BMW and Husky's Massive Miscalculation?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Norman Foley, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    This is not a BMW, Husky, Husky NA, Cali or 449/511 Bash, by any means! My point is... if Husky can do a short term 4 stroke project in not much time, then they could of done a 2 stroke too (besides the CR65).
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    So what are all those 2t machines? Older japan bikes or the ~$9G newer EU bikes? A pimpkin parade?

3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

GasGas for one! They are a heck of a lot smaller than Husky BMW and they have been moving on up. I got a new 2010 last yesr for 6,200.00. I'm not into PUMPKINS but they too are improving. BTW I would spend good money on a new 2-stoke Husky; if they made one that is!
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I guess I asked for that one ...lol ... Everyone was riding $9,000 2t bikes? .. No old japan 2t bikes? OK... what happened to the bad economy? You guys exempt in VA or what?

Ok ...Glad to hear that they are reducing prices as some other brands ... Like say, Husqvarna does ... This place is a wealth of information on all bikes ...

5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are the only one talking about 9K bikes. I didn't say everybody in VA rides 9K bikes. BTW I did say KTM is another one moving ahead. No we aren't exempt in VA but not everybody wants to ride a bike thats hasn't changed in YEARS. Ride what you want but I hope Husky steps up the 2-stoke program.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    pimkins are good for carving on 31 Oct ...

I hope Husky steps up the 2-stoke program ... Me too... that's why I like to talk about Husqvarna motorcycles on a Husqvarna web site ...

Husky can even keep making 4t machines, street bikes, etc .. Just staying alive is good enough sometimes ...

water racer likes this.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL at least we agree on the purpose of a Pumpkin.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    But Gas Gas is floundering in the 4 stroke market for sure.
  9. TropicalSnowman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a dealership!
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR1100 Slabbie and an NSR250 road
    I asked the president of Husqvarna if they will continue with the 2 strokes and he said there was much development being done, so I believe that they will continue with them and that they will refine them until they're by far the best you can buy.
    Interesting thing to note: Klaus (the president of Husqvarna worldwide) answers directly to the CEO of BMW not to the motorcycle division, in fact when they wanted to make the Nuda they decided on the F800 engine and then gave it to the F1 engineers to tweak, essentially bypassing the motorcycle division entirely, this makes them essentially a 'stand alone' manufacturer that's just getting lots of financial help from BMW.
    I think the future is very bright for Husqvarna with many new models coming out and revamping the existing range, my belief (not based on anything but a guess) is that 2013 will be a big year for Husqvarna, they will celebrate 110 years of making motorcycles (the oldest motorcycle manufacturer still making motorcycles) so I think they'll have something special up their sleeves for that celebration.

Just my 2c worth
    Coffee likes this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I agree. I think the whole 4 stroke market is floundering at this time but if i wanted another 4 stoke to keep my 2010 Husky TC250 company it would be the 2012 Husky TXC 310.
  11. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It seems that I read on this website a while back that Husky hired the guy that designed KTMs curent 2 stroke motor. Is that true? I ride an 08 WR250, and I usually get a new bike every 2 or 3 years, but there's nothing out there that would make me sell my WR, except maybe a WR300. GG bikes are too cramped for me, I'm 6'1" and I'll never own a KTM. I'm patiently waiting for Husky to release a new 250 or 300. I'm going to do a complete rebuild in my WR this winter and ride it for a couple more years until Husky catches up and releases a new bike. Brad.
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont think that any manufacturer could have guessed how fast the wheels fell off the 450 4T bandwagon. It has been beaten to death but Husky needs to redesign the 250/300 2T desperately. At the Toronto Bike show 2yrs ago, the International Sales Mgr from IT told me that we would see a new 2 stroke in MY13, no sooner. Everything else he told me that day has come to reality including the 449 and the Nuda. He showed me pics of them 2yrs ago.

I believe that GG got lucky as they didnt have the resources to develop a new 4T and had no choice but to keep peddling 2Ts. With the sudden resurgence of 2Ts, they are probably in the best position of any of the EU manufacturers other than KTM as they have a brand new 2T ready to go for MY12.
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This could go on 4-ever, and the fact is this is the downfall of Husqvarna. They do need to get with the program. Yes $8,000 is alot for a Gas Gas. But the ergos of the old 250-300, kind of would make me justify it. Even had they swapped the 6-speed back in and put the 250-300 in the new WR 125-150 frame, that is what I would ride instead of a cr150. Anyone including a B or C rider blindfolded could feel the advantage of the smallbore frame and ergos over the highly outdated 250-300. I do not know what I will ride for 2012. I hope Husky and it does depend on work and money, but it is sad that I'm even drooling over the 12 Gasser's. Hec I might be dead before 2014 Just throw a 200 cc engine in the 125/150 and bingo, I could live with that to!!! I do not mind the 250-300 engine althougfh it is heavy and outdated. It is a great engine. Also why the he-- are Husky's so tall!!! I have to spend money out the crate just to lower it. Hec my 1995 WR 125 had better stock suspension then a new one. Why??? The 65 looks super trick and does show promise, but yes they are losing sales quickly and yes people are jumping on the Gas Gas and KTM bandwagon. Alot of those people, do not switch back either. They have kids and then buy their kids bikes, who buy their kids bikes. My 22 year old son, loves Husky because of me, not any advertising or magizine writeups. I could go on 4 ever and ever........................................................................... Husky please get your crap together before it is to late.... To you guys who think saving money is great. I do to, but not at the expense of buying something heavily outdated. The fact the thing is missing it's 6-speed tranny makes me sick. I want to ride a 250. I almost am to heavy (168.5 pounds) to ride a smallbore. And a fast guy is faster on a 250 most of the time. We will see......................
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I prefer the taller Husky but I'm 6'6" and 38" inseam, however it is not a good business plan to build bikes to fit me. I do wish my WR250 had a 6th gear. I grew up on a YZ125 and my GasGas EC200 is a 6 speed, I still try to shift my Husky one more time out of habit.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm old. It's more work for me to shift 6 times. It's over-rated in a woods bike IMO. I can count on one hand the number of times I REALLY needed a 6th gear in the woods.
    jmetteer, Motosportz and Bagman like this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    It not the woods... it's what connects them. If you have never ridden an enduro and pulled into an open field, woods road or paved road, with your enduro computer flashing the equivalent of.... U R LATE! I guess you don't need 6th gear!
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I understand you do not need 6th gear, but if it is there and you do not need it who cares. The bike can do different things, by having the extra gear due to the increased top speed cap.... My old 93 250 had BLAZING top speed. I live where I can leave my house and ride dirt roads and stuff. So I like the extra gear.
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes you are tall!!! I'm a short guy at 5'7" (milk man must of stopped by or something) So I would like it to be a little lower, like a Gas Gas comes. The guys below (OLD) do not get it. I know you do not need 6th for the woods (da) But when I want top speed and have the chance to use it I will
  19. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That categorizes me quite nicely. :D
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If Husky redesigns a new bike and just happens to be a 175-200cc DI woods bike that fits a 6'6" 210lb slow old man, I would pay $8,500.00 for it. Oh yea, it's got to be at least 20 pounds lighter than my WR250.