1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Can't get my wre to start???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by cooper, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    I have done a top end rebuild on my wre i got as a non runner as i was told the ring and piston needed changing. Replaced the throttle cable as that was badly frayed also put a new battery on it as that was dead as a dodo, Went to start it earlier and it has compression spark(possibly a bit weak) and fuel. i have changed the plug and plug lead still nothing so i swapped the carb for a known runner and still the same. Any ideas would be great as i have my cbt on saturday and want to get it on the road so i can go enduro and green laning
    Cheers in advance

Shaun

sorry forgot to say its a 2000 WRE 125
  2. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I've got a 2005 wre standard form, read your post wondering if I can help, talk me through it, you changed the top end so you replaced the base gasket and put in a new piston, new ring and new o ring? I'm wondering about your carb, might be stupid but how far round is the idle screw turned? Because when I did my top end mine wouldn't start just kept kicking over, I twisted the idle screw about four turns anticlockwise then kicked it and it fired straight up [weird cos it was running fine before I took the top end off so no reason for it to not start]. My advice is, try twisting your idle screw as if you're leaning the bike out, as if you're trying to make it run on idle but on lower and lower revs, then kick it over for every turn and see if she starts up
  3. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Hi gaz, I have got it running now. It was the piston ring, changed that with new base gasket and o rings and after about 10 mins I got it started, played around with the carb and now it will start nice and easy from cold. Only thing is I lost all electrics, checked the fuses wires plugs ect and all are good. Tested the battery and when the bikes running its only giving 0.65v so sort one thing and then another comes along. On the plus side the bike is awesome on the road pulls really strong through the revs, I love it :-)
  4. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    glad to hear you got it running, I've had mine since april last year, best bike I've ever owned, I turned around when I saw these off road type bikes scream past me, one was a xr400, kx125, a cr125 with a race pipe and I think a dt 125, I went past at 70 mph and they couldn't keep up :} where'd you get your engine parts from btw? I got my base gasket etc from husky sport, he aid he had most parts on the shelf for wre's so if you need any electrical bits best ask there. what exhaust have you got? 07102012633.jpg 07102012641.jpg 08042012059.jpg 07102012633.jpg
  5. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
  6. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    I got my bits from freestyle bikes in Kent. I have spoken to Husky sport and they seem to have a lot of bits four the wre, Ebay don't lol. I have a 2c racing.com front pipe and a dep tail pipe Husky.jpg
  7. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    Hi wonder if you could help me as my 2003 wre 125 will not spark i have replaced the coil the ht cap, spark plug and cdi and i,m getting a good reading from the stator but it just will not spark can you tell me which coloured wires go to the coil as mine has a blue one earthed on the the coil and a black and white wire earthed to the coil as well can you tell me if this is correct thanks
  8. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    lol. Lovely bike hanging from the ceiling :D I'm afraid I know zero about wiring
  9. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Cheers gaz, yours looks nice too. For some reason when i select a pic of my phone it puts it upside down.as for wiring I'm not very clued up on it. But if i get time I'll have a look at mine tomorrow
  10. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    Ive just rewired mine, dif u disconnect he battery while tampering coz if not u blow fuses n recitfier. Check fuses first 15 amps u want n also grab a multimeter n check if recitfier has any power n last but not least heck ur main earth on he top end of engine is connected
  11. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Thanks for the info George I had the stator and rectifier checked out today and the stator is fine, but the rectifier isn't
  12. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    rectifiers are only cheap bud about 30/40 quid so no biggy
  13. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Where from George? Cheapest I, have found are £80
  14. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    I have jut down loaded the manual and i have bike wired up the same as the manual says but its still not sparking where abouts is the main earth on the engine thanks
  15. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    @ Cooper: al call me bike man monday and give u deets and price but i thought mine had gone before and he sed 30/40 price range

@gordon lindsay: Its sat on top the the piston chamber its a blade fitting normally attached to your main earth cable which will have a rubber cover over the top. Al take a pic in half an hour show u
  16. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    I think thats the coolant temp sender
  17. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    i think that too, golden on the inside bit, slots on top of a piece on top of the cylinder head. Isn't the rectifier the little plastic black box up by the left radiator top?
  18. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Indeed that is the coolant temp sensor. Yes gaz it is on the left hand side of the head stock its got a 4 wire plug off of it, and cheers I'd appreciate it I if you could call your bike man on Monday cheers :-)
  19. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    Your rectifier is on the left hand side of the bike n has fins on it 4 cables 1 blue 3 yellow(mebbies other way round) n what im on about isnt the coolant sensor like. As the bike had me stumped for a few days as i had pulled it off n would it nowt start. Al go take a pic in 10 min, sorry i didnt yesterday ended up gerrin stupidly drunk opps
  20. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    That would be very helpful if you could as im well and truly stuck trying to get my bike sparking i reallt do not want to take it to the local bike mechanic as he charges £30 an hour