Canadian Husky Distributor Announced

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Dec 10, 2009.

1. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Well, I wonder what the standard criteria for a Husky Dealer are? I guess we will know in a couple of days.
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Business plan and prove that you can qualify for GE floorplanning are the biggest issues.
  3. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    What is GE floorplanning?
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

A line of credit that allows dealers to stock 20+ bikes at a time. It is an open bank account that the distributor and the dealer share to pay for parts and bikes.
  5. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Thanks Scott.
  6. apothcariesweight Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm in Alberta with no news whats so ever on any potential for a husky for me, does any one have any insight??
  7. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

We've had 2 dealers in Alberta for a while, Echo Cycle in Edmonton and Outback MotoXtreme in Taber. I haven't heard if there are any additions or deletions for Alberta dealers.

It has really baffled me why no dealers in Calgary have picked up the Husky brand, Calgary has a huge off-road market that Husaberg has gained a large portion of in recent years.
  8. 6Ten Husqvarna
    B Class

9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Considering they only been the Dist "officially" for less than a month and have been working around the clock to get the bikes homologated for street use, I am not going to bust their balls about their website just yet.
  10. apothcariesweight Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the reply..I have talked to both of those dealers, Outback was a real pleasure to talk to and the lady was really helpful except that she said she would probably not be getting any 010's this year as she had not heard anything yet, She suggested importing from Ross Rocher Sales, which I would be interested in, but then the question of warranty, repair and service work comes up. Echo just tries to sell me there left over 07 and 08's and mentioned that mabey they would get 10's but no word yet. Whats an unlucky Albertan to do? :excuseme:
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont think Outback is going to be a dealer. This is not official, but a good hunch.
  12. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

I feel sorry for those who do not live close to Scott. My gain i guess. :thumbsup:
  13. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Yes and i need some plastic!
  14. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Give Scott a call and he'll have a shinny new bike in your garage in no time! I think I'm on #4 from Scott, after the first deal went so smooth, I haven't looked back! Warranty, who cares, the things don't break, I've tried! And if you get a Friday afternoon bike that happens to need some TLC, I'm sure Scott will make it right however he can.

There are a growing number of us here in AB so if your in a pinch there are lots of good folks willing to help each other out.

I'm in Calgary and would be happy to talk you through the process if you want, shoot me a PM and we can chat.
  15. 5thgear Husqvarna
    C Class

Talked to Barret today there not deciding anything until the 30th ?

I hope PacYam doesn't get it. They haven't earned it at all.

After getting screwed around by Husky for the last 2 years and holding out swearing up and down the bikes are the best with no factory support at all or parts. It would be nice to get back on board with a competent distributor. We have been selling them since 2004 and build the product up as best we could in Vancouver. But with funding for advertising , rider support packages, club support deals that you get drom distributors or sales would double.

Lets see what happens.
  16. 6Ten Husqvarna
    B Class

I couldn't care less about earning a Husky dealership or not, but Pac Yam is just a horrible shop to begin with. If you call there with a question about a particular used bike you get different answers from different people. Hell, one time I mentioned the conflicting info & listened to one salesman tell me the other doesn't know what he's talking about, & that I should come down right now & he'll give me a great deal but only that day. Seriously, it's like used car sales circa 1977 over there.
  17. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165

I think we went over bashing dealers that arent even dealers yet earlier in this thread. Uncalled for on this site.
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Thank you, Poopy, Pretty cool our members help set things straight.:thumbsup:
  19. apothcariesweight Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the heads up! I'm in Drumheller so not that far away, you guys with husky's should come down to the valley to play for a day if ya never have, lots of nice hill climbs in the badlands... Probably ready in a month and a half or so to purchase, will look into matter around that time. Hopefully there is a dealer for Calgary this year:thumbsup:
  20. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

True that. Bill is a great ambassador for 2 wheels in general. He's tirelessly promoted Husky's for a few years now, stepped up to help out and sponsor when numerous big dealers do nothing for the community -on road, off road, stunting, newbie rides, you name it) If all dealerships took Bill's stand it would be a better world.