Autotune help

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by sharpie1, May 17, 2010.

1. I installed the PCV with the autotune. I can't get the autotune to work! Yes it's enabled, yes, all the connections are good to the O2 sensor but I constantly get 9.99 in AFR1, according to the instructions from Dynojet it means I have a bad O2 sensor. The autotune module constantly flashes when on even when I try the O2 sensor check. Am I missing something? If the module won't check the O2 sensor I would think maybe the module is bad. Any suggestions? ...arg...frustrated!:banghead:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Bizarre. My (obvious) suggestion would be to call Dynojet. Have you?

They normally have some long wait times, and Mondays are not the best days to call them.

Let me try something....
  3. I will try to call tommorow, I e-mailed them though. I am just hoping I missed something basic. Do you know if the light on the autotune is supposed to flash or go solid? FWIW even with the autotune not working this thing runs much better than stock. You seem to have way more knowledge than most of us about this FI stuff and I do appreciate it.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My knowledge about PC V & Autotune has faded badly and do not recall if there are any leds to blink! :lol:

However the basic concept of what the PCV & Autotune will be engraved in my mind forever. It is a great product. Since your bike runs even better than it did before, even if the Auto tune is not working for you, I'll assume we can wait a bit to see if anyone responds.
  5. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check to see the terminator plug is installed in the second data port of the Auto-tune module.
  6. Tried that already also, is it possible the CAN plug could be bad, it seems all it does it put a short between the outside pins.
  7. nocontrol Husqvarna
    B Class

Did you try swapping the port it plugs into on either module? I had the same issue but that was because I quickly scanned over the directions and did not have the can terminator plug installed in the spare port of the autotune module.
  8. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

9.99 means that the PCV does see the Autotune module so that is a good thing. Now it could be a bad sensor, module, harness, or connected incorrectly. We have had a couple units go out with the colored sticker on the back installed correctly. This causes the O2 harness to be plugged into the module backwards. Also make sure that you have connected the RED wire of the Auto tune module to a good 12v source and that it is grounded properly. If the voltage is off the light will BLINK indicating that the sensor is not warmed up. Let me know.
  9. I actually talked with your tech support, we made sure the sticker and wiring was correct. The light blinked non-stop even after complete warm up and after riding for several miles, I hooked the module straight to the battery, still same issue, I checked continuity from each wiring screw to the O2 plug, everything checked out, I noticed I get a reading of 0.00 if I pull either the CAN cable out or the plug, tech support thought it was probably a bad O2 sensor. I got an RA# and am shipping it back to you guys, I just hope I didn't miss some bonehead thing and all is fine, thats been known to happen and seems to get worse with age.
  10. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good to hear you are getting support.

I have found that Dynojet stands behind their products and is willing to take the time to help customers. That's something you don't always find these days in the era of cut backs.

It also great they take the time to be involved in the CH forum.:applause:
  11. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

sharpie - did you get the problem resolved yet?
  12. Still waiting to here from you guys:). I sent back the autotune about 10 days ago. I guess I'll try to call Tuesday.

The bike runs perfect with just the PC5.
  13. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

Give me your RA# and I will track it down
  14. DH247 Husqvarna
    C Class

Well I was considering some other goodies on my next couple of paychecks, but with the reviews of the PC5 and the AutoTune with this much support... I think I know what my next purchase towards the bike is gonna be! I think I can speak for a good chunk of people when I say thanks for caring about the end user guys!!
  15. KCI-John Husqvarna
    B Class

I just installed a brand new PC V and/AT this weekend and I too am getting the "9.99" but it seems to be working. I also noticed under the "Holy Grail" thread put up by Coffee that in his video his is reading 9.99. Sharpie, what ever happened with your situation, was it resolved?
  16. Magic! I sent it in and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it, I installed it back in with all the same connections and it worked right away, the only thing I noticed was the CAN plug connection was bent in the plug itself, I'm thinking maybe the CAN plug was not making a good connection but I really don't know.
  17. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Oh well alls well that ends well.
  18. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

With everything working OK, you see the AFR values updating. The most common problem I have seen with the 9.99 reading is that the CAN termination plug is not inserted on the unused port of the O2 sensor module.

Dynojet supplies a rubber dust cap for the CAN port, but you need to make sure you use the terminator plug for proper operation.
    I'll see if I can find pictures showing the difference.
  19. I give up, the autotune just quit working again! And anyway it seems as if all it has done it lean the mapping out.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That is completely abnormal. You have a strange situation. I certainly would not give up at this point.

It has been a long long time since we have ridden, you want to get together for an easy ride / tuneup day?