1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Beta 300 two stroke (2013)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyboy, Jun 25, 2012.

1. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

typeone and 454x like this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    If Ossa has a GG powered Enduro bike... New Englanders will buy them for sure! Paul Whibley does pretty well on a backwards engined Yamaha!
  4. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Good to see 2 strokes still being developed. Don't spend all your money yet, the new Husqvarna 2 strokes should come out in about 10 months, and I believe it will be an all new design that should get everyone excited.
    ray_ray and Gotlabs like this.
  5. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    Thanks, buddy, I'm looking forward to it! Please note that I don't want it if GasGas makes it though . . . I mean, what's the point, right?
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes Vinduro and they are to be built in the new GG Factory and get the current GG engines, at least from what I've been told.
  7. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    my sons due to move up from an rm85 next year so he will inherit my wr144, meanwhile I can buy back my old gg200 do a total rebuild and use that til the new huskies come out, then use it for a couple more years til I can afford one.The bonus is everytime he plays up I can ban him from riding and have a choice of riding either one.
  8. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I don't know why you people want this to be a gasgas. It's not. From the American Beta website: "These engines are the result of a work that lasted more than 24 months, they were completely designed by Beta and represent a new benchmark in terms of technology, layout and performance of a 2‐stroke Enduro engine. Available in 250cc and 300cc displacements, they are manufactured, assembled and tested in‐house, to ensure their quality and performance." Just go look at the pictures. This is not a gasgas engine.
    454x and lankydoug like this.
  9. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    They're on Beta's site now . . . http://www.americanbeta.com/ . . . but, unless they've posted the specs wrong, I've lost all interest. 236 lbs. dry. Really? That's 450 MXer territory. You'd think they could do a bit better considering the fact that they make small 2T trials bikes. I was really hoping for a 200 as well.
  10. Nathan S Husqvarna
    C Class

The last I heard on the Ossa Enduro was a vague, poorly worded press-release about being made by GasGas and not having the 'backwards' motor. There's been a lot of speculation about what we'll actually end up getting, but it isn't the bike they were promising.
    The word "Disappointed" is inadequate.

On the Beta...
    Motor is definitely their own. Appears to be a mix of KTM and GasGas ideas - and why wouldn't they?
    The tank is silly. IMS makes a larger tank for the Beta 4Ts. Presumably they'll make one for the 2Ts as well.
    The Sachs doesn't worry me - their older stuff was ordinary, but they're getting better all the time. And the GGs with very poorly set-up Sachs a few years ago, were far more about an awful set-up than any particular failing of the hardware.
    I have no complaints about the suspension action of revalved 2012 Beta 350RR - if it had been 100% standard, I'd even go so far as to describe it as the best stock suspension I've used (except it wasn't stock, obviously - my point is that it wasn't set up for ME - stock springs, and some shim shuffling to avoid a known problem).
    The biggest complaint seems to be about oil volume in the shock, but the newer ones have larger reservoirs...

It's a cliched saying, but the Beta 4Ts hide their weight incredibly well. Anyone who's ridden one will back me up on this - pushing the bike around you think "this is a bit heavy", but the weight disappears in motion. GG 2Ts are similar, but I reckon there's a bigger disparity between the scale-weight and riding-weight of a Beta than a GG.

So yeah, I'm pretty pumped about the new Betas. I want one, but need the approval of the Minister of War and Finance first...
    wallybean and TROFFER88 like this.
  11. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    They put the electric starter under the engine, too. That's pretty cool. If you look closely at the right side photo you can see it under there. The Beta's I've seen up close seem to be really well made and well-engineered. Definitely high quality.
  12. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

cool, but im leaning towards a 4 stroke as my next ride. just not sure which way im heading, 310 or 350.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

utopia I don't want Beta to run a GG engine; I could care less about them and wasn't talking about Beta. I was talking about the Ossa using the GG engines.
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

KWEL
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The problem with Beta is that they are priced almost out of reach.
  16. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Oh, sorry. I got confused...I thought I was in the Beta thread.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are...and the GG and the Ossa.....
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Beta 4 strokes are intriguing as well until you look at the weight and price. I know they say they ride light, but what about loading or picking it up out of a hole. Like I said before, I am glad new 2t's are being developed, but I am betting on Husqvarna to build something really good at the best price. All you have to do is look at the X-Lights and new 125-150 bikes to see the trend.
  19. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    Looks like the 2-strokes suddenly lost 13 lbs on the specs page. They are now listed at much more reasonable 223 lbs. Not bad!
  20. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Disagree on that. Less than a KTM and a few hun more than Husky.
    What you get for a little more is much higher grade of fork and shock from both marzocci and sachs. Frame,tool kit w/real tools, workshop manual on CD, over 200 accys avail,(riding gear in stock) very few if ever B/O on parts 1-2 day delivery,
    An in-house designed tested and produced motor. Whoes engineers and designers also did and do a lot of R&D for KTM. On both 4 and 2 stroke motors.
    Not 1 chinese bearing or part is used.
    Family owned debt incumbered to no one established in 1904 company, whoes employees like comming to work. And have a lot of pride in there company. Un like Husky where some disgrunteled employees drop there new model bike in the lake a week before international press release.
    Ok they produced a couple thousand less bikes than KTM did last year but more than 2 1/2 to 3 times more than Husky did.
    I am extremely pleased with working with a dist/importer who is Honest,Truthfull,Available and genuine. unlike the backstabbing,lying,2 faced,selfserving.buckpassing,neverwill be's.
    Kinda no brainer to me for couple hundred more you get so much more in quality and value.
    I am refering to MSRP (what it should sell for) pricing not the Year end or as of late the priced to sell number because otherwise wouldn't sell #.
    Like it or not they are the real deal. And very proud to be involved with them.
    Later George
    utopia, Bill502, ScottyR and 2 others like this.