be preferred by most European riders and then switch the production line up and add wider gearing and larger tank that most US and most likely Australian riders prefer.
  3. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    And counter balancers and weigh less! We are not bashing Husky here, just expecting more.

I just came back from Europe and one thing that struck me is how small it is over there. Small are the doorways, streets, houses, distances between towns, many things. A CR box on a DS makes no sense for anyplace bigger than an island. (Isn't Oz a continent?)
  4. kiwitxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Interesting point, Though I've never seen a KTM drown on the rides I've been on, but we don't go deep for long, 2-3 bike lengths tops if it's getting near the seat. I did wonder at wet enduros why so many KTM guys were taping the front of their air boxes, though again that doesn't seem as popular with the 2012's, guess they got better. I have to confess I've gone to the dark side, pick up a 250SXF sat, gunna really miss the huskies.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been told that 2013 is BNG with the exception of the new 650s.
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    BNG?

Better Newer Greater?:popcorn:
  7. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    BiNG ?? Oh no, don't tell me they're going back to the old carbs....:lol: No, I'm stumped ScottyR, care to elaborate. :confused:
  8. erktastic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 250XC - 2003 KTM 200SX
    BNG=Bold New Graphics (an industry term used when there aren't any advances made to a model for the new model year)
    duggoey likes this.
  9. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

"You get tired of hearing it " ! We know because you (and a few foot soldiers) pass it on to us with the same old posts !

I get the message everything is "bigger and better" in the good ole USA! LOL ! Great, I'm pleased for you !

But It pisses me off reading the same thing on here week in week out, you buy a race bike and then expect it to be a road bike (or BOTH !).

Sorry but thats like buying a Harley for Moto Cross and then whinge after that its too heavy, and want them to change it for you !

I'm done on this, (and probably this site) but next time you go to type "Wide Ratio" THINK, AM I IN DANGER OF REPEATING MYSELF ??????????
    Paul B likes this.
  10. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

As usual I'm late to the game, but I've been spending all my time looking for the sidecar thread.:lol:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Well alrighty then.
    lankydoug and krieg like this.
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The axes are a grindin' on the British Isles!

"Don't change anything... even if it won't affect me... still... keep all of them the same for every market"...

Cripes... :rolleyes:
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    No need to get too worked up DG. Still lots of good info to be found here so don't split just because of a difference of opinion. Lots of riders here don't use the TE for racing. Some do, but most choose to race a TXC or TC. If I'm not mistaken enduro races in Europe require a bike to have lights, kickstand, and maybe blinkers or plates? Our races don't require those things so there is no need to choose the TE as a race bike. Most over here choose it as a dual sport, or just as their 1 bike for all duties. You're right, when used as a race bike, there is very little need for a wider trans or bigger tank, but most over here don't use it to race, thus the desire to have wider gearing and larger tanks that would work better for what most of the US riders use the TE for.
    duggoey likes this.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    ~Almost guarantees the current spare parts line, life line, is extended by another yr ... sweet!
  15. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Exactly. Look at the market where it is sold and what people want. I dont think its a case of buying something and using it against what it is designed for. When you pay upwards of $11,000 you have the right to be critical. I dont want the bike re-engineered (it is fantastic in 90% of terrain), but alot of riders in Australia and evidently the USA+Canada think the gear spread is too narrow! Simple gearing change especially when ~ 20% of world sales are made in Australia alone.

PS sorry for Hijacking the thread. :(
    jerbear610 and Runner like this.
  16. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    We went to the Franklin F.M.S.Q race located in Quebec Canada last week end. Husqvarna had several podiums including the top spot in the pro class.
    We also Received news from our 2012 tc 250 mx racer that ran his Husky at MX 101. He had 3 out of four holeshots and finished the day with a second overall. Not bad for a bike that apparently has no power!
    Giants beware!
    ray_ray and Motosportz like this.
  17. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bold New Graphics

MY13 isnt much of a year for Husky fans if you were hoping for some ground breaking new technology.
  18. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Well said!:applause:
    Paul B likes this.
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes

I don't know what the reason is for your bitterness after it has been explained to you numerous times that no one is trying to change what is already available from Husqvarna.
    Perhaps it has something to do with living where there are limited riding options?
    Whatever the reason, I for one hope you reconsider and continue posting here because I think your posts have entertainment value.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    All I want is a street legal 2 stroke WR200 or 250 that is DI, weighs 210 or less and fits a 6'6" 210 pound rider with size 14 boots and the suspension is valved for the single track woods and has a trans like the current WR with a tall 6th gear added. I don't care about the tank as long as they offer a 3+ gal from the factory as an add on. (I'm pretty sure Husky will sell 1 or maybe even two of these) Oh yea and just to be a jerk about I want Husky to stop making all the 4 stroke bikes because I don't like how they sound like wet farts. :D Oops, I just noticed this thread is on the 4 stroke section so I'll respectfully withdraw my last suggestion. :o

Seriously all most of you guys are asking for is kind of a like a limited edition desert model, why not test the market with that and see if they sell?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.