1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

Best Husky for trail riding?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 99WR250, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Husky made a TE250 low version for just that reason and after hearing this over and over and no one bought it. :excuseme: they also make a low seat that fits all these newer 125 / x-lights.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2012-husqvarna-te250-review-91322.html

Compared to the mechanically similar TE310, the TE250 built for the U.S. market has a seat height two inches lower (35.5 inches) to better accommodate street/commuter riders.

so IMHO they did not "They just limited their customer base a little more." they actually listed to customers and responded. On top of all this if a short guy or women wants a high performance bike they need to buy one and get it lowered. There is just not a big enough market to support this need and most fast women want a modified race bike not a play bike so have no issues with lowering them if need be. If you don't need a high performance low bike there are gobs of options.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Exactly!:confused: Worse still, magazine testers pigeonholed the bike as a "beginner" ride, even though it is actually leaps and bounds ahead of the Japanese counterparts that it was put up against. I think that that sort of helped kill it right there.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Take a not well know brand (husky) and make an odd low model for a very small group of customers and you have a low selling bike. And yes, the mags helped misunderstand it. But you cant fault husky for listening and trying to deliver what the customers asked for.
    Indorider, juicypips and mnb like this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Not knocking the design or concept. I got to ride one myself, and thought the bike would really sell like gangbusters, because there are plenty of short people out there that might really enjoy a good handling, snappy trail bike that didn't weigh a ton. It's the magazines that I am displeased with. I feel that they really did the bike an injustice. Also, I feel that the bike wasn't marketed very strongly to its intended target. I know that advertising has not been a strong point with Husqvarna in the past few years. Take a bike like the new Honda 250 street legal trail bike. That model will probably sell quite well, as it is a well known brand with a large advertising and marketing budget which they give a generous portion of to the magazines that will be testing their product. Just sayin'....:rolleyes:
    pvduke likes this.
  5. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    My Mrs lowers everything She buys. Her KTM was set down 2in and so was Her dr125se. That is the first I have heard about a low bike.
  6. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    The WR 144 is hands down the biggest bang for your buck IMHO..... Like Kelly showed in those great vids, it wakes up when you gas it and purrs along when you are in tight single track stuff.... They handle like a dream and float over the toughest stuff.... As far as the height thing goes, I'm 5' 8' and I just lowered the sag a little bit and it did the trick for me..... In the end it's up to you on what you want..... I have an 03 KTM EXC250F and rarely ride since I bought my new Husky last June.... What ever you do, I hope you make a decision that you can live with....:cheers:
    huskybear likes this.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    i got a 360 an im 5'6" i had a lowering link made by a cnc friend of mine.:thumbsup:
    if there was more choice other than sherco or gasgas for low rides then it would attract more people.
    the gas gas pampara is very popular for that reason and its on ith umpteenth revamp.
    good on husky i thank you for listening to us shorties.
    i vote my bike for me is the best trail ride...:cool:
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    lankydoug has a point you buy the bike on reputation and then customise it to suit, like cars with standard speakers for some its enough for others its not, performance and suspension set up are all base settings for you to return to.

he raised his i lowered mine each to there own
    lankydoug likes this.
  9. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It's much easier to raise things. You can only lower so much.
  10. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    sabortooth likes this.
  11. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    This is my understanding too. The CR 125 that I will be purchasing is still at the dealer waiting for the rebate process to go through for the dealer---then it's mine.
  12. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Alpina_02s.jpg
    This is a good low seat height. The prototype WB165! My newest horse in the stable! :banana:
    wait4me and sabortooth like this.
  13. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

Just a great looking bike.......