1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any news about 2013 ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Forest hill #6 has some nice gnarly single track. Not much high speed stuff on that trail. Complete blast.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Nice! I like the turn and downhill starting at 5:39-7:13 and 7:20-8:22... nice clean trails, good for you guys that take care of them!
  3. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I like my 11 Te 250 just the way it is with the close range trans. In fact, the way I have my TE geared for single track Enduro race type stuff matches the way my riding partners Yamaha WR250F's is geared. They both comfortably cruise at 40-45 MPH getting to race trail heads and no more. So the Husky isnt an odd ball. Their is no way that WR would cruise at 50-60 MPH in length with out sending parts everywhere. Just like my TE.

However, if the 449 now came with a wide ratio trans I would ditch my 08 450 in a heart beat to do "mostly dirt, little pavement" dual sport duties. Then I just need one more bike for adventure riding. Maybe the New BMW Sertao 650.(at that point id be in the market for a new wife too!)
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  4. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Not sure if that was sarcasm or ? I will say that the Forest Service maintains the trails for the most part(aside from the occasional organized trail maintenance day parties). Those particular sections are just part of the natural terrain and probably the only reason that trail is rated blue square instead of green circle.
  5. Benriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Think it was meant as a pat on the back, for a job well done, for the guys who do the work. He spends at least 6 weekends a year doing just that, so he knows what it takes to create and maintain trails.
  6. rt3856 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011TE449
    Wow! all the bitchin bout gears and such.
    IMHO the 449 is great! I smile every time I ride mine.
    reality check here, no one bike can do it all.
    And yes the BMW Sertao looks promising but! Husky is suppoesd to be coming out with a six fifty next year that may fill the adventure gap.
    Had a KLR 650 almost got out of riding, it sucked. got a WR250R more managealble on the trail, not enough power.
    That prompted me to get the TE449. great off road and street legal. Nope not an adventure bike. but it is fun to ride. Just have to save some pennies "and dollars"
    and get one more bike.
  7. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Well looking at threads from last year, it seems that the 2012 stuff was announced around the beginning of June. Hopefully we will not have to debate much longer!
  8. NewHuskovite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 CB750,80 MX175,77 TS185,04 Vegas
    Yeah, I am with rt3856, I need one more bike too.
  9. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Hey, Joe - I just ran a 3hr race (back in March) and had about half of the small tank left. The bike seem to be pretty thrifty on fuel with the power commander and auto tune kit. Just make sure you "top-off" before the race.

Batesville4373.jpg 511.jpg
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Soooooooo Ummmmm any actual news about the new bikes? I just went through 6.5 pages of arguments to see no new bike pics or press releases after page 2. :cool:
    Ryan and Tessier like this.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You really look like the original "Storm Trooper" in that first shot. :D
  12. Huskywood Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R 2013
    I agree if Husky doesn't do something with the WR250/300 Then I'm just going to buy a TXC310 Damit!! Why not? same weight longer power delivery, no more messing with jetting. better suspension, smoother clutch. Its to bad I love my WR and I love 2t but the txc is looking pretty sweet!!!
  13. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    You can now find anything you want to know about 2013's all over the internet.

Here is a link to the complete product guide that is posted on Hall's website it's got everything you could every want to know. Except when the first shipment will arrive!:excuseme: My TE has been at the dealer for a month now. If they had a 2013 I would have bought it from someone else already! Waiting on part's for the flywheel. WTF Husky!

http://www.halls-cycles.com/2013_Husqvarna_Product_Guide.pdf
  14. Frankie Husqvarna
    C Class

The way I see it, BMW are turning Husky in to an old man brand. This new badge-engineered 650 is an embarrassment. The 449 and 511 are giant, weird, complex and heavy and are un-raceable against other brands. They have more weight, less power, and weird handling compared to the models they replaced. That is why Husky has to race the 310.

Any good motorcycle engineer knows that putting the countershaft sprocket on the swing arm pivot is stupid. It makes for a huge amount of anti-squat from the chain tension. So much anti-squat that it is hard to get the front end of the bike to stay up without making the fork so stiff that it doesn't move on bumps. There is a reason every other bike has the countershaft sprocket above the swing-arm pivot, it reduces the anti-squat effect. In fact, the amount of anti-squat can be tuned with different height chain buffers. So not only does it make for bad handling to have the countershaft sprocket on the swing-arm pivot, but it makes the bike wide and complex. Some of you might say "The linkage on the Husky makes up for this!" Do you want a linkage designed to fight anti-squat or to make the suspension work on bumps?

KTM does not make a single old man bike. Everything they make is cutting edge and either "Ready to Race" or at the very least a hooligan machine. There is a reason young guys don't ride BMWs. They are not cool (S1000rr excepted). Even if people suck at riding, a big part of riding a bike is because it is cool. KTM's are cool. Huskies were cool until BMW. The X-Lite bikes are cool but they are a product of the pre-BMW days.

I am a Husky rider. I have a 2008 TC 510 and it is a fire breather! It is a lot of bike to handle but its cool. This new Husky 650? Old man bike! It has nothing on a KTM 690 or a Husky 610 (except maybe a wicked stamped steel swing-arm that looks like it came from the 1970's and about 50lbs).
  15. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I see that the 630 has NOT been dropped 2012.
  16. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    ray_ray likes this.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250

From the article below ... looks like someone might have did some tuning on the bike instead of just handling off a stocker as was reported in the past with the machines handled out for testing and doing not too well for the riders...

There are two key impressions that were evident right from the get-go. Husky had the bike set-up well from the start as both the engine and suspension characteristics were impressive.

--------------

From the article...

The 2013 Husqvarna TC250R is already available at your local Husqvarna dealer. With a $7,199 MSRP it is cheaper than every bike in its class so European style is now affordable in the four-stroke 250 motocross market.

---

Myself, I'm liking all the positive words about the bike
  18. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The truth is... BMW/Husqvarna also knows this, has even designed a new frame that does squat, but in arrogance, they will never admit to their own fault. Instead they fired their factory race support placing blame on race support incompetence and tried to sweep the whole thing under the carpet. In a couple of years, Husky will release their new 450/500 and it will be business as usual.

Not one of Husqvarna's finer hours. That is why Husky has to race the 310.

But what do I know, I'm just an old man who enjoys his "old man bike" ;)
  20. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    This is so much bull! I don't even know where to start. First let me say, that we (Me and my Son) have txc510 and txc511s. And despite the "strangeness" of the 511, it's faster in the woods and better suspended. We have a real comparison here. Not just some "projected" speculation. The fact is, the issue that you say about the swing arm geometry and characteristics are flat wrong. The 511 floats so much better over roots and rock (We have a lot of them here) I experience a whole lot less rear wheel kick than from a conventional set up. Also, the linkage is way better, being on top of the swing arm (we run a lot of mud races) How many time have you replaced linkage bearings in your bike? My KTM friends do all the time. I will agree about the power of a 510, though. But, it better be a more open course, it can't handle in the woods like a 511. We have two years of proof on that. Just my 2 cents worth.

P.s. The new 650 is not to be an off-road race bike - It's great for its designed for - Dual Sport.

CottonMouthsept15-162012430.jpg CottonMouthsept15-162012541.jpg View attachment 20163 Eric_511_IL.jpg eric_boston_mtn_3.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.