California Winter Blues

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs
    Well, 4 months and 4 days, but who's counting?

Thanks. That's the benefit of crushing bone over snapping ligaments. Much quicker rehab time. I'm still weak as hell, but it's improving noticeably by the day. Can't ask for more than that.:thumbsup:
    (in case anyone is wondering what we're talking about, last September 11th while I was spectating at a Shane Watts school my son was taking, one of the other "students" threw his WR250F Yamaha away, and I thoughtfully dropped it from it's takeoff flight with my left knee, crushing the tibial plateau :eek:)

It...was...AWESOME:D. Spent 3 hours with Scott exploring new, fresh single track in the woods off of our powerlines. In the rain. It was like heaven.

Felt so good I got up and rode again the next morning.
    Did I mention it was awesome?

A touch. At least it was mostly thawed out off of the glacier.

Absolutely. Good thing we had the diplomatic skills of Baxter on our side.

Tim H
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That is 1 gnarly looking place ... I really like those gnarled up, up-hill roads .... Great pics and since that hondo crowd appears to help give U back UR jacket, I'll take back 2% of all the bad things I gave said about a hondo ...

U guys must be pretty riders to tackle that stuff in those conditions ... or at least U have no-fear ....
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    "Roads" is right...all the stuff on that side of the riding area is pretty wide and doable by almost anyone. Some of the roads are pretty steep, though, that's all. And it wouldn't have been gnarly at all if it weren't for the ice. Conditions were absolutely stellar when the ice wasn't present so we had a great day:) Just colder than we're used to, is all.

And, yeah, good karma coming to the Honda crowd :lol:

WoodsChick