1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Big Rear Brake with Shark Fin

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Jan 23, 2013.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I hate when they come to the garage. Then you have to start explaining why you need these things. :banghead:
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Well, I have got some serious rear brakes. WOW! This is going to take a bit of getting use to.

Got the big disc kit all mount up and went back to a sintered metal pads. Huge difference in braking power and it's not even wore in yet. I'll be the brake slide king for a while, until I get use to it.

I'm still a little on the fence about the shark fin. I've never used one because it just seemed like something that would get smashed against the rotor and tear it up. I always figure I was just as well off without it.

Are you guys running the shark fin with this kit?
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

I took mine off, I usually don't ride terribly rocky terrain when I'm offroading . Never bent a rear rotor, one front one once. I put a race discs rotor on with this kit and stock (braking) pads from Halls. Looks great and no rattles.

Attached Files:

5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Due to numerous issues, I finally got a chance to try the big brake in the real world and all I can say is it's awesome. It's just so much better that's it's not funny. I used to ride my brake a lot. I guess it had to do with it being weaker, because I'm not doing it with this new set up. I have plenty of brake when I need it, now, so I'm not riding it. So, it's not running nearly as hot. Normally, after a ride like today, I'd have some bluing of the rotor and the pads would look like they'd been in a fire. After todays ride it looked like it had hardly been used.

It's hard to believe that a mere 20mm more in diameter could make such a huge difference. :banana:

If you have a WR250 or 300, you need this brake! :thumbsup:
  6. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Not to change the subject, but I put stock pads on mine with the racediscs rotor and I burned through the pads the fastest I ever have on any bike. I have been in some insane mud though. Do you guys like stock pads or?????
  7. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    When I bought my bike, the dealer told me the stock pads don't last long in wet terrain. I swithed them out before my first ride.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm running the OE braking four stroke rotor that came with the kit from Hall's and EBC / MXS pads.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I told you so I told you so As for pad life Since I seem to never ride in the wet My pads are over 2 years old and you see all the races I have posted video on
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, you were absolutely correct. This is an awesome system.