Arai America has new Salminen Replica helmet availible

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Oct 17, 2011.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    I am quite sure no two heads are close to being the same...and after trying on over 10 helmet brands(what a pain in the arse it was)the Arai still fit my head the best with a cheaper helmet from One Industries coming the closest for comfort after the Arai.First time in I don't know how many years I decided to go the less expensive model and after several rides I started feeling the differance ,even bought the different size padding to try and custom fit...not too good:confused:....I guess wearing Arai's for so long ,they formed my head to their sizing:D

Guscycle:banana:
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I was trying to compare apples to apples, the top of the line. Shoei vf-x close out is still $425.

I don't even think Arai makes a cheaper lid.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's a good question on the foam lining material ... What I read made no reference to different types of the foam liner or where it came from ... It only pointed out that the liner saves you from impact ... The shell protects to some degree and maybe one type of shell material helped spread the impact over a lager area of the helmet to absorb ...

Stay alert and stay alive!
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I currently have 3 newer Arai's...they are the most comfortable helmet I've ever put on. The top of the line Shoei's feel very similar. One Induatries...not so much. The best things about the Arai's are the minimalist shape with less protrussions to spread out blows and outright comfort with a variety of different sized pads, whick are very expensive. I don't like the cheep plastic vent covers that easily break off when snagged on branches. I also hate how the cheek pads don't seem to be kept in place securely although I've never had one come off/out while riding. They just seem a little loosey goosey. My next helmet will be another Arai or Shoei, which ever one is on sale and cheaper.
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Since they all have to meet the same standards there is no justification for believing an expensive helmet is safer. But to meet the standards and weigh less they have to use more expensive materials and construction methods. Of course the high end models probably are more comfortable and hold up better. For me the weight of a cheap helmet makes my neck hurt so I have bought the Fly Carbon the last two times as they are light but not expensive. I tried on a Kali the other day and it was super light and only $200 (plus an additional 30% off at the dealer). Has anyone tried one of these? I am just curious how they hold up over time.
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I'm with you on that train Norm! The pricier stuff I've purchased has also been the most comfortable, least distracting gear. I'm due for a new helmet and am keeping my eyes open for something carbon on sale. Currently using a Fox V-something. Heavy but well used.