APT SmartCarb

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Eaglefreek, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Great report Kelly and Blake. I was afraid while reading the first part that it was going to be a downer. Good to hear this is for real. Not to discount the other reports, but hearing it from someone close to home is that much better.
    I think the wait till spring and the cast version is going to be a little more tedious than usual.
    wallybean likes this.
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I'm hoping to see my billet 36 in a month or so.(I think it is going to be a long month:cry:!)
    ole farmer likes this.
  3. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    All this sounds good but I'm not going to spend that kinda money until Walt checks it out! :eek:
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If Kelly will put his 165 together and then try it, I will probably pass on the test at this time. Life is really complicated right now and riding time for me is going to be hit or miss.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt I'm in no hurry to get it back you are more than welcome to give it a try. I was out on the TC 250 today having a ball.
  6. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    i
    I dont have a 125/44 or 65, but that just makes me pause for a moment.... Hope all goes well!!!
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    This whole thread put the Smart carb as a little like the holy grail for the jetting iseues.

the problem that I face is humidity and temp changes in a ride can change considerably

I did atempt to buy the airstriker but i might be verry intrested in this one here.

yep it's not a cheap one but when it realy delivers its for sure a headache less and more enjoyment on the ride eventualy it will break even in some point due to the fuel consumption savings.

but the main reasoon is for sure the lower emisions the gain in power delivery is justy a nice coincidence:rolleyes:

Robert-Jan
    john01 and DaveG321 like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Did another ride yesterday. Same bike different place. Nasty rain ride in the technical Jordan creek / Diamond Mill area. This area is full of big nasty hill climbs. Me on my 04 CR125 with APT, Adam on his TE310 Joe on a new KTM 500. Carb is still no joke and performed amazingly well. Hills are far EZ to climb, it has much better pulling power and lugging power. This area also has many transfer roads and quad trails and i got to open it up much more and WOW the top end is in another time zone from the stock carb. So like the first ride, better control, smoother power, much more low end and roll on / pulling power and tons more top. I was topping the hills EZer than my buddies on thier 4 strokes. Actually had to ride the KTM 500 up a few for the dude as Adam had him in over his head most the ride. Pretty amazing. Going to try and install the 165 in the next few days.
    john01, MattR, erigre and 2 others like this.
  9. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    If you index the retainer slot 180 degrees from the slide slot, you'll see a hole I was told, that was intended to accept a screw.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the new ride report Kelly. I can't wait to read what you have to say with the WB165 and SC :popcorn:. If I wasn't 3,000 miles away I'd bolt it up for ya!
  11. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Somebody needs to do a 250 test with this carb.:popcorn:
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I may try it on my son's 2011 TM 250Mx when I get it back :eek:!
  13. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'd like to know how it runs in your RM 250...One of my all time favorite off road bikes.
  14. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LoL...sounds like the whole world of 2t forums are singing this carb's praises....count me in for 2 :)

Motosportz re:KTM500 - best 4t motor l've sampled but those brakes are awfully touchy (sorry to digress)
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

454x ok I'll bolt it up to the RM250. Hey I might even live through the test rides on that.
    lankydoug and 454x like this.
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I can't wait to get the Lectron 36mm PJ carb. This is an improved version of the Original from which several carbs have been copied, including the SmartCarb. The Lectron is only $315 with the adjustable Power Jet. If it works as well as I remember on the old bikes and as well as the Edelbrock Quicksilver worked on my Hondas, I will be tickled. I remember back when we were using Lectrons on Hercules, Pentons and Yamahas that if you dropped the bike the bike wouldn't even stall. Just lay there and idle. Better fuel economy also. Also altitude compensating too. They seem confident that the carb would be delivered with the correct needle and would only require fine tuning. I can't wait to compare to Kelly's report on the APT SC.
  17. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Waiting with baited breath ... what do you ride?
  18. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You should send it to Kelly....
  19. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Straight up comparison.
    Vinduro likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i saw the hole but no screw and not sure i would want one there that could fall into the intake track. Needs a better design IMHO.