Autotune help

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by sharpie1, May 17, 2010.

1. Thats what I need is someone that knows what thier doing so yes I would love the help. The bike actually runs good except for the overheating in the slow technical single track (which is 90% of what I ride). To do some tuning with the autotune it would need to be working though...its back to acting like it has no power to it just like at the beginning of this thread, thats actually the part I meant to give up on, the PCV works and works good for that matter, I just got a bum autotune!:thumbsdown:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There is a reason I italicized 'easy' you can do the hard stuff you like to do.

I've got a PC V & Autotune, iBeat cable & software too. I can be there at 1pm, let me know when is good for you. :)

(it has been a rough couple of weeks behind the computer with all the recent activity going on, been looking to get away)
  3. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    I don't think it is abnormal since I have seen several posts about overheating and can personally attest AT seems to be leaning the bike out to max trim limit regardless of what the O2 sensor gives as feedback.

This is most pronounced under low load conditions, but you can connect to the PCV and watch it continue to trim fuel out when you are already leaner than the target A/F ration. There is definitely some problem.

On my bike I had A/F ratios at some points at 15:1, and I opened up the max trim range at which point it took even more fuel out going to 16:1 and reading as such, despite the target being 13.2:1. I have manually removed most negative trims and turned off Autotune to avoid it going crazy lean and all seems to be well.

I keep intending to contact DynoJet about the issue, to help troubleshoot, but have not done so yet.
  4. Re-mapped, got rid of autotune trims, disabled autotune (which really wasn't needed since the damn thing quit working again) and what do you know, it does not overheat anymore in the slow technical stuff. I don't think autotune is a good thing for people that like the slow nasty technical single track I tend to ride most, it may be fine for people that ride with a decent amount of airflow but it just seems to lean it out way too much for my style of riding.

Personaly I think the one I got is junk! It does not work anymore, in fact it only worked for about 400 miles then quit again and does the same thing it did when I first installed it. I do love the PCV, it does make quite a difference over the stock power up mode but I would not recommend the autotune.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I sounds to me like there is a problem of some type, and it sounds like the problem is in multiple units. We did some reasonably extensive testing, and the Auto Tune worked extremely well.
  6. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

I would like to get one of these troubled units back to test. We have not had any other complaints like this so I am not sure what is going on.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a Husky so the best I can do is install the unit on a bike we have here to make sure the unit is working properly.

Anybody riding their TE to the AMA race at Jersey this weekend? I will be there with the Dyno truck.
  7. I'll gladly send my autotune back, get me an RA# and it's yours, it's just sitting in a box in the garage anyway.