1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any news about 2013 ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Hmmm the kit idea has some mileage... I'll ask the Aftersales Manager at the factory if he can consider it.
    How much would you guys be prepared to pay for it? (Parts only, not the install)

Dave
  2. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I know a guy at work who is one of Bobby Bonds best friends and he told me that the factory supported TE449 Bonds road had tranny gears changed in it so I would say ZipTy racing is were to ask..... I'm not splitting cases on my 2012 511 to change tranny gears but will during a rebuild... and would only switch to a taller 5th and 6th
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    I've ridden the Nuda R. Too much fun to describe. Wheelies like there's no tomorrow (don't tell the dealer). They've sold seven of them in Bali and have a hard time keeping up with the requests. I've heard it's not going to the U.S., emissions maybe?
  4. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Not a hijack, solid points, I agree.
    So, I went riding over the weekend at Foresthill and I just can't get enough. I'm in love with my 511. I've said this before but I'll say it again, the
    CLOSE RATIO (yes, I'm repeating...acknowledged) isn't that huge of a deal because I don't ride on the street much but there are many instances where
    I hop on the slab to connect trails or get back to my truck. I made the point in a previous post that I think if they were to widen 5th and 6th it would
    benefit all. I don't see how any Husky owner on the planet could not agree. If you're racing enduros chances are you probably don't use 5th or 6th but
    if you did having a taller 5th would mean less shifting. I rarely get out of second on most s/t trails but I realized on the last leg of the ride which was more
    open quad trails how versatile 3rd is. The majority of this clip is in 2nd and 3rd. At the end I hop onto Foresthill Rd and max her out for a moment. With stock
    gearing my 511 tops out at about 83 mph. Now do I need to go any faster than that? Not really but it would be nice to be able to cruz at say 70 or 75 without
    blowing it up.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhrWcin5R8E&feature=youtu.be
    ozzie and Rearwheelin like this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If the parts are already out there to add a 6th to the 5 speed WR what is stopping any dealer from putting the parts together with gaskets and offering them as a packaged kit? If this kind of thing is profitable then it should have already been done. Obviously the more bikes a manufacturer sells the more feasible add on parts become. BTW, I would have been in 4th and 5th gear on most of jerbear610s video unless I changed gearing from my usual 13:50
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I'm not sure what my '11 TE310 tops out at, but anything over 50mph or so feels harmful to the bike, IMO. In the first part of the video, I would have been in 3rd and 4th on my 310. You make a right turn onto a wider, easier road later on. That would have been 5th and 6th gear on the 310. This is with a 13/50 sprocket combo, which was one of the two combos it shipped with stock. The other combo was more DS friendly - 13/40, which I've never used. First gear on the 310 is a serious granny gear. I can't fathom why some people run 12/50 or 12/51 on this bike.

Anyways, that's the perspective I'm coming from when I say there's a market, a value and a need for a wide ratio tranny on the XLite bike. It seems the 449 series bikes are a bit wider in the tranny.
  7. NewHuskovite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 CB750,80 MX175,77 TS185,04 Vegas
    HVUK, I would personaly like to see just a gear kit for my 449. I realy only think I would need 6th to be much taller so that road speeds can be handled at a much lower RPM. And like Rearwheelin said, I would only do it a major engine teardown, which I hope isn't any time soon. But the option would be nice. As for a price, depends on whats in the kit.
  8. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

The parts for the WR 250/300 swap are over 1500.00 us dollars, that is why it needs to be in the factory engine. That price plus splitting the cases means you should buy a different bike.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Mike,

I was afraid of that but was wondering if they were going to put together a kit if they couldn't beat full retail on the individual parts. Probably not.
  10. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

Hi Walt, I priced the complete gear shaft assemblies. The individual gears and shafts would definitely be more. I am sure husky could make a lower kit price, but I do not see how they could shave enough off to make it reasonable for someone to buy unfortunately.
  11. NewHuskovite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 CB750,80 MX175,77 TS185,04 Vegas
    Wow, $5 for the gasket material, $5 for the steel, and $1490 for the machining of the parts.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    it is not that EZ (need to be machined exactly out of expensive material with a specialized machine, splines made, heat treated, liability insurance, etc.) plus it is very small quantity which drive prices up and this is all coming for over seas so there is those costs.
  13. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Is that trail considered single track in CA? If so, it is an example of why so many people would want longer legged gearing. when they built the trail they had too much land and didn't try to maximize trail length with turns. Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous, its beautiful, we only have 2 small public trail systems in the state of Wisconsin at the moment. So most trail is on small privately oned pieces where we try to get 3-5 of trail on 40 acres. SO its tight and curvy.
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    No, I'd call that an ATV trail or double track. Later on, it's a full on dirt road and even later it's a paved road.

I'm by no means an experienced dirt rider with decades of riding, but I've never seen a green trail that's single track.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    KTM nice slim 3.5 gallon big tanks for EFI bikes, no waiting around years for aftermarket. It is these little details that sell bikes.

[IMG]
  16. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Totally agree here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....
    ozzie likes this.
  17. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    And makes sales for Motosportz! :cheers:
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Whew! That's better! All that Orange was making me go into delirious tremors. :D

KTM.jpg
  19. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont know why the bike makers don't give you this as a option strait up when you buy a new bike, its the only thing that is stopping me buying a new 511.
    And as for the gear box ratios, that's the first thing the KTM guys say when the get off my bike

Kel
  20. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    No, not really. Green dot trails are usually quad/mc.
    Here's an m/c only blue square trail. (singletrack)
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdXG0mCX9c
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.