1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any news about 2013 ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

,,,,,and don't forget the 449 captnemo - nice photos. To say how good the 449 is racing all i can say is i'm winning races that ive not been able to win whilst riding my 2009 KTM300.
    ray_ray and Captnemo like this.
  2. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Absolutely, I agree. Both the 449 & 511 are underrated. There are guys winning everywhere on those bikes. Just because the pros aren't riding them - that's a small group (And a factory decision, most likely) .
    But, Didn't Nick Burson win on a 511 & 449 in a desert series for Zip-ty racing. Funny how people say things......
    - everybody has an opinion.
  3. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Is this true with the smaller bore engines that are x-lite (mainly 2010+ 250s and 310s) - the countershaft sprocket position?
  4. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    No, just X-lites have standard sprocket positioning.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Alright, now who is spreading the bull? You say your KTM friends replace there linkage bearings all the time? KTM's don't have linkage bearings!! (besides the 2012 SX/XC's)

Just kidding.
  6. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Your absolutely right - and that's the bike my friend has (XC 300, my12). He has replace them once and needs to again (all this in one racing season). It's the combination of mud, sand and rock. The SX (and XC models) are not holding up so well here. He told me at the last race that one of his other KTM riding buddies was having the same loose problem in his linkage. This is the extent of the info I have about the KTM linkage. I owned a 2001 KTM MXC520 and 2002 EXC 250 so I know that they didn't have linkages until recently (on certain models). I used to race ATKs - I like the fact that they had a similar simple (link-less) rear suspension system. Sorry I wasn't so specific - just making a general point.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I have two KTM's that are linkless or PDS, they are pretty trouble free, except I lost a lower shock bolt in one this year during a race and the shock just slipped down a little but stayed in and allowed us to finish. Our 300 XC has linkage, but never had a linkage failure (knock on wood). I prefer linkage on the big bikes, my 511 is much more forgiving off the big jumps than my KTMs, front end is a little spooky in the sand. Haha

Did they change the '13 suspension on the light bikes at all?
  8. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Check out my message response, to you. (449/511)
    Basically - Balance the front with the back in respect to compression and rebound. Also rake-out the front end a little for the loose stuff (like sand and loam) This worked for me on the 511. They come too "tucked-in" from the factory. Drop the forks in the triples or loosen out on the pre-load in the back. May have to reverse this for hard-pack or nimbleness in the woods.
  9. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Not sure about the '13 husky specs as far as suspension. But my WR300 (My11) is awesome - best thing about the bike.
    I got the power delivery right (finally!) - had to add a flywheel weight.
    But, Huskys generally have great suspension right from the factory. you don't have to do much to dial them in (like a Japanese unit).
  10. Frankie Husqvarna
    C Class

Aren't almost all KTM's PDS? They only have one bearing and its on top of the swingarm.

There is a reason Husky has to race the 310. There is also a reason David Night and Juha Salminen couldn't win on the G450. I am not making this stuff up. It is fact that the position of the countershaft sprocket in relation to the swing-arm pivot affects squat characteristics.

One of my friends almost bought a SM511 a year ago. We went to go look at it and when I pulled the seat off, I couldn't believe the complexity of the thing! The shape of the main gas tank is incredibly complex. No wonder aftermarket tanks don't exist. The tooling cost would be enormous! Why would anyone build a bike with two gas tanks? I would fire any engineer who suggested two gas tanks on a dirt bike. There was no space to work on anything. I was a European car mechanic before I became an engineer and the 511 just wreaked of German car engineering (ie. complex for no reason). When a BMW, Audi, or Mercedes would drive in to the shop needing major work I got a feeling like I was about to go to war against the car. Umpteen special tools (like scanners costing $25,000) and crazy amounts of labour were needed to complete even simple jobs. When I popped the seat off the 511 and had a look at it, it gave me the same feeling I get from crazy German cars. My friend passed over the 511 for a Yamaha WR.

I will admit that German cars drive pretty damn good and the price of ownership can be worth the experience. The 449 and 511 however offer no advantages over any other dirt bike for all their complexity. I think the G450, 449, and 511 can be summed up by a famous quote from Albert Einstein; "Any fool can make something bigger and more complex."
    hammer and HuskyTaylor like this.
  11. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    Dirt Bikes need the K.I.S.S. Thereory, Keep It Simple Stupid. Just my .02
    Frankie likes this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Why do you keep saying Husky has to race a 310?

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/meos-2010-te250-e1-world-championship-celebration.26830/

Why you keep bringing up a bmw bike from the past ... ? If I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I am wrong here, but the bmw bike you keep referring to was made before bmw even owned Husqvarna ...
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Wow. This thread is all over the place. And hopefully uncharacteristic of CafeHusky.com

Regardless, the 2013s have been announced, many are for sale at your local dealers, so I will close this thread.
    HVUK and LandofMotards like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.