BMW boss interview in Cycle News, Husky Scooters

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by raisrx251, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's cool ... Maybe there is hope for us ;) ...
  2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

dude you are so rite about the dui and scooter thing hahahahaha
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You get on a bike, any bike with an engine, get the wind in UR hair, pull up to the front of place of business, park 10' from the front door and walk in .. Its good time ..
    Coffee likes this.
  4. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I know from personal experience, driving on 2 wheels in Europe in much safer than the US. Scooters and motorcycles are very prevalent in traffic; motorists are used to this and treat 2 wheeled vehicles the same as any other vehicle. Not the same in the U.S., where gas is still relatively cheap. We also have a lot bigger chunk of continuous real estate than most of Europe, which affects transportation considerations proportionally in many ways. I wish we could get public transportation as tight as Germany across our continent.
  5. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wish we could have lane sharing like the rest of the world...

[IMG]
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

lane sharing?? is that what the harley riders are tryin to do when they ride on the yellow line coming at ya?? [IMG]
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  7. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wish lane splitting was legal here. Did it once last summer in Virginia, during a record heat wave. My buddy from Cali took the lead [IMG] what a blessing it was during a 1 MPH bumper to bumper traffic jam.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We do lane sharing here ... We pass on the right.. we drive in the gutter and sidewalks if necessary .. We drive over the center line ... we force each other off the road... we pass in curves ... Its not nearly as dangerous as it sounds but U gotta keep UR eyes forward

It all works for 3 reasons: 1) All drivers here have a good attitude and ~driving skills. Zero, zero road rage, 99.99% are courteous drivers ... Read this again ... courteous drivers, good attitude, zero road rage .. 2) low speeds (20-40 MPH and slower many times)...3) respect for bikers and all other people on the roads even if tey are on a water buffalo ...

It could work in america to some degree but attitudes would need to change big-time ... It requires much much responsibility .. You no longer have a lane, you have a line and that is cool for a biker ... But U cannot change lines within UR lane with out checking who is there ... U really want that?

Here is another thing these guys do ... they blow their horn to let you know they are coming ... Not as a way to belligerent, it is a warning saying here I come, don't move ..,. U hear a horn behind you ? Hold UR line, someone is making a move ...

On second thought, the usa, at least where I'm from, cannot deal with sharing lanes ... Bad attitude and low driving skills will be hard to overcome .. What america should allow is passing \ riding on the shoulder of the road by bikers when in traffic jams .. maybe the states could handle a biker driving between cars also at a red light or in a traffic jam ... maybe

Also, there is not a lawsuit waiting at every turn as is the case in the states ... Being civilized is a high price ... Freedoms are lost first and the suits tell the masses what to do ... Common sense no longer applies ...
  9. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    a 750 twin streettracker
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It's fairly obvious that the american market \ dirt bikes are on the back burner currently with Husky \ bmw ... Maybe the street bikes will be marketed from the bmw showrooms and they'll make a much bigger push on them than the dirt bikes ... Even this way, the Husqvarna name will get more advertising time and the name will eventually loop back to dirt bikes even if the bmw dealers do not sell dirt bikes ... They can just have a pic on the wall or the salesperson should say : "Yes, husqvarna sells dirt bikes also " ...

These are the the words we wanna hear coming out of a meeting ... 'budget review' being key ...

Attached Files:

11. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My .02 are

there should not be a M1 endorsement for your drivers licence . everyone who wants their driving licence should learn to ride, whether or not want to. If every person with a drivers licence took a MSF course, people would be better drivers.

IF everyone rode, the world would be a happier place to live.
  12. Pancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Honda CRF 250-L
    It's a bold move. In Europe Husky are known solely for hardcore, slightly odd ball supermoto and dirt bikes, no one thinks "husky-commuter" unless theyre a sado-masochist. But opinions can change, so who knows. We sell scooters mostly to either 16yr olds who want something cheap and flashy or 40yr old middle class accountants who like something reliable and understated. Im not sure who we're going to sell a performance based, no doubt expensive flashy scooter to.

And as far as American driving standards go, I think your all insane for even leaving the house without saying good bye to your loved ones and checking your life insurance policy. It's worse than anywhere ive ever been. I'd never even consider riding a bike on the road there, And certainly not without a bloody helmet?!
  13. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is all I did when I lived Melbourne, the bike is great for traffic jam, U love the that look people would give you at the light knowing that its only taken you 2 minutes to get where they are that has taken them 30 minutes [IMG]
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  15. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

I saw a Husky scooter for sale on Ebay a few years ago. I think they race scooters somewhere also.
  16. Pancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Honda CRF 250-L
    Scooter racing is massive in France, they have a tuning scene to make even Harley riders jealous