Blackdog DS and 312 miles on the TE511 for the weekend.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dude, I have been running those MT43 trails tires for 1000 miles. Where you been freaking pay attention fool. :)

[IMG]

I did feel special all weekend (as many people did) as i was on a kick ass bike, in a kick ass area, with kick ass friends, doing a kick ass event. Was a KILLER weekend for sure. Awesome way to kick off summer riding. Single track Friday, 216 miles of street, gravel, views and trail Saturday, more single track Sunday, come home to my wonderful family and a clean house. Was pretty much a perfect weekend. Only thing better would be if a few other friends they were supposed to be there could have made it. The group that puts this on are hard core riders and good friends. It is a fun atmosphere, cool / fun people and Hood River is Beautiful and full of fun stuff to do. there Adventure bikes, side cars, everything. Real cool event. Will not miss it if i can.

Get your butt up here late summer for some of this fun
    pvduke likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  3. cowboy86 Husqvarna
    A Class

it was good to meet ya ,looks like you go some good stuf on vid,did you have it on in the rubocon?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Unfortunately no.
  5. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

just curious, i thought the red rear sprockets were only for the 2stroke bikes...i want one haha
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    where? gittin' stiched up, member? i got bumped back so--- nuther 6-8 weeks on the nea side so...fark. its comin though...

thought you swore off TT's couple years ago? hmmm...they are gooey! bike looks awesome. and 45mpg? yikes! it rips and sips. i cant believe how neat that bike looks...good on you. i like it too.

yer living the life all us would if we could. keep rubbin' it in, we llllike it! i'm makin' inroads to relocate permanently in 2 years, 7 mos. my 5 year goal list has 3 more check-off's, then it's outta here. i miss the PNW too much. i dont wanna die in the ghetto. god the second vid....wow. oh- yeh, you sing in yer lid too...i laugh, giggle, yell at peeps and sing. thankfully there aint no mic in my helmet....(hint)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got your Pm thanks. We will hook up and ride one day. [IMG]

I went with the trials tires because i wanted something that would last on the road but work good int he dirt. Knobs get chewed up real fast. These get good traction and work well, far from the ultimate tires but far from sucking ether so a good balance of tire life and traction on all surfaces. Not near as sticky as a 803 but lasts WAY longer on the street. Was an experimant on my part and I do think the trade of and balance for my use is good. Rear one is about done at 1000 hard miles and the front looks new.

Yes i was stunned at the 45mpg. I kept waiting for the lite to come one, the bike to sputter and me to coast to the side of the road to add fuel. If i pack fuel I usually dump it ASAP when there is room but wanted to see how far i could go. I rolled up tot he pump and still had .2 gallon so I still had another 9 miles. which would put me at almost 100 miles. Amazing. Bikes seems to have gained power as well.

Very impressive machine for sure.
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    good to know on them tires...great report and logic im all over it. Man that's some milage on them donuts.

with the giant husky backpacks aux fuel capactiy and the way that thing sips yer good for oh 700 miles between fill-ups right? lol.

been out of the loop a while and its nice to see such good things about the TE. man, impressive!!!
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is a far better bike than I had hoped. I was fully prepared for it to be a big POS BMW abortion so I got the DS model to DS as anything can DS. What I learned is it is a fantastic off road bike and I have not rode any of them other bikes since. It is that good. I was 90% in 2 stroke mode and now 99% in 4 stroke mode. It is very good on many levels. Excellent EZ to use motor / EFI, one of the best trail suspensions stock i have ever rode and many comment the same thing, Uber stable, turns solid and confident, and just overall so accommodating and fun to be on / never wears you out. It's a great machine. Quality seems up too. Almost nothing has come loose or broke or anything in 1300 miles.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    i so freaking totally really want one now lol!!!

hmm...my bro Paul at TCP has some...hmmm....hide the checkbook!
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Tom Niemella and the crew alway do an outstanding event, and this is along with all the other work Tom does to keep off-road riding in Oregon viable. Great that you had fun Kelly and many thanks to Tom.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, tom is a great guy. I just sent him 2 DVD's of gopro stuff from the weekend to add tot he DVD they are making about the event.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    super nice, the PBR is what sets that ride apart!!! niiice! When dialed in the Ape (Aprilia) is really good except for her width across the rads, and that sound (Ive only ridden the 550)! The TE511 is like a diesel! Great mileage test as well.