APT SmartCarb

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Eaglefreek, Oct 22, 2012.

1. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
  2. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Not sure that is in the same league as teh APT or Lectron. Here's a quote from the Intelajet review, "The gain in top-end power and overrev was immediately noticeable to every MXA test rider. It has no effect on power below two-thirds throttle, but once the mist kicks in, the KTM 250SX feels like it has a jet pack attached to it."
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah I can't /won't knock something I haven't tried but know for a fact the SC gains are from the bottom to the top. Really like mine :applause:.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

APT has the "tip over check valves" ready for existing SmartCarb owners. Simple solution that you can do yourself or send the carb to APT and they will do it for ya. :applause:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I ran one of those (then called Dial-a-jet) on my 02 WR250 and hated it. As it was an add on to an existing carb it was hard to get a real solid install (drill hole in bell and insert) and it had a goofy little foam filer on the jetting thing where i brought in air. Was a mess to install, never was solid, had way to many points of failure for my muddy riding and did not impress me when i had it running. This looks slightly different but same idea. Just my feelings on an older version of it, maybe this one is great.
  6. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Dick racing does a nice install job of the dial a jet and the intellajet.He mounts it to the carb body where the air boot clamps-down,and then adds presses a billet ring onto the carb for the air boot to clamp too. Super clean install but makes the overall carb longer. I had the dial a jet and liked it for top end tuning (what its meant for). I thought it worked good but didn't like the little boot you had to un zip tie if you wanted to make an adjustment. The intellajet is way more user friendly and I would of got that instead but at the time it was not available. I like the days we are in now...it's a no brainer Lectron or Smart carb,if supplies are available.
    john01 likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Good info, thanks. I was not bashing Dicks and always hear good things about that shop. Was just commenting on my dislike of the dial-a-jet system which was more mounting issues and that goofy foam filter thing.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I didn't think you were bashing Dick's he just has a good way of mounting it. I think the inventor of the D_A_J was a Bonneville guy who needed more top end fueling. It really is of know use to us trail riders anyway.I didn't like the foam filter thingy either.