Blakelpd5's Riding report videos thread

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Blakelpd5, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Jkosmo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None Yet..
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas EC250
    Ouch sorry to hear about the injury, I hope the first ride is pain free! Healing up from collarbone surgery myself, it sucks not being able to ride!

I just might have to get in contact with you sometime about planning a trip out there. What time of year are the trails in the best condition?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm trying real hard not to encourage him to get on the bike way before he should but really want my winter riding buddy back. :cheers:
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Tell me about no riding = suck!

Trail condition... Well, that all depends on you! My favorite time to ride is winter. I love the muddy, sloppy, slick mess it is out there. My ideal day is muddy trails with the sun out, and about 50-60*F. However, I'll take a day of pissing rain over the hot dusty trails anytime! Not saying I won't ride in the summer, but I enjoy winter riding much, much more.

The trails are open year 'round, with a couple of exceptions. In the summer, there is maybe 2-3 weeks a year total the fire danger is to high, and they close em down (usually only for a day or two at a time). In the winter, there can be 2-6 weeks of un-rideable snow. We usually get stir-crazy, and venture out anyways, hitting the lower stuff and riding as high as we can, until it just isn't possible to go any further. There are a LOT of different areas to ride around here. Where are you from? If your thinking of making a trip, there are at least 4-5 places that you should stage out of, to get a feel for it all. The closest (spectacular) riding from my house is an hour away.
  4. Jkosmo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None Yet..
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas EC250
    That's cool, I wasn't aware the trails stayed that rideable through winter. I currently live in northern Michigan but will be moving to Iowa in January. The riding is somewhat mundane there, so I plan on taking frequent trips. I've been to Falls City as well as Hood River area for a mountain biking trip a few years back in May. Loved it out there, just gotta to find the time to pack the dirt bikes up and make the haul out there!
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice, Hood River is an area I recomend riding at if your coming all this way! However, the Mtn Bikers are trying to shut the Motos down out there. It's a long, ongoing battle. Better get here quick! hahaha
  6. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    Hope you get to riding soon as it is your favorite time of year soon... wet, slimy, slippery, and gooey. Kinda like a first kiss.

I noticed you list a Suzy Wetbike as one of your toys. You sir, are as they say in France, Le Fooking Le Crazy!

I would suggest, if you do feel like crashing, to do it in the water. It is a lot softer.Put some Husky stickers on that Wetbike and post a vid!

[IMG]
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Haha, the wetbike is a lot of fun in the summer... I got a few riding buddies out this summer to try it out for me, and will post a vid here shortly, so check back.

Is that pic you?
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    PC. and edmoto like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I wondered how some of that vid turned out. Fun stuff, thanks for the invite, always wanted to try one of those. You need an arm off the wetbike like some of the other vids, cool angle.
  10. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    I love vids of people trying to jet ski... specifically stand ups and stuff like yours... a wetbike! And wipe outs are classic. Makes me wish for summer again. I've already spent 30 mins scanning the suggested vids that link back to yours. The pic I showed of me jumping a boat wake did not end well. I landed ass-ociation first, and even with a wetsuit, let's just say I got a free enema that day.

OK, I digress. Please resume your most awesomeness Husky vids!
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  11. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    haha, i tend to get lost for about 45min every day on youtube... Sometimes, I end up on the most random videos ever....
  12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    PNW Husky Gathering 2012

PC., huskybear and Xcuvator like this.
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
  14. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    ?? Did anyone take a count ,lots of people on saturday,just wondering.?i
  15. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't think any of us took a count.... I am surprised at the turn-out for a cold snow event though!
  16. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    No vid's but pics from today at Hood River.

I don't know how the Panoramic shots are going to display, but I was trying something new with "my first phone" as Kelly calls it.
    pano1.jpg Pano2.jpg
    The last pano is unclear... The bright section is a 1/2 drained lake. Sorry it didn't show very well. Cool spot for a break!

And here are the rest. They pretty much speak for themselves, especially the first two!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Steve-oh, BILLF and bigjon like this.
  17. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Captain Kelly....
  18. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    That was my first thought when seeing that pic....hahaha
    Looks like the boots stayed pretty clean :)
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny chit. I had a way undersized fleece shirt that looked funny and then my white duct tape, the look just came together he he he. BTW Blake laughed at me the first time i duct taped my boots. After seeing me stay dry and warm while he froze his ass off while standing in puddles known as boots all day he showed up with duct tape. When an old man with 35 years of NW riding rain experience does something funny, pay attention. A few things can make all the difference. Fleece undergarments with water proof shell and duct tape boots make all the difference. Warm and dry no matter the torrential downpour. Did another ride Sunday with buddy Adam and friend Joe and they were soaked and I was dry and happy. I may look ridiculous but I am having fun. BTW i love sloppy rainy gnar rides. It's just my thing. The slick clay makes you a better rider and teaches balance like nothing else and no dust or other riders. Just need to come to terms with the cold wet conditions, be prepared and enjoy.

fun stuff.
    BILLF and wallybean like this.
  20. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    What do you guys use as far as eye protection when it's raining?