braaaaap! World Finals / Husky 1-2-5 Challenge.....

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pvduke, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hurry John get off Cafe Husky and get back to video editing OK OK
    Coffee and Tinken like this.
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Thank you for the wonderful report PV! Been to Glen Helen a hundred times, but not since I was a race mechanic for Honda. Brought back good memories. :D
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Nice to hear about the Husky 125 exposure/success and a special treat to hear Chuck Sun did so well. He is a local favorite to many of us here in the PNW.
    Very nice report MR Duke!
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you got hit!! attending a non-national all about fun race event, IMHO the best kind and most fun. Great stuff!!
  5. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I was there too, what a treat. The announcer made a comment just before the first 125 pro race about how long it has been since there was a 125 2stroke pro race. I didn't catch the number but it has to have been a while, 10 years maybe? There was a lot of big names, even Gary Jones was out there in the over 60 still going strong. The rider who won the bike was Blake Savage I believe. But the guy who caught my attention was Bobby Garrison. HOLY CRAP that guy is FAST!! And then walking over to the REM track to watch the vintage races was a blast from the past too. I just giggled watching the old Maicos, CZ's, BSA's,TT500 Yamahas, Montesas etc. Just a hoot. I tried real hard to talk myself into racing, but the sissy la-la in me won out. I can't imagine having more fun than I did. Good to meet you Ajax, and I must have met pv duke also cause that is me in the picture talking to ajax.
    pvduke and Tinken like this.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    yeh them old lumpers were awesome at the REM track...what a sound.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert it might have been fun once or twice a year BUT I just do not understand motocross compaired to desert racing or other fourms of offroad.At MX you pay to get in we got a 8 min pratice lap then 2 moto race of about 12 min each.had to wait around alot BUT at a off road event I get to ride all day sat for free spend the night for free and on sunday race at least 3 hours and be on my way home before 1 pm .
    Some people live to do the MX thing I do it a few times a year and everytime wounder why
    I did have a good time and have a nice video to post now to get ready for round 4 of the National in Luceren 85 miles of offroad fun this weeken
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Compared to MX, desert racing is far more challenging and dangerous. I love the desert, the people who put on the events there and the racers who are not afraid to race the wild. Mx is better for spectators I guess, but then there's always GP. You can hike to the top of a hill with your folding chair and cooler of beer to watch some gnar.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    You misunderstood, I should have added non official/national/international MX event. As far as spectating and seeing moto heroes up close and personal these events are great. I am an offroad/enduro/XC/HS guy. Even the most fun, fun MX event I did was the Marty Tripes event at the Ranch , all day walking around sitting around for 2 125cc (Suzuki RM125) motos separated by hours of time. Amazing amount of cool bikes and famous riders that was the whole fun thing. The 2 motos were a blast as well but just a short sprint race.
    I spent all day Sat in the mountains of Tecate kickin my butt riding some of the most challenging tough course single track out there with a relatively small group of hardcore Mexican club offroad hermanos. Much more up my alley than 2 short motos all day long.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    i dunnow. ive done both, though i hardly qualify as an MX'r. but ive practiced on some gnarly tracks a bit and bustin a blind tripple out of a hairpin with a short chute in 3rd spinning the rear tire or a 80+' tabletop at night is about as hairy as a thing i can think of. not to metion demoralizing when some whippersnapper flings by me on an 85. :eek:

im strippin the 300 to bare bones, enrolling in an MX class. no more dust n rocks n trees n long drives....just sweet prepped dirt and a whoooole lota BRAAAP!
    Coffee and robertaccio like this.
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    ive decided. Porky is going on a new mission. we live down the street from the FMF factory. donny's gona bend me up a light weight naked torqe pipe and a shorty race muffler. dirt digits is onboard too for some spiffy but simple and clean #plate backgrounds: #918. that's cop code for CRAZY (so i's named by some of my buddies on the force's here). black wheels with a 19" rr so i can scoop take-offs from the race shop. then, get into an MX class, get some skills and run it and represent in the im freakin scared and old fart class. :oldman: (hold the pajama looking gear though...)

oh this is gona be interesting...or painful. or both! stay tuned for a new build thread. i got the bug!

all your endos are belong to meeeeeeee!

BAAAAROOOOP!

_V6S9796husky300lft.jpg
    robertaccio, Tinken and Xcuvator like this.
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    If you are running a 19" rear, you can pick up one of those geomax mx11's for some roosting fun. I saw one in the shop one day, not sure if it was Ty's or Gary's, but I was impressed.
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup. them's is on the take off pile a lot over here....:thumbsup:saw a few at the track too tossed around that had some life left. a shoulda grabbed some! got a tire change stand now too. i change a lot of tires and dropping tools and stuff the barrel got old...lol.
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    braaap battle for king of the hill...

2Ssutherineaeck222mc.jpg

free bike!!! :eek:

2Ssavage.jpg
    cheko7, Coffee, Motosportz and 2 others like this.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Gary Sutherlin, cool guy, hangs out at ZipTy a lot. Gary rebuilt our enduro track recently and has been practicing there for the X-games. He enjoys jumping over the chain link fences... :eek:
    Motosportz, robertaccio and pvduke like this.
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tri-County had a great result too! and i missed it, i was looking all over for them!
    Coffee likes this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    100% agree about Gary, he was pitted next to us at Tecate HS. Very easy going and suggested against my thoughts about using roll offs that day, good suggestion that I listened to. Built like tank flies like fighter jet!! "There's no faking fast"
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  19. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    roger that rob!

factory tent schwag! that gal was so nice. i think they liked me! that, or, they gave me some gooides to shut me up so id leave....:D either or..it works for meeeee! mreeep! braaap! baaaroooop!

792566684_2810822786_0.jpg
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You can't argue with the results. :)
    pvduke likes this.