China Hat in a new light

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Xcuvator, Nov 9, 2011.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tim...you don't write post number 17 because "frankly I don't care what anybody but me thinks." I have a Rekluse and get the joke...it's funny!:lol:

1. It's a Rexcuse for NOT (fixed for Tim) learning art of using clutch properly.
    2. It's a Rexcuse for cheating in technical sections.
    3. It's a Rexcuse for doing better than others in races.
    4. It's a Rexcuse for being too lazy to clutch.
    5. It's a Rexcuse for never stalling the bike anymore...especially when you crash.
    6. It's a Rexcuse for having a normal looking clutch hand instead of T-rex stubbies after a Walker Valley Gnar session.
    7. It's a Rexcuse for not shifting as much as one should.
    8. It's a Rexcuse for riding longer than others.

It's a Rexcuse. I have friends that say the Rexcuse gives me an unfair advantage and I ask what's their Rexcuse!?!?
  2. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs
    To put it back in context, I said I don't care what anybody else thinks about my bike, and if you knew me or my bike you'd understand the truth in that statement.
    I wrote post 17 because I think Rekluse makes a damn good product, and that they deserved to be defended against a cutesy, denigrating nickname that makes no logical sense.

I have three of them. Your list sounds funny if you read it in a Scooby Doo voice, but the only excuses that hold water from it are #1 (assuming you meant an excuse for NOT learning to use the clutch properly), #4, and #7, kinda. All of those things are within the rider's control, too, so the Rekluse doesn't make those bad things happen, it just lets lazy people be lazier if they want. As for the rest, why do you need an excuse for something that is an improvement? The very nature of the word "excuse" implies that something negative/undesireable has happened and you are giving a rationale why it happened.
    I knew as soon as I hit "send" that I shouldn't have, but what the hell. I still think Rekluse deserved the defense. You ride with a Rekluse and know how silly the criticism can be, but to someone that hasn't used one that works properly, that nickname will in no way have positive connotations.
    Anyway, back to lurking (as long as someone doesn't try to tell me what I'm thinking).
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love Rekluse...love it...preach about it all the time!!! It's an awesome product...no doubt. In fact, I've had them on every bike since I started riding in 2007. Those things that I listed are things I've heard along the way. I get it...many are jealous or think it's overrated. I just roll with the punches because I know that they're just having a little fun at my expense. I'd hate to joke around with you in person (I tend to do that a lot) for fear that you might take it personal/serious and punch me in the face (yet another funny ha ha joke in a Scooby Doo voice so you don't take it serious).
  4. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Holy cow!!! what if I had written more than one word?????????
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. cbienusa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 CR250,17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 YZ250
    I see some advantages to the recluse. I've rode a few as long as you have the manual override they are awesome. Almost like cheating add the electric start and they piss me off. Time to update I guess..
  6. sendtobrit Husqvarna

I'm a newbie to this forum first post and i just bought a 2011 TE310! Love it! A week after i bought it tore up my knee playing basketball i'm bummed! Only ridden it once. To bad cause this week it will be in the 50's perfect riding weather.

Is there any situation where the Rekluse would not be helpful? Is it better to have one with a manual override?
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Yes, bump starting... The Rekluse is not helpful when trying to bump-start. Actually, I'm not sure it's possible.