APT SmartCarb

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Eaglefreek, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My guess is it is going to make more of a difference on the big bikes. The WR250 and 300 never seemed jetted perfect and get horrible mileage. My YZ250 would easily get 5-8 mpg better then my WR250. All Wr250's seem to suck gas. The 125 does too. Anyway these carbs I predict will smooth out the power, add control, and get a little better MPG.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am just visualizing the throttle response on the 360 on the bottom......:eek:
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Damn, Lost my carb to Kelly. Gotta order another. LOL :)
    wallybean likes this.
  4. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Great repot Walt,look forward to one day making the investment,I read mid summer for the cast SC ?
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Spring on the 38 cast SmartCarbs and summer on the 36 cast from what I remember.
  6. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Simple question, Have you tried a New Lectron on your bike?
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I have been reading about the Lectron, It is similar- but def not the same. It is old technology and doesn't accomplish all of what SC does. Just thought that I would put my two cents in, let me know if you want more info!

I wonder exactly what doesn't the Lectron accomplish that the Smart Carb does? What exactly are we talking about?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The APT I tried was fantastic. The Lectron I tried days after the APT was much the same experiences. They both have instant throttle response, more power and smooth out the powerband in a nice way. I'm not really interested in running carbs with jets anymore. The Lectron has 35 years of development and endless hours on the dyno on everything from drag bike to Harley hill climbers to sleds to you name it. Also ran by really nice people who are willing to help and seems to know about everything about these style carbs. They have hundreds of custom metering rods for any application and wet dyno bench them prior to setup if needed. A very well developed system it seems and decades of history to rely on. Kevin at Lectron has known the original engineers (old now) of the metering rod idea and has been involved with it all for decades. Lots of history and experience there and made in the USA.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I love my SmartCarb on my 165 Husky and was wondering when someone would chime in on how they feel on a big 250/300 bike. Funny, well not actually, I just came in from re-jetting my son's 2011 TM 250 due to weather changes here in VA. I think I'm gonna stick my SC on his TM and see what happens :eek: :D.
    2stroke smoke likes this.
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hi John,

Your carb will be headed back to you by Monday. We have only ice and snow here right now which won't give a good test for the pwk vs SC and it isn't going to improve in the near future. I am really torn when it comes to removing your carb. Its like removing your best friend from your address book and being forced to spend the next couple of months with your redheaded ADD step child.
  11. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I bet John is starting to go into withdrawals. Thanks for lending it for everyone to test John.
    ohmygewd and erigre like this.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:lol:! Well I just got finished re-jetting my son's 2011 TM 250 because of the weather change here in VA. It's around 50 or so and it just wasn't starting and running the same. He's tight as bark on an oak tree but he's going to get him a cast 38 SC when they come out. I'm going to bolt my 36 SC on the TM just for fun before putting it back on my WB. LOL I almost looped that thing today doing the test rides :eek:!
    454X lending it to Kelly and Walt was the least I could do after all they have done for us Husky riders. Withdraws.....who me....naw I'm fine I've been playing on my 2010 TC 250 and a 05 RM 250 that I just sold. Oh.... I always kick my foot pegs and curse when the bikes don't run exactly like I want them to :banghead:, really I'm fine. You guys are more than welcome :cheers:.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that should be a scary fast combo.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah I think I'll let him "test" it. I mean it's his bike it's only fair :D. All kidding aside that is the fastest dirt bike I've ever been on.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    And about to get quicker.
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    So the billet version won't be available till May 1st either? On their website all carbs are preorder.
  17. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    That's wild isn't it? Awesome product, trial release, overwhelming response, OEM testing, satisfying public, depleted inventory, manufacturing procedures, etc. etc. I'd say they're riding a bucking horse! Waiting on the bell.

I wonder what the market really is? Anyone know how many carb mods RB has done?
  18. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I've been there done that with preorders on aftermarket stuff and most of the time the delivery date comes and goes with no parts delivered.
  19. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Year 1978, long ride with 3 bikes, 1978 390 auto with a mikuni, 1977 390 with a Bing, and 1978 390 with a Lectron. At the end of the ride the 390 auto was out of gas, the 1977 CR 390 had a 1/4 tank and the 1978 CR390 had 3/4 of a tank. What I did not like about the Lectron was the stiff throttle pull. I bought mine from Helmut Classen in 1978 and today he still uses them.
    Check out picture of Oxymoron Corners.

Attached Files:

20. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I would imagine they'll have a large enough inventory that you could get one soon enough when they're available.