Baumgartner ID

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Kevin_TE250, Jun 4, 2012.

1. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is one of the best places in the US to ride -- If you are looking for directions you can google "Baumgartner Campground" or type in Featherville, Idaho and that will get you close. Camping is super abundant and there are trails all the way from beginner to gnarly. One of my favorite rides is to go from camp to Smiley Creek Lodge [which is over the mountains on the highway between Sun Valley and Stanley]. During the summer they are open and have fantastic burgers and shakes. The ride back is tough on a full belly though!!! We usually gas up at the lodge and ride back for about a 100 mile day. Its an epic ride.

If you are looking to go -- I would love to camp and hang out.
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Starting to sound like it has strong possibilities...
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Long drive from VA but I'm definitely interested
  4. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, the trail riding in the area East/Northest of Baumgartner is going to different now for years to come.
    The Trinity Ridge fire has burned a lot of area, and no telling how much more will be lost before it's over.........which according to what relatives I have that live in the area and now working with fire support staff, are being told, could be into October.
    http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3088/
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Hmmm.....

I was talking to Bill at BMP the other day and I think we are going to go ahead and do NW Gathering #3 at China Hat in early November. Maybe if we go a couple of weeks later we can catch some moisture.