Brand new 630 starting problems and cutting out problems.

Discussion in '610/630' started by Jono, Nov 16, 2011.

1. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Third item is gasket for brass plug. I had to remove the tank to get at the lamda connector. As said earler, bike is transformed after PU install.
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The other end of of the lambda sensor plugs into the wiring harness up under the tank. The 3rd part you speak of is the washer for the brass sensor hole plug.
  3. ct-sm Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks, it looks like I'll have to take the tank off in order to get at this thing. I wonder if I can just re-use the washer/gasket off of the lambda sensor?
  4. Jono Husqvarna
    B Class

Not sure what my dealer has done as I still have the Lambda sensor still installed, dealer said he was using a part from the TE300..........I am confused now does this mean I haven't had a power up kit fitted. The bike now runs so much better and does not stall so something has been done.
  5. shoolsema Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats wierd? You'd have to lift the tank to see if the O2 sensor is plugged in...but thats kind of a pain in the ass. I would just call and ask. why have a dead O2 sensor in the exhaust disturbing air flow for no reason? Auto parts stores have a 15mm oil plug that fits the hole. Think the oil plug is $3.
  6. ct-sm Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for the help guys.

It took about 6 hours and one trip to home depot for more zip-ties, but I managed to change the oil, clean the steel filters, replace the oil filter, and take half of the damn bike apart to get at the lambda sensor harness to install the cheater plug. The hardest point was getting the damn 630 logo plastic pieces off the bottom front of the front plastics, those things are a total pain to pry off. That was certainly 0-60 for bike maintenance. I see why people take theirs to a shop!

The power-up kit and dialing down the idle made an instant difference. Steady idling, predictable throttle response, and more power.
  7. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I guess it all depends on skill levels, my bike had a 50 cent power up and JD tuner upgrade in under 1 hr. I never removed the tank though, just the plastics. that 630 emblem part isn't that bad if you are gentle with a small tune-up screw driver.
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    If you think the 630 is hard to wrench on, do not buy a sportbike. :)
  9. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Yes, harness is under the tank. Detailed instructions on the site here. The third item is a copper sealing washer for the brass sensor plug. Supposedly there are oil pan drain plugs for certain cars that have the same thread size and pitch that can be used. It is also a standard O2 sensor size so any plug for any sensor will work. They are about $5 at an auto parts store vs. the $18 for the factory one. However I did safety wire mine to be sure it wouldn't fall out somewhere on the trail.
    The plug-in resistor can also be made from parts sourced from an electronics supply. Details on that here on the site as well.

Safety-wired sensor plug:

[IMG]
  10. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    That's what I did. $3 oil pan bolt from Autozone, not in the nuts/bolts section but back with oil filters. I believe application was for a Mazda, M18-1.5 threads. I didn't use the sealing washer that came with it as it didn't look very heat resistant. I figured just an exhaust so torqued down bolt into the bung without a washer. I'd be very surprised if it ever leaked and even if it did wouldn't affect much anyway.

_
  11. Indy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Once I got the 630 logo pieces off, I left them off. People ask what size the bike is now all the time, so it's a trade off.
  12. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    They are definitely a PITA. The bottom is fairly easy to pop out but not the top. I think they were designed to flip up and remove the screw.

As far as the emblem, the thing isn't 630cc anyway. :excuseme:
    It's better than the giant '630' on the back, that's for sure.
  13. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I agree, however the option to remove the large logo isn't there without replacing plastic!
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Mine don't have the big numbers. Maybe they're still available.

[IMG]
  15. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

glad mine doesn't have those large 630 numbers on the side panels too

[IMG]
  16. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    yeah, yeah rub it in ! But I have the same exhaust, scenery.
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Hell, for that scenery, I'd take the big numbers any day, even in pink. :)
  18. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    the problem with the scenery is it is now snowed in, it is now Ski-doo instead of Husky!